5 Sams

Quote from: charlieTully on July 04, 2014, 08:34:22 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on July 04, 2014, 03:11:57 PM
Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 04, 2014, 12:12:32 AM
Thought Carruthers had his paxman moment the nite,
Bell got his ass handed to him lol

Any links. Cant find it on Youtube

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b04778rr/the-view-03072014
Thanks Charlie. Unreal. How do these people get elected....don't answer that...I know...
The Aristocrat Years

armaghniac

QuoteLike Witness Festival - Awesome Bands, Lots of drink and the hottest birds on the planet.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

glens abu

Deputy First Minister Martin McGuinness accused Unionist politicians of "dancing to the tune" of the Orange Order and the UVF.

He said there needs to be a recognition of whose agenda is being followed.
Mr McGuinness said: "We used to see in the North, Unionist politicians play the Orange card. What we're now effectively seeing is the Orange Order play the Unionist card, and we're seeing Unionist politicians dancing to the tune of the Orange Order and the UVF."

"This is a time to be calm, for cool heads and for all of us to recognise that this is a very difficult situation, approaching a crisis.

"When we have a situation where unionist parties effectively walk out of talks, cancel a meeting of the North-South ministerial council, that's a very serious matter indeed.

Mr McGuinness what was even more serious are recent remarks made by Unionist leaders "where they are clearly indicating" that this could result in the destruction of the political institutions.

"I think that's ludicrous."

T Fearon

Would anyone miss the Stormont institutions? Are they advancing the nationalist cause one iota when unionists have a veto on everything anyway (as opposed to advancing Sinn Fein's agenda of simply being in government North and South)?

I'm thinking that either joint authority or even so called direct rule (with strong Dublin involvement) would be much better than the current situation.At least we would be governed by real politicians instead of 17th century fundamrntalists  and bigots who generally haven't a clue

EC Unique

Quote from: T Fearon on July 05, 2014, 05:50:03 PM
Would anyone miss the Stormont institutions? Are they advancing the nationalist cause one iota when unionists have a veto on everything anyway (as opposed to advancing Sinn Fein's agenda of simply being in government North and South)?

I'm thinking that either joint authority or even so called direct rule (with strong Dublin involvement) would be much better than the current situation.At least we would be governed by real politicians instead of 17th century fundamrntalists  and bigots who generally haven't a clue

I've thought this for quite a while now. 90% of the men on the hill are completely useless.

glens abu

Yeah right enough those REAL politicians are doing a great job in the 26.

charlieTully

Dup/sf - a perpetual state of crisis.

Maguire01

Quote from: glens abu on July 05, 2014, 05:54:31 PM

But can you argue FOR the politicians in the Assembly?

glens abu

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 05, 2014, 06:44:17 PM

Not too many of them but then they are who we voted for and the institutions are also what we voted for.

muppet

75% of most assemblies are complete duds at best.

Then in the 25% you have those who are capable but are self-servicing or blinded by ideology.
MWWSI 2017

foxcommander

Quote from: armaghniac on July 05, 2014, 06:18:02 AM
QuoteLike Witness Festival - Awesome Bands, Lots of drink and the hottest birds on the planet.

Cor!!
Look at the bingo wings on that  :-*
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

foxcommander

Gregory Campbell delighted that Rossnowlagh went off without a hitch

"Whilst I've attended Rossnowlagh before, this will be my first time to participate in the parade," he said.

"It's a brilliant day out for all the family and brings out so many positive attributes of the loyal orders."

Mr Campbell said he "looked forward to a day" when parades throughout Northern Ireland had the same level of "tolerance and respect" shown by all sides.
----------

Yes, as long as the OO can march where they want....that's the "tolerance and respect" which is required.
Now they want The Irish President to attend their 26 county orangefest...erm...have they read their own charter?
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Rossfan

Amazing how a march can cause no hassle when the participants just walk down the road and don't bring along a shower of shaven headed bigoted thugs shoutin abuse at the people who live along the way. ;)
Mervyn Gibson, Peter Robinson, McCausland, Dodds etc please note.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Maguire01

Quote from: glens abu on July 05, 2014, 06:51:55 PM

Not too many of them but then they are who we voted for and the institutions are also what we voted for.
But the question is whether we'd miss them if they weren't there.