It Must be Marching Season

Started by Nally Stand, June 27, 2011, 11:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on July 11, 2014, 11:28:38 AM
Quote from: haveaharp on July 11, 2014, 10:18:44 AM
On the burning tyres issue. If it is illegal and pointed out to the authorities, why isn't anything being done ? Should be sent down with a dozer and flatten any bonfire that has tyres on it.

Because they are too s*it scared to do anything about it as it'll spark off some major violence and we'll have to listen to even more of the bulls*it about their civil and human rights being trampled over and their culture and tradition being oppressed.

When your entire 'culture' is based around the oppression/ domination of one section of a community, you are in serious trouble. The very existence of the OO is to guard against those bad aul Catholics. You can then dress it up anyway you like, add bonfires, call it orangefest, have marching bands and hymns and prayers it is anti-culture.

In America there is an organisation which dresses up and has rallies and is totally against sections of their own community and they use violence and intimidation as their M.O. the KKK. However their government doesnt bow down to them, doesnt give them grants to hold their hate filled rallies and bonfires or allow them to attack innocent people because they are of a different persuasion.

What strange little place we live in.

haveaharp

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on July 11, 2014, 11:28:38 AM
Quote from: haveaharp on July 11, 2014, 10:18:44 AM
On the burning tyres issue. If it is illegal and pointed out to the authorities, why isn't anything being done ? Should be sent down with a dozer and flatten any bonfire that has tyres on it.

Because they are too s*it scared to do anything about it as it'll spark off some major violence and we'll have to listen to even more of the bulls*it about their civil and human rights being trampled over and their culture and tradition being oppressed.

I know that but at what point is enough enough.

imtommygunn

Enough was enough a long long time ago.

Politicians *should* have to take responsibility for their actions / words. You have the first minister of here supporting, again, unashamed bigotry. They are answerable for or accountable for nothing it seems.

Bring in legislation they say. Objective legislation for parades exists. The problem they have is that it is objective.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: haveaharp on July 11, 2014, 11:58:00 AM
I know that but at what point is enough enough.

Depends what you had enough of, breaking the law burning tyres on a bonfire or the bare naked sectarian Orangefest that is the not so glorious twelfth.   

johnneycool

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 11, 2014, 12:04:13 PM
Enough was enough a long long time ago.

Politicians *should* have to take responsibility for their actions / words. You have the first minister of here supporting, again, unashamed bigotry. They are answerable for or accountable for nothing it seems.

Bring in legislation they say. Objective legislation for parades exists. The problem they have is that it is objective.

That unashamed bigotry will consistently get him re-elected, the very reason Mike Nesbitt is taking the UUP down the same path.

imtommygunn

Yep - there is an element of pandering to it but they're also quite clearly bigots too.

Redhand Santa

Until they bring I'm mandatory voting to the north this sectarian politics will continue. I suspect many of the 40 percent plus not voting would have more liberal views and change things considerably in elections.

imtommygunn

Yeah but then the question is who would bring it in - the ones who would get voted out by it  :-\

Zip Code

Quote from: imtommygunn on July 11, 2014, 12:26:42 PM
Yep - there is an element of pandering to it but they're also quite clearly bigots too.

Nesbitt, Robinson, Dodds, Donaldson and their mates are simply sectarian bastards no wonder they get away with it with the moral high grounders on here yapping because some gay couldn't get cream on his pie, these f**kers are running our sham of a province!  You couldn't make it up!

Hereiam

The tell tale signs were there at the signing of that shit agreement between the unionist, OO, UVF & UDA etc.
In a normal situation would the leader of the so called country not be the first to sign except here the OO signed first and then Robinson which shows you who is running this place.
Also to sit with that bastrad Billy p***k gives no hope to anyone.

ziggysego

Quote from: Hereiam on July 11, 2014, 12:45:28 PM
The tell tale signs were there at the signing of that shit agreement between the unionist, OO, UVF & UDA etc.
In a normal situation would the leader of the so called country not be the first to sign except here the OO signed first and then Robinson which shows you who is running this place.

I noticed that too. Really speaks volumes who's speaking for that section of the unionist community.
Testing Accessibility

imtommygunn

If they ban that too there'll be bedlam...

HiMucker

Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 11, 2014, 12:29:27 PM
Until they bring I'm mandatory voting to the north this sectarian politics will continue. I suspect many of the 40 percent plus not voting would have more liberal views and change things considerably in elections.
Out of interest is mandatory voting conducted in any other countries?

NAG1

Quote from: HiMucker on July 11, 2014, 02:17:51 PM
Quote from: Redhand Santa on July 11, 2014, 12:29:27 PM
Out of interest is mandatory voting conducted in any other countries?

Australia?