Duffy's Rant

Started by dublinfella, March 24, 2009, 03:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dublinfella

Quote from: Zulu on March 25, 2009, 05:58:23 PM
DF you seem to be implying that the GAA are trying to scupper plans that the government has in relation to soccer, this isn't the case IMO nor is there any evidence to suggest it is. Has any government built the following for rugby or the GAA in a major population centre.....

Of all the four major soccer projects underway in Dublin at the moment, Landsdowne Road, Tallaght, Lusk and Abbotstown the GAA have to varying degrees tried to get involved at no cost to themselves.

Over the same timeframe how many stadium projects have the DCB initiated or existing grounds they sought to improve? Not one.

Quote from: Zulu on March 25, 2009, 05:58:23 PM
Soccer, rugby and GAA clubs all benefit from government/lotto funding if they apply for it but it seems to me only soccer are getting top class facilities in Dublin built by the government, am I wrong?

And I repeat, have the GAA approached any local authority anywhere with a plan? No. Instead they send delegations to the council after the bulldozers move in to try and get soccer plans altered.

Soccer asks nicely, soccer gets. GAA complains about soccer and sues, GAA gets f**k all. Is it that hard to follow this pattern?

Its a failure of leadership from the GAA in Dublin.

dublinfella

Quote from: Rossfan on March 25, 2009, 06:12:11 PM

You're right there -- I heard from a reliable cource that the Sth Dublin Council diverted about €4m funds from other purposes to fill some of the black hole in their Finances caused by this monosport monoclub "municipal " Stadium .
Total cost will be about 13m -- Govt Grants approved of about €3m, rumours that another €3m will be provided by a bankrupt Government to pay for another stand.  7m to come from where exactly? At a time when the Govt has told Councils to stop all road works.
All to subsidise a freeloading shower of  *******s.

Built on time says Shamfella --- started 1999 didnt it ? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

SDCC have not put one cent into the facility. The dept are funding it.

If you are going to lie, make it almost accurate.

Rossfan

Shambollocks -- please stop telling lies and then accusing others !!!.
Sth Dublin Council paid €1.5m to get their own land back -- fact -try a Freedom of Info request to S D Council.
S D Council took €4m from their Parkland Development Fund to fill some of the black hole they face from this free gift to Spongerock Rovers. Ditto re Freedom of Info request.
Obviously the now broke Government have no intention or money to give the Council the full €13m they need .
The FAI will hardly fund it   ;D ;D ;D ;D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hound

Heard a bit more news on the Lusk facility, from a lad who claims to be a reliable source!

As mentioned, the two outdoor pitches are not big enough for adult GAA, but juvenile GAA and rugby can be played on them.
As part of the overall deal, there was some class of a deal with the Council that gave Round Towers Lusk GAA club additional land bordering their existing land.