It Must be Marching Season

Started by Nally Stand, June 27, 2011, 11:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Lol. Pretty much sums it up skull.

Although the wheel analogy would imply some work is being done to keep us about where we are and there are quite a few politicians about who I'd be pretty sure aren't doing too much work!!

give her dixie

I think this sums up the stupidity of marches, and the hangers on.

Wearing a German football jersey with Combat 18 on the back. No doubt he is a staunch Israeli supporter as well.......

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

red hander

Give them a gun, tell them to point it at their foot and then pull the trigger ... that's political unionism for you. Alternatively, show them a big hill, tell them to march their idiot scum to the top of it... and then march them down it again. All nationalism/republicanism has to do is sit back and watch them make c***ts of themselves... again.  ;D

Hereiam

Yes  and as we sit back and let them at it what good is it doing. Nothing is going to change as the pricks with the power are members of the OO and I am sure they have been told that they will get down these roads eventually.

imtommygunn

So toys out of the pram now for the unionists.

They don't have any respect for unionism they say.

Or alternatively that reads we didn't get what we wanted so this is what we're not playing ball.

I just hope these p***ks don't start their protests again. Real pain in the ass. One thing is for sure - any maturity on the situation will not be shown by any unionist or orange order leaders.

July is great in this place  ::)

Rossfan

I wonder how many Catholic voters Robinson and Poots are reaching out to now  ::)
They of course cannot do or say anything unless it is what the secretive, bigoted, sectarian 17th Century Orange Order wants.
Then again they are all members of that first cousin of the KKK and couldn't get to leadership ( as loosely defined) positions in Unionism if they weren't.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hardy

The words of the song always come to mind:
And the <sane> people ask, "What are they matching for?"
And I ask myself the same question.

If only the last lines were as apt:
Year after year, the numbers get fewer;
Someday no one will march there at all.

DoireGael

Haven't lived in the north in around a decade now.

I lived in Dublin for a few years and now in London. But any thought of going back to live in the north is essential lost when seeing these marching issues reappear.

In modern life how do people for all this?

FermGael

Honestly cannot see what has to be gained from this.
I think that the qualifier games will be targeted involving Tyrone and Armagh\Monaghan.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

theskull1

It's is astounding what you can get human beings to believe if you isolate them from diverse ideas, ring fence their minds and indoctrinate them.

The rational thinker can't make head nor tail of what goes on at this time of year but we live amongst religious and political (two sides of the same coin) leaders who prevent people from thinking freely, whilst leading them to believe that they are thinking for themselves.

You have to wonder is there any incentive for unionist 'leaders' (my arse) to drive educational standards in working class unionist areas when the are so easy controlled as they are.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Orior

The Parades Commision have given their decision on return parade past Ardoyne....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7WiEG80lOo&sns=em
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

foxcommander

Should bands not be allowed to play or march in areas that don't want them?

How does this tie in with the debates about unionists not wanting certain people moving into their areas?

There's a twisted logic in there somewhere...
Every second of the day there's a Democrat telling a lie

Hereiam

The bottom line is what does the grass root protestant community have as "culture"
Nationalists have their local GAA clubs to provide them with a sense of community spirit and helps bring the local people together, and its seen as part of the Irish culture.

Protestant's on the other hand have
- Orange Order marches
- Tractor runs
- Irish league soccer - doesn't take in everyone like the gaa.

Am I right in saying that these people are grasping on to whatever they can to feel a sense of belonging.

red hander

Yeah, a sense of belonging to a British state that doesn't give a flying fiddlers for them and looks upon them as Paddies, just like the rest of us native people.

This is a line in the sand, they're saying, but sure they said the same about the Tunnel and Garvaghy Road, and look where that got them. If they carry on with this oul craic I can see a lot more of the 95% of uncontested parades starting to be contested by new residents' groups to wind them up even more

imtommygunn

With the haas talks failing, now this, the flag debacle etc etc is there a possibility that at some stage cameron will spit the dummy and step in here? You have to wonder what the tories etc are are thinking.

Toys out of the pram again.