Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Franko on January 13, 2017, 09:21:24 AM
Grow up MR2, there's no need for that sort of foul mouthed stuff.

Anyway, your childish logic seems to be that because the NI weathermen got the weather forecast wrong in AN AREA of the province, there's no point listening to anyone's opinion about the economic repercussions of exiting the EU.  (Except, bizarrely, yours!)  And there's not much point debating with anyone that uses that sort of logic.

I'm away to make a snowman.

You cant throw comments at me for being childish when you post the same stuff?

My point on brexit is that while it will have a huge bearing on us financially, it wont be to the extent that seafoid wants... or to the extent of the 2006/7 crash..

From a sales point of view i havent seen people holding on to their money, hopefully that stays like that, otherwise i'll be back teaching!!

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 13, 2017, 12:01:11 PM

Anyway, your childish logic seems to be that because the NI weathermen got the weather forecast wrong in AN AREA of the province, there's no point listening to anyone's opinion about the economic repercussions of exiting the EU.  (Except, bizarrely, yours!)  And there's not much point debating with anyone that uses that sort of logic.

My point on brexit is that while it will have a huge bearing on us financially, it wont be to the extent that seafoid wants... or to the extent of the 2006/7 crash..

From a sales point of view i havent seen people holding on to their money, hopefully that stays like that, otherwise i'll be back teaching!!
It's going to be a hard Brexit, MR ...

Martin Wolf :

"the long-run costs will come from having an economy that is less open to trade and skilled immigration. That is a choice still to be made. But it is, alas, likely to be the choice that is made.  Investors and other decision makers should therefore not be in much doubt. The direction of travel is sadly clear. To many, that direction remains highly unwelcome. It is not welcome to me. But it is clearly the reality."

You should buy a vineyard now while sterling is still worth something 

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on January 13, 2017, 12:08:08 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 13, 2017, 12:01:11 PM

It's going to be a hard Brexit, MR ...

Martin Wolf :

"the long-run costs will come from having an economy that is less open to trade and skilled immigration. That is a choice still to be made. But it is, alas, likely to be the choice that is made.  Investors and other decision makers should therefore not be in much doubt. The direction of travel is sadly clear. To many, that direction remains highly unwelcome. It is not welcome to me. But it is clearly the reality."

You should buy a vineyard now while sterling is still worth something

Well when it happens you can give us some advice on how a bailout works and get us through it
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Milltown Row2

michaelg

seafoid

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on January 13, 2017, 09:01:25 PM
Quote from: michaelg on January 13, 2017, 08:57:57 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 13, 2017, 03:36:19 PM
Leading economist Sammy Wilson on Brexit

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/video-news/video-dups-sammy-wilson-on-brexit-uk-can-only-do-trade-outside-custom-union-and-single-market-35362109.html
Not sure what you do for a living, but you are a bit of a self-appointed expert on the subject yourself.
I'm GAA correspondent for the Newsletter

Good for you!! You'll do well at that as they generally print a lot of shit

seafoid

Referring to Thailand and Malaysia as examples of places where a lot of dairy is exported from Northern Ireland, he said the current export tariff is around 15%."If we had to move to a WTO tariff that would double, that would kill that business," he said. "What we need is a period of continued access to the EU free trade agreements for a period, but then we need the UK government to come in and start to negotiate and put in place free trade agreements that are specific to the UK to allow this business to continue."Dr Johnston also warned that the industry is very dependent on free movement of milk, dairy products and people across the land border that has developed over the years through arrangements between the two jurisdictions.He said if that free movement was stopped, there would be a situation in which dairy farmers could be forced out of business. Barclay Bell, president of the Ulster Farmers Union, told the committee that the border "is a big, big issue when you consider the amount of cross-border trade"."Anything that would complicate or hinder that trade certainly would be a big big challenge to the industry in Northern Ireland," he warned.The agriculture and food processing sectors in Northern Ireland are a significant element of the local economy, collectively accounting for around 70,000 local jobs – based on 47,979 total farmers and workers and 23,557 food and drink processing workers.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on January 13, 2017, 10:48:14 PM
Referring to Thailand and Malaysia as examples of places where a lot of dairy is exported from Northern Ireland, he said the current export tariff is around 15%."If we had to move to a WTO tariff that would double, that would kill that business," he said. "What we need is a period of continued access to the EU free trade agreements for a period, but then we need the UK government to come in and start to negotiate and put in place free trade agreements that are specific to the UK to allow this business to continue."Dr Johnston also warned that the industry is very dependent on free movement of milk, dairy products and people across the land border that has developed over the years through arrangements between the two jurisdictions.He said if that free movement was stopped, there would be a situation in which dairy farmers could be forced out of business. Barclay Bell, president of the Ulster Farmers Union, told the committee that the border "is a big, big issue when you consider the amount of cross-border trade"."Anything that would complicate or hinder that trade certainly would be a big big challenge to the industry in Northern Ireland," he warned.The agriculture and food processing sectors in Northern Ireland are a significant element of the local economy, collectively accounting for around 70,000 local jobs – based on 47,979 total farmers and workers and 23,557 food and drink processing workers.

You've just reposted the same thing!

seafoid

Brexit could really shift the politics in NI. The Eurosceptics want to be outside the Single Market. That doesnt suit NI Protestants cos NI doesnt have England's immigration issue but also cos NI benefits from Europe.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on January 13, 2017, 11:38:12 PM
Brexit could really shift the politics in NI. The Eurosceptics want to be outside the Single Market. That doesnt suit NI Protestants cos NI doesnt have England's immigration issue but also cos NI benefits from Europe.

You don't know any ni Protestants, so how do you make this stuff up

rrhf

Quote from: seafoid on January 13, 2017, 10:48:14 PM
Don't forget Malachi number 1 in Thailand. What happens to music post brexit?