Don Draper

BallyroanAbu

Quote from: clonadmad on November 30, 2017, 02:12:59 PM
No blacks
No dogs
No biffos

According to Mr.Loyalty himself

https://twitter.com/woolberto/status/936204818800152577

Very clever by Portlaoise GAA getting Wooly to back Leavy ensures O Neill is a certainty.

clonadmad

Don Draper

Quote from: clonadmad on November 30, 2017, 03:09:53 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on November 30, 2017, 02:36:21 PM
No blacks
No dogs
No biffos

No mention of blacks or dogs there.

Well spotted,sharp as a tack as always
He may be a lot of things, but its unfair to refer to him as a racist or caninist. He's a big dog lover in fact.

Heshs Umpire

Woolly is spot on here.

I'd have to say that anyone who doesn't think that Kieran Leavy has "a reasonable level of capabilities" in terms of the ability to chair the county board doesn't know the guy.

He has pretty much single handedly brought in not tens of thousands but hundreds of thousands to the county's coffers through his fundraising efforts and comes from a highly successful business background. He might well be unorthodox in what he says from time to time but surely another Brian Allen or Gerry Kavanagh type character is not needed. Someone said Dick Miller mightn't always have been as "polished" as others but he sure got things done.

Leavy also voted against the appointments of both Peter Creedon and Tomás Ó Flatharta and was surely proven right there.

Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

clonadmad

Quote from: Don Draper on November 30, 2017, 03:29:20 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on November 30, 2017, 03:09:53 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on November 30, 2017, 02:36:21 PM
No blacks
No dogs
No biffos

No mention of blacks or dogs there.

Well spotted,sharp as a tack as always
He may be a lot of things, but its unfair to refer to him as a racist or caninist. He's a big dog lover in fact.

So he thinks dogs should have the same rights as people,I knew Wolly was a bit of a radical but this......

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/uCe7qWz

clonadmad

Back on Topic

I'm hearing some of the clubs surrounding Portlaoise won't be voting for PON given the Towns recent transfer policy

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Don Draper on November 30, 2017, 05:47:57 AM
Quote from: Keyser Söze on November 29, 2017, 11:07:25 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on November 28, 2017, 07:23:01 PM

Personal? And you compare him to Dick Miller, who dragged this county from self destruction! Now that's a personal insult right there.

Do enlighten me
What? You don't recall the county being in financial ruin? Memories are short around here.

And Dick Miller single handedly solved this?
You don't remember irregularities around ticket sales? You don't remember suspensions for certain things no official let alone a County Chairman should engage in? You don't remember a controversial vote that saw an honourable Laois man removed as Laois Senior Hurling manager?

We can all drag stuff up.
No one man "Saved" Laois.

And rest assured that Mr Parkinson's agenda is personal as usual.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

Don Draper

Miller went in as chairman to save Laois from financial ruin and did so.

He was a fine Chairman who had his faults but did everything for the love of Laois GAA

It's a very nasty tone to your post seeking to draw dirt on a man who did such good service to Laois GAA.

Personal or not, Parkinson is making some salient points.

portlaoisekid

This whole thread is quite nasty.

Good  men all sides who have the best interests in Laois GAA with no right of reply are being vilified by anonymous posters.

I haven't noticed any negative comments on social media. Very easy hide in here.

clonadmad

Quote from: portlaoisekid on December 01, 2017, 09:10:56 AM
This whole thread is quite nasty.

Good  men all sides who have the best interests in Laois GAA with no right of reply are being vilified by anonymous posters.

I haven't noticed any negative comments on social media. Very easy hide in here.

You haven't noticed any negative comments on social media

Do keep up,Son

Or this

https://twitter.com/peterfarr_/status/936231505625604096

Was PON Juvenile Board Chairman when this took place?

Some example

BallyroanAbu

In fairness the only thing I can guess is that Wooly does not like Peter O Neill

Did anyone ever claim the bag that was in the Garda Station or was this just a rumour

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

portlaoiseman says  this thread has become nasty...........no sir, we are entitled to examine the candidates....whoever wins is likely to serve for the next 5 years and the direction they steer the organisation within the county and the leadership they bring will be an important factor in success or failure. If an individual does not want to be therefore examined, don't offer themselves on the ballot.

clearly, portlaoiseman is miffed about his candidate not getting a positive reaction. I have no axe to grind with portlaoise gaa club, and have never been negative towards that club on any posting on this board. If for instance individuals of the calibre of John Hanniffy or  Cheddar were seeking the position of County Chairman, they would have my 100% support, no question.  O Neill brings nothing to the plate, one of those non descript individuals, that has hovered around for long enough and suddenly is at the doorstep of a relatively influential position.

from the late 1960s, the list of county chairman reads, Tom Cushen, Sean Ramsbottom, Bill Phelan, Tom Hassett, Dick Miller, Brian Allen, Gerry Kavanagh....I have experience of all 7 men, and they shared one common denominator....they were committed Laois men. O Neill is not a Laois man and that rankles with me and many others.  I have  spoke with plenty of current and past committee men within Portlaoise Gaa club and O Neill does not get universal approval within his own club is a kind way of putting it...Parkinson on twitter is certainly reflecting a view held by many others within the club.

