Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

country bumpkin

Great news on the Dunsilly project.......in time to host county finals 2016?

delgany

First  idea from  S V   :  start  div 1 and 2  in February !    2nd idea  reform Cccc by not agreeing a chair  and secretary.  The ghost of the  wee man ? 

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on December 17, 2015, 09:01:52 PM
1st one - I don't think this was solely SV's idea. Other candidates had suggested similar before convention. Good thing for dual clubs IMO as it will help alleviate fixture congestion when the hurling season begins.

That may be the case HS but never implemented
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

themac_23

starting the leagues early was a must, maybe 1st week in feb is too early though? Hopefully this allows leagues to be wrapped up before first round of championship?

JimStynes

First week of Feb  :o  Some teams will only be starting their training in Feb!

JimStynes

It will mean teams starting their pre season at the start of December from now on. Start of March is more realistic.

themac_23

Quote from: JimStynes on December 17, 2015, 10:58:24 PM
It will mean teams starting their pre season at the start of December from now on. Start of March is more realistic.

How long does a good pre season last? some teams seem to overdo it, surely 4-5 weeks is plenty especially as most players do their own gym work etc over the winter.

Peileadoir

I agree that the leagues need to start earlier but not 8 weeks earlier. There are 4 additional games this year not 14 extra games. Most clubs pitches are still closed in early February and if the leagues start early February they will become disjointed and stop-start. This appears to be a knee jerk reaction to having an additional 4 games to fit in for each club. Last year the leagues started on 8th April. If they started the leagues on 6th or 13th March they would still be able to get 3 or 4 games in by the start of April and still be ahead of where they were last year. Common Sense.

themac_23

Quote from: hardstation on December 18, 2015, 12:09:07 PM
I don't think it's a knee jerk reaction to having 4 extra games. Chances are there will actually be 2 less league games this year. It is more a reaction to requests from dual clubs to help with their busy fixture schedule IMO.
+1 one of the main issues being for example a football league fixture the wed before a hurling championship game etc, clubs need more breathing space. This gives it

culchie11

stupid idea if u ask me!
wouldnt happen on wee joes watch, in fact it didnt happen as he turned this proposal down numerous times from the st aggies man who tried to propose it, who is now on board the cc and will put his mad plans in place!

will clubs be happy to play without their county players also?!

who will support our county teams if club games r fixed for same days, times, etc.

no mid week games is the cause of starting this early, the idea is to play games friday and sundays. can of worms.
makes absolutely no sense at all & doesnt take juvenile divisional board fixtures into consider at all, but sure let he tear at it, good luck to them when they have to refix alot of games and dont end up with leagues completed on time.

leave it as it was, a tweak here or there would be suffice. the county managers hadnt even been consulted about it, so needless to say they will have their say on it.

hopefully it gets sorted shortly!!

culchie11

U might c his brother later when u r down the casement social club, as far as I know he still works behind the bar!

The men that r in the positions on the county will hopefully do the right thing after consulting with all relevant and realise that maybe there doesn't need a lot of knee jerk reactions. As I said before a tweak here or there will do the same job! 

theskull1

Or maybe they've thought it through and are happy with the decisions their making. One mans knee jerk reaction is another's quick thinking .... all dependent on whether you agree with it of course.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

themac_23

Quote from: culchie11 on December 18, 2015, 05:51:28 PM
U might c his brother later when u r down the casement social club, as far as I know he still works behind the bar!

The men that r in the positions on the county will hopefully do the right thing after consulting with all relevant and realise that maybe there doesn't need a lot of knee jerk reactions. As I said before a tweak here or there will do the same job!

Yes, because that has worked so well recently..... Yeah 7th feb might be a bit early but would be pretty sure it'll be better than what we have now.

JimStynes

With the league starting in Feb now will that mean everything is wrapped up earlier or will we be playing matches into October!

Na Glinntí Glasa

People seem to forget the brilliant weather we have here. There will be umpteen games not played due to pitches being in no fit shape in many cases.

Our main pitch wont be open till April at the earliest meaning all games are on the second pitch. With it being used for training as well it wont be long before its tore into rubbish.

I hope not but with our great irish weather it will be mostly likely soaking for the month of Feb
hurl like f**k boi!