Kimmage article about the scandal at O Dwyer's

Started by Asal Mor, June 03, 2018, 12:14:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hound

Quote from: WT4E on July 17, 2018, 11:47:49 PM
Quote from: Kuwabatake Sanjuro on July 17, 2018, 07:05:18 PM
A bit off topic but some nice trolling from Kimmage from the weekend.
https://twitter.com/PaulKimmage/status/1018219553040621568

I often wondered are the Dubs doping?? Its plausible! They missed a test once or twice didnt they? But I suppose anyone can miss test - its happened to some of the best sports stars in the world - Mo Farah - Bradley Wiggans etc.
No!

It's plausible that any individual on any team might be doing something on his own to try and make the team, like the big Kerry eejit, but there'd be very very few managers who would entertain the idea, and certainly not Jim Gavin!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Hound on July 18, 2018, 08:37:30 AM

I often wondered are the Dubs doping?? Its plausible! They missed a test once or twice didnt they? But I suppose anyone can miss test - its happened to some of the best sports stars in the world - Mo Farah - Bradley Wiggans etc.
No!

It's plausible that any individual on any team might be doing something on his own to try and make the team, like the big Kerry eejit, but there'd be very very few managers who would entertain the idea, and certainly not Jim Gavin!

There is definitely individual doping in the GAA but certainly not at a systemic level encompassing an entire county team.

#newbridgeornowhere

WT4E

Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 18, 2018, 10:33:38 AM
Quote from: Hound on July 18, 2018, 08:37:30 AM

No!

There is definitely individual doping in the GAA but certainly not at a systemic level encompassing an entire county team.

Yeah more I think about it it would be too hard to keep a lid on a squad - much easier in individual sports. I tkae it back they aren't doping....... as a team! :)

MC

"It was the first time in the history of the club that O'Dwyer's had won a hurling league"

More important question - how did the driver manage to do that - I could do with a coaching class from this guy!

GetOverTheBar

Probably not the best examples of missed tests....if you scratch just a little under the surface of both these guys there is a fair chance those tests were missed for a reason.

As prior stated, there'll be no systematic doping in GAA. But I'd imagine individual players would certainly be pushing the boundaries even at a very basic club level (pre workout powders etc).

That said, people will think of the more muscular players in GAA - Adding size has little to no effect in the modern game, doping will encompass the area of stimulants etc. There is a reason so many high level athletes have a need for inhalers and  ;)

TheOptimist

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 09, 2019, 01:04:31 PM

Probably not the best examples of missed tests....if you scratch just a little under the surface of both these guys there is a fair chance those tests were missed for a reason.

As prior stated, there'll be no systematic doping in GAA. But I'd imagine individual players would certainly be pushing the boundaries even at a very basic club level (pre workout powders etc).

That said, people will think of the more muscular players in GAA - Adding size has little to no effect in the modern game, doping will encompass the area of stimulants etc. There is a reason so many high level athletes have a need for inhalers and  ;)

There has been only been one team in the GAA that I have ever suspected of doping. And it is not Dublin!

pbat

Often wondered why Kimmage, Walsh or some other Journalist didn't do after Farah the way they went after Armstrong.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: pbat on September 09, 2019, 03:49:22 PM
Often wondered why Kimmage, Walsh or some other Journalist didn't do after Farah the way they went after Armstrong.

Armstrong was fairly powerful and intimidating owing to his success, personality and probably was daunting for anyone to even attempt it despite it being fairly open knowledge from what we know now in cycling circles.

Imagine going after Nike, one of the richest companies in the world? Nearly impossible - But it's been attempted with that investigation into Salazar his coach and therefore the Nike Oregon project.

That said, think the Russian hackers from ages ago released stuff on Farah stating that he was already under investigation due to irregularities on his biological passport, would need to look it up but again it went away pretty quickly.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: TheOptimist on September 09, 2019, 01:22:30 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on September 09, 2019, 01:04:31 PM

There has been only been one team in the GAA that I have ever suspected of doping. And it is not Dublin!

I'll snap....go on....

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: pbat on September 09, 2019, 03:49:22 PM
Because Armstrong corrupted a team. Take drugs or lose your job and livelihood. Team doctors had to assist or slso move on.