Sky TV

Started by Muzz, October 05, 2010, 02:50:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muzz

Guys,

Anyone here work for Sky?

If so anyone got a Friends and Family code they have spare?  Getting Sky into the house and hearing of a great deal with a friends and family code:

...Free
Sky+HD box
·
Half-price
Sky TV for a year (save up to £306)
·
Free
Sky HD Pack for a year (save £120)
·
Free
standard set-up (save £30)

Cheers
Muzz

OverTheBlackSpot

Never heard of that code thinky. My dad is looking to get sky in cause they've a poor RTE picture. Thats about all he'll watch really, £19 per month just to watch RTE is a bit over the top.
Is there anyway of getting RTE with a dish and box without the £19 per month ?

Bensars

If you get any extra pm's muzz,  throw one this way. Would be interested in that too.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: OverTheBlackSpot on October 05, 2010, 08:06:49 PM
Never heard of that code thinky. My dad is looking to get sky in cause they've a poor RTE picture. Thats about all he'll watch really, £19 per month just to watch RTE is a bit over the top.
There will be some sports he can't watch as Sky block Rte showing anything they might also show on Sky Sports ie Heineken Cup Rugby, Premiership soccer and the likes.

OverTheBlackSpot

Quote from: Tony Baloney on October 05, 2010, 08:31:34 PM
Quote from: OverTheBlackSpot on October 05, 2010, 08:06:49 PM
There will be some sports he can't watch as Sky block Rte showing anything they might also show on Sky Sports ie Heineken Cup Rugby, Premiership soccer and the likes.

I've got sky myself got all the sky sports. He'll be more after the GAA and RTE in general. Just wondering is there anyway of getting RTE through sky without forking out the monthy £19 ? I'd be able to stick up an oul dish myself and buy a box.

Bensars

I have perfect rte1 and 2 and tg4 through the built in freeview on a samsung tv. Picture is way better than through the rte aerial. About a year ago it was a bit iffy, but over the last 6-8 months its been steady and perfect

OverTheBlackSpot

Quote from: Bensars on October 05, 2010, 08:58:28 PM
I have perfect rte1 and 2 and tg4 through the built in freeview on a samsung tv. Picture is way better than through the rte aerial. About a year ago it was a bit iffy, but over the last 6-8 months its been steady and perfect

What channel number ? Used to get it afew years ago but then it stoped ! Was around channel 800 or something.

Bensars

800 and 801  theres a few rte radio channels and 24 hr news around the same region

Archie Mitchell

You actually paying for TV for a change Muzz? :L

Can you get RTE, TV3, TG4 on freeview in the north?

Muzz

Thinking about it Archie.

You can get them on freeview if your decoder can decode MPEG-4.  Most TV sets and decoders in the north can only decode mpeg-2 as that is what UK freeview is sent in.  Southern stations are sent MPEG-4!

ziggysego

I've been looking into this recently and as far as I can make out, Freeview HD is MPEG-4. This means, in theory, you should get RTEs, TV3 and TG4.
Testing Accessibility

dubai2000

i got the code from a guy works in sky, cost me £50 right nuff.

I got multi room, SKy +HD, full package, £30 per month, should be £60.

So i am happy enough - however the code only works once.

tyroneboi

I was wondering if you cancel sky can you take it out under the same address but with a different name? Would Sky just install it for you no questions asked?

Minder

How much are you boys paying for Sky? I never paid much heed to it until I  transferred the direct debit from my wifes account to mine. I have the basic entertainment package, Sky Sports, Espn and multiroom. The last two payments have been £46. I thought it should be around £65.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"