Hesh's Umpire reflects my view on Shaggy. I have worked alongside him on county fund raisers in the past and he has a good way of sourcing funds for the county...I have found him to be very effective from a few business dealings with him also, and despite the much maligned comment he uttered at the county meeting about foreign games, I think Leavy is quite well clued in......for the record, Leavy with that comment about other sports versus GAA, he was correct in a way..... the GAA should be proactive in looking after itself first rather than rolling over and losing out to other sports....akin to the Christian churches currently taking a big beating from the liberals/pagans and doing nothing about it.

Anyway, a contest is more interesting than a coronation.  My club met earlier in the week, having been heavily canvassed by O Neill, it was decided that the chosen club delegates would have a free vote, you can guess who is getting mine!.

I think Leavy will poll strongly on the Carlow side, I am 100% certain he will win the votes of both Arles club( a novelty), and I think he may receive the majority of the executive. Not sure how he will poll in the southern hurling hinterland, this has the makings of a 60-40 election.

the one item that is pleasing is the bravery of Fergal Byron to run for coaching officer, he is a shoo-in, may receive a walkover....I would see a Leavy-Byron ticket  adding energy and positivity to the county.

clonadmad

Quote from: oneflewoverthecuckoonest on December 01, 2017, 10:29:26 AM
portlaoiseman says  this thread has become nasty...........no sir, we are entitled to examine the candidates....whoever wins is likely to serve for the next 5 years and the direction they steer the organisation within the county and the leadership they bring will be an important factor in success or failure. If an individual does not want to be therefore examined, don't offer themselves on the ballot.

clearly, portlaoiseman is miffed about his candidate not getting a positive reaction. I have no axe to grind with portlaoise gaa club, and have never been negative towards that club on any posting on this board. If for instance individuals of the calibre of John Hanniffy or  Cheddar were seeking the position of County Chairman, they would have my 100% support, no question.  O Neill brings nothing to the plate, one of those non descript individuals, that has hovered around for long enough and suddenly is at the doorstep of a relatively influential position.

from the late 1960s, the list of county chairman reads, Tom Cushen, Sean Ramsbottom, Bill Phelan, Tom Hassett, Dick Miller, Brian Allen, Gerry Kavanagh....I have experience of all 7 men, and they shared one common denominator....they were committed Laois men. O Neill is not a Laois man and that rankles with me and many others.  I have  spoke with plenty of current and past committee men within Portlaoise Gaa club and O Neill does not get universal approval within his own club is a kind way of putting it...Parkinson on twitter is certainly reflecting a view held by many others within the club.

Hesh's Umpire reflects my view on Shaggy. I have worked alongside him on county fund raisers in the past and he has a good way of sourcing funds for the county...I have found him to be very effective from a few business dealings with him also, and despite the much maligned comment he uttered at the county meeting about foreign games, I think Leavy is quite well clued in......for the record, Leavy with that comment about other sports versus GAA, he was correct in a way..... the GAA should be proactive in looking after itself first rather than rolling over and losing out to other sports....akin to the Christian churches currently taking a big beating from the liberals/pagans and doing nothing about it.

Anyway, a contest is more interesting than a coronation.  My club met earlier in the week, having been heavily canvassed by O Neill, it was decided that the chosen club delegates would have a free vote, you can guess who is getting mine!.

I think Leavy will poll strongly on the Carlow side, I am 100% certain he will win the votes of both Arles club( a novelty), and I think he may receive the majority of the executive. Not sure how he will poll in the southern hurling hinterland, this has the makings of a 60-40 election.

the one item that is pleasing is the bravery of Fergal Byron to run for coaching officer, he is a shoo-in, may receive a walkover....I would see a Leavy-Byron ticket  adding energy and positivity to the county.

Well said,that man

Keyser Söze

Quote from: Don Draper on December 01, 2017, 07:04:54 AM
Miller went in as chairman to save Laois from financial ruin and did so.

He was a fine Chairman who had his faults but did everything for the love of Laois GAA

It's a very nasty tone to your post seeking to draw dirt on a man who did such good service to Laois GAA.

Personal or not, Parkinson is making some salient points.

Miller didn't save Laois on his own. Don't pull that one. You have the thrown lots of dirt at other potential candidates while holding up Miller as what they should all be striving to match. You can't do that and then throw a hissy fit when his faults & falls are pointed out! That is how a debate/discussion works. You should be well used to it.
I never said Miller was poor or ineffective!

That O' Neill was born in Offalyis absolutely irrelevant as far as I'm concerned.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......