The Troubles - A Secret History

Started by Eamonnca1, October 03, 2019, 05:07:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 07, 2019, 10:29:52 AM
Quote from: Snapchap on October 07, 2019, 09:37:21 AM
Quote from: trailer on October 04, 2019, 11:05:27 AM
Exactly. The IRA leaders sent these men out knowing that they would be killed.

The IRA leadership sent their most effective unit out to be killed?

You do talk some utter sh1te don't you.

I would query why there was a whole unit used on that job though... I'd have thought these cells operated in small groups, 4 or so, this was to stop information being leaked

Father Faul wasn't backwards in coming forwards about what happened at Loughgall.

Snapchap

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 07, 2019, 11:07:40 AM

I would query why there was a whole unit used on that job though... I'd have thought these cells operated in small groups, 4 or so, this was to stop information being leaked

Father Faul wasn't backwards in coming forwards about what happened at Loughgall.
He didn't say what happened nor did he say what he believed had happened. He merely referenced a rumour about what happened and said he found the rumour intriguing. The absolutely ridiculous rumour being that Adams set up the IRA unit to be wiped out.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: Snapchap on October 07, 2019, 11:42:30 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on October 07, 2019, 11:07:40 AM

He didn't say what happened nor did he say what he believed had happened. He merely referenced a rumour about what happened and said he found the rumour intriguing. The absolutely ridiculous rumour being that Adams set up the IRA unit to be wiped out.

Not all that ridiculous to be honest.

Most uncontrollable unit, arguably the most successful unit, biggest barrier to peace, alleged/proven depending on who you talk to hatred between Adams/Lynagh....I'm not saying I agree with it, but I am saying that the whole truth about Loughgall has not and probably never will be known.

I admit I'm slightly biased to the events at Loughgall considering I had some family link to the event, I am open minded enough to accept that you may be correct. I'm also open minded enough to accept that not everything about that day adds up.

BennyCake

Hmm yeah, you never know. Does make you wonder why so many big men went on that job

In the same way Bono flies separately to gigs from the others in U2. Of course, that could just be that the other 3 think he's a knobhead and insist he flies separately

Denn Forever

Maybe Bono flies with Ryanair with their  low CO2[/sub][/sub] fuel.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

trailer

Anyone with an once of sense knows that they were set up. To think that the British Army stumbled across this kind of operation is extremely foolish.

Jeepers Creepers

Did Peter Taylor not touch on this in his recent doc?? (not about Bono obvs)

Milltown Row2

Quote from: BennyCake on October 07, 2019, 12:45:40 PM

Hmm yeah, you never know. Does make you wonder why so many big men went on that job

In the same way Bono flies separately to gigs from the others in U2. Of course, that could just be that the other 3 think he's a knobhead and insist he flies separately

Bono and planes are not the best of friends, apparently he's had a few near misses. I'd say they don't want to fly with him, and he's a knobhead
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

red hander

Believe 'victims' campaigner Willy's terrorism links (surprise surprise) will be covered in this week's show. The hypocrisy of unionists/loyalists is truly vomit inducing.

dec

Ambrose

Quote from: red hander on October 07, 2019, 09:19:17 PM
Believe 'victims' campaigner Willy's terrorism links (surprise surprise) will be covered in this week's show. The hypocrisy of unionists/loyalists is truly vomit inducing.

Willie's close 'friend' Pastor Barry Halliday showing how much of a man of god he is.

@SJAMcBride·9h
Willie Frazer's close friend Barry Halliday has posted a video apparently endorsing his actions, saying "if somebody's pointing a gun, why wouldn't we point a gun back?" and "I'm not going to disassociate myself &...I'm not worried about the lesser breeds"
https://www.facebook.com/william.frazer.58/videos/2962585980427140/
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Itchy

To think that slime ball was invited to march his brigade of bigots down O Connell street. We owe the dubs a great thank you for stopping that happening.

sensethetone

Willy as dangerous as he was is only the low Hanging fruit.

MoChara

Its pretty well accepted that Lynagh and probably a good squad of East Tyrone was on the verge of joining O'Bradaigh and what became the Contos. Losing your most effective unit to a rival organisation gives the motive.

Main Street

Quote from: MoChara on October 09, 2019, 07:52:44 AM

Its pretty well accepted that Lynagh and probably a good squad of East Tyrone was on the verge of joining O'Bradaigh and what became the Contos. Losing your most effective unit to a rival organisation gives the motive.
And there's no evidence apart from wild speculation that they and others were sold out by the leadership.  All other evidence points to a combination of information gathering events leading to the likliehood that this barracks was the next target and it was attacked using similar methods and numbers that had been used in earlier attacks. There were touts everywhere who were republican sympathisers on the surface  but underneath sold out to avoid petty crime prosecutions.