Keyser soze

Quote from: cockahoop on July 08, 2014, 11:49:14 AM
Quote from: Keyser soze on July 08, 2014, 11:41:56 AM
Quote from: cockahoop on July 08, 2014, 10:43:00 AM
Quote from: Keyser soze on July 08, 2014, 09:57:34 AM
Quote from: cockahoop on July 07, 2014, 05:17:48 PM
Quote from: red hander on July 07, 2014, 05:08:38 PM
Quote from: cockahoop on July 07, 2014, 03:30:32 PM
on a slightly different note,the irish news have a lot to answer for,every day they pick up on petty things like the ivory coast flag missing from a pub in the shankill road!!once bad enough but every bloody day now they have latched onto the union jack put up on a lamp post inside church grounds in dervock,ok it should not have happened but to go on and on about it only creates more tension.

Aye, let's ignore it and it will go away ... talk about shooting the messenger.

no not at all but i hardly think giving a daily update on weather a pub on the shankill road has the ivory coast flag up or not is news worthy,yes the flag in dervock is a issue but does a flag stuck on a flag pole on the edge of church property offensive?maybe for some but ive yet to hear a view from the local priest only from some politician jumping on the band wagon,read todays report and i quote "it is understood sunday mass went ahead despite the loyalist display"..why on under god would mass be cancelled because a flag was put up?? bloody sensationalism to stoke up a reaction in my opinion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-28203619

It's not just the Irish News thats highlighting this issue.

highlighting it and sensationalism is two separate things

As far as I can see the IN reported the "fact" that mass went ahead. It is you who sensationalised the issue by asking 2why...would mass be cancelled" which wasnt mentioned in the article.

Fair enough, this is a trivial issue, unless you're a catholic from Dervock i suppose.

how do you know?a catholic from Dervock hasnt been asked which is exactly my point

yes i asked why mass would be cancelled in response to the irish news stating it went ahead,whats that got to do with the price of fish?its like reporting Neymar  is injured "but the Brazil v Germany will go ahead",why would it not go ahead?

I don't know. Which is why I put I suppose at the end of the sentence!

From what I read the issue was raised by elected representatives from the area, I would imagine at the behest of, or acting on information from, people who attend the chapel. I didnt think it was sensationalised, trivial yes. Unless it was your own chapel.

NAG1

Quote from: Keyser soze on July 08, 2014, 02:31:24 PM
Quote from: cockahoop on July 08, 2014, 11:49:14 AM
Quote from: Keyser soze on July 08, 2014, 11:41:56 AM
Quote from: cockahoop on July 08, 2014, 10:43:00 AM
Quote from: Keyser soze on July 08, 2014, 09:57:34 AM
Quote from: cockahoop on July 07, 2014, 05:17:48 PM
Quote from: red hander on July 07, 2014, 05:08:38 PM
Quote from: cockahoop on July 07, 2014, 03:30:32 PM
on a slightly different note,the irish news have a lot to answer for,every day they pick up on petty things like the ivory coast flag missing from a pub in the shankill road!!once bad enough but every bloody day now they have latched onto the union jack put up on a lamp post inside church grounds in dervock,ok it should not have happened but to go on and on about it only creates more tension.

Aye, let's ignore it and it will go away ... talk about shooting the messenger.

no not at all but i hardly think giving a daily update on weather a pub on the shankill road has the ivory coast flag up or not is news worthy,yes the flag in dervock is a issue but does a flag stuck on a flag pole on the edge of church property offensive?maybe for some but ive yet to hear a view from the local priest only from some politician jumping on the band wagon,read todays report and i quote "it is understood sunday mass went ahead despite the loyalist display"..why on under god would mass be cancelled because a flag was put up?? bloody sensationalism to stoke up a reaction in my opinion.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-28203619

It's not just the Irish News thats highlighting this issue.

highlighting it and sensationalism is two separate things

As far as I can see the IN reported the "fact" that mass went ahead. It is you who sensationalised the issue by asking 2why...would mass be cancelled" which wasnt mentioned in the article.

Fair enough, this is a trivial issue, unless you're a catholic from Dervock i suppose.

how do you know?a catholic from Dervock hasnt been asked which is exactly my point

yes i asked why mass would be cancelled in response to the irish news stating it went ahead,whats that got to do with the price of fish?its like reporting Neymar  is injured "but the Brazil v Germany will go ahead",why would it not go ahead?

I don't know. Which is why I put I suppose at the end of the sentence!

From what I read the issue was raised by elected representatives from the area, I would imagine at the behest of, or acting on information from, people who attend the chapel. I didnt think it was sensationalised, trivial yes. Unless it was your own chapel.

On a side note have always disliked the use of the word 'chapel' to me especially in this part of the world it is used with a negative connotation in comparison to Protestant 'Churches'.

Just thought I would throw that out there  :D

foxcommander

Didn't Harryville chapel have flags outside it for donkeys years?
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Hereiam

It had a shower of hateful c***ts outside it for a while. Do people forget what went on there.

ziggysego

Quote from: NAG1 on July 08, 2014, 02:37:34 PM
On a side note have always disliked the use of the word 'chapel' to me especially in this part of the world it is used with a negative connotation in comparison to Protestant 'Churches'.

It's a common mistake by all side.

A chapel is a Church within another building, eg. a hospital.

A Church is a building on it's own.
Testing Accessibility

Keyser soze

Quote from: ziggysego on July 08, 2014, 03:46:32 PM

Well Im not sure a google search will agree with your definition there Zig.

Nag1 Yes it is used almost exclusively when referring to catholic places of worship but I have always used it and quite like it.

passedit

Don't Panic

Hardy

Oraisteach

So, does anyone know the height of the tallest Leaning Tower of Prejudice?  I know these guys take pride in the size of their erections.

theskull1

I think you're confusing us with people who give a f**k
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

imtommygunn

The graduated response has begun it seems.

They want changes to legislation.

So the law doesn't allow them to do what they want in 100% of cases and therefore must be changed.

Parades commission anti democracy.

You couldn't make this stuff up if you tried...

AQMP

Quote from: Keyser soze on July 08, 2014, 05:03:25 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 08, 2014, 03:46:32 PM

Well Im not sure a google search will agree with your definition there Zig.

Nag1 Yes it is used almost exclusively when referring to catholic places of worship but I have always used it and quite like it.

Think Ziggy is right.

grounded

Quote from: orangeman on July 10, 2014, 12:48:46 PM
Graduated response seems to have started alright.

http://www.u.tv/News/Catholic-church-attacked-in-Co-Down/0f45b60d-f91d-4fcf-a593-3fdad1481662

The 12th is in kilkeel this year so the old bigot blood will be up. A number of years ago at the traditional burn the pope event, someone forgot to bring the petrol. Furious at this oversight the pope was brought down to the harbour where he was ceremoniously drowned with a noose around his neck in front of the cheering crowd.

AQMP

Quote from: grounded on July 10, 2014, 03:16:18 PM
Quote from: orangeman on July 10, 2014, 12:48:46 PM
Graduated response seems to have started alright.

http://www.u.tv/News/Catholic-church-attacked-in-Co-Down/0f45b60d-f91d-4fcf-a593-3fdad1481662

The 12th is in kilkeel this year so the old bigot blood will be up. A number of years ago at the traditional burn the pope event, someone forgot to bring the petrol. Furious at this oversight the pope was brought down to the harbour where he was ceremoniously drowned with a noose around his neck in front of the cheering crowd.

You can't beat the carnival, festival atmosphere of the 12th.