It Must be Marching Season

Started by Nally Stand, June 27, 2011, 11:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tbrick18

First and foremost, the OO is the biggest blight on this society IMO.
An organisation founded with bigotry at its routes and just because they say it's traditional to march or whatever, doesnt make it right.
It's traditional for the KKK to hang someone because of the colour of their skin.

No other country in the world would tolerate such an organisation, and for this the British government are at blame. The OO should be outlawed, but I know that will never happen.

As for our "government", it's the only system I can ever see working here, until everyone (that's 100%) of poeple here are happy to accept majority rules in government.
We had that setup here before and it didnt work very well as unionists were in the majority and as such the rest of us suffered.
There's no way anyone would accept a fully unionist or fully nationalist government here even with an opposition, so I think what we have is as good as we'll get.

aontroim abu

Most Read Articles
"Jason Ryan is entitled to his opinion" - Reilly 'The GAA saved my life' Collins reflects on his "moment of madness" 'I can safely say now I was protecting the U21s' Team news: Fitzpatrick and White in for the Lilies Flynn: we need Brennan back Monaghan sweating over trio

GAA banner placed on Belfast bonfire
11 July 2014

The bonfire close to the Boyne Bridge in South Belfast is set to be torched as part of the Twelfth of July celebration this weekend.Sinn Féin Newtownabbey Councillor Gerry O'Reilly has called on loyalists to remove a stolen GAA banner from a bonfire and return it to its owners.

The bonfire close to the Boyne Bridge in South Belfast is set to be torched as part of the Twelfth of July celebration this weekend and Cllr O'Reilly has called on local politicians and community leaders to intervene and return the banner to St Enda's / Naomh Eanna GAC.

Dubbed the 'most attacked sports club in Ireland' during the Troubles, St. Enda's was founded in 1956 and has since grown into the biggest GAA club in North Belfast.

"The theft of this banner which celebrated St Enda's GAC youth competition is bad enough given the excellent work they carry out in the Glengormley community," Cllr O'Reilly said.

"The banner has now appeared on the bonfire being built close to the Boyne Bridge on Sandy Row.

"This is completely unacceptable. Where is the tolerance and respect in the theft and burning of a GAA banner. This and the burning of election posters and the Irish flag is a hate crime.

"I will be reporting this to the PSNI and would urge local community leaders and politicians to intervene and return this banner to St Enda's GAC."

Clinker

Noticed her as well on the one they are currently putting the finishing touches to at Broadway Roundabout on the main road into Belfast.

Orior

The Anna Lo election posters took some planning.

They would have been stolen during the election campaign and then stored with the intention of burning them on the Twelfth. And when you think about all the furore about Anna then obviously these low-brows aint gonna listen to anyone except the commander-in-chief.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

red hander

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 11, 2014, 12:30:45 PM
Yeah but then the question is who would bring it in - the ones who would get voted out by it  :-\

I really do hope the unionist turkeys are stupid enough to vote for Christmas and bring the whole shithouse down, Stormont is a farce and a gravy train for MLAs and their families. The vast majority of MLAs, under any other circumstance, wouldn't in a million years achieve a similar job, salary and benefits the like they are paid up there in a meritocracy. Hand responsibility for the brain haemorrhage-sized migraine that is this failed statelet back to London and let them deal with it. That's a quicker road to reunification than the Shinners can deliver IMO

Fuzzman

Has anyone ever been to Bundoran on 12th July?
What's it like?

glens abu

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 11, 2014, 07:46:30 PM
What's it like?
[/quote

The Falls

red hander

Fuzzman

Young hoods all around?
Any decent pubs?

J OGorman

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 11, 2014, 08:39:47 PM
Young hoods all around?
Any decent pubs?

Brennans for stout, great bar run by 2 old women. Maddens bridge bar is a good bar with top grub. La Sabbia (up the road behind Madden's is a good spot for eats) :-)

hairyUlsterman

I don't know why unionists feel the need to erect such extreme decorations, go through Magherafelt or Cookstown which have over 50% nationalist  population, it just shows their insecurity.
It's 400 years since the death of Ulster chieftain Hugh O'Neill in 20th July 2016, if the towns were decorated with massive arches with images of him and with Ulster province flags/other related Irish flags flying everywhere the unionist lot would go out and riot, the nationalist people are more secure with their identities in most places in N.Ireland.
I wonder what will take place at the 100 year anniversary of the 1916 rising, the politicians will rant about how it's nothing to do with us yet one of the rebels was from Tyrone.

Orior

Quote from: hairyUlsterman on July 11, 2014, 08:49:34 PM
I don't know why unionists feel the need to erect such extreme decorations, go through Magherafelt or Cookstown which have over 50% nationalist  population, it just shows their insecurity.
It's 400 years since the death of Ulster chieftain Hugh O'Neill in 20th July 2016, if the towns were decorated with massive arches with images of him and with Ulster province flags/other related Irish flags flying everywhere the unionist lot would go out and riot, the nationalist people are more secure with their identities in most places in N.Ireland.
I wonder what will take place at the 100 year anniversary of the 1916 rising, the politicians will rant about how it's nothing to do with us yet one of the rebels was from Tyrone.

If the unionists do allow anything then it will have to be completely anaemic and neutral, no tri-colours etc etc, so as not to cause upset to unionists or make them feel excluded, just like St Patrick Day. Whereas in the Ardoyne their advice is for Nationlists to stay indoors.

That's equality for ya.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

red hander

Quote from: hairyUlsterman on July 11, 2014, 08:49:34 PM

Time there was a plaque on Tom Clarke's house in Dungannon

EC Unique

What's it like?

A cheap sh1t hole. Like every other day of the year I would imagne.

BennyCake

Quote from: EC Unique on July 11, 2014, 10:47:25 PM
What's it like?

A cheap sh1t hole. Like every other day of the year I would imagne.

I don't mind Bundoran. Best to stay away from it on bank holidays though.