It Must be Marching Season

Started by Nally Stand, June 27, 2011, 11:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AQMP

Quote from: Jeepers Creepers on July 22, 2013, 10:01:15 PM
Gibson a Former branch man, says a lot about his views on law and 'order'

Also shows you what sort of a "police force" the RUC was.

Applesisapples

I don't really understand this urge to parade, whether loyalist or republican its not culture. In the case of loyalists or the PULC as they are now known it is coat trailing and nothing more. In the case of republicans it's monkey see monkey do. I can't wait to the boney on the 15th August...bucky galore and an oul statue of the Queen to burn, cud'n bate it !

NAG1

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 23, 2013, 12:46:06 PM
I don't really understand this urge to parade, whether loyalist or republican its not culture. In the case of loyalists or the PULC as they are now known it is coat trailing and nothing more. In the case of republicans it's monkey see monkey do. I can't wait to the boney on the 15th August...bucky galore and an oul statue of the Queen to burn, cud'n bate it !

Apples that's the problem, it is their culture it is their only form of culture, a few days of the year to run amok to show everyone who is still in charge.

The Ulster scots thing is an attempt to create a form of cultural identity for them so that being a loyalist/ Unionist actually means something, they are completely disenfranchised and abandoned/ neglected by their political leaders.

Onion Bag

They have submitted another application to march down Ardoyne this Saturday afternoon 27th july

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-23405187
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Applesisapples

Quote from: NAG1 on July 23, 2013, 12:56:57 PM

Apples that's the problem, it is their culture it is their only form of culture, a few days of the year to run amok to show everyone who is still in charge.

The Ulster scots thing is an attempt to create a form of cultural identity for them so that being a loyalist/ Unionist actually means something, they are completely disenfranchised and abandoned/ neglected by their political leaders.
The Ulster Scots Cultural bits are actually Irish Gaelic in origin having been brought to the Highlands along with the language the Irish around the 4th or 5th centuries, the lowland Scots type dialect they have attached to it isn't culturally connected to the music, song and dance.

NAG1

Quote from: Applesisapples on July 23, 2013, 02:47:27 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on July 23, 2013, 12:56:57 PM

The Ulster Scots Cultural bits are actually Irish Gaelic in origin having been brought to the Highlands along with the language the Irish around the 4th or 5th centuries, the lowland Scots type dialect they have attached to it isn't culturally connected to the music, song and dance.

Hence my reference to its 'Creation' trying to create a culture from a hybrid of different things, a rubbish dialect and some Irish/Scottish dancing and passing it off as a culture is laughable. But yet it is being recognised and being compared to the Irish language - for shame.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Onion Bag on July 23, 2013, 02:03:06 PM
They have submitted another application to march down Ardoyne this Saturday afternoon 27th july

isnt that the definition of insanity ?

repeatedly trying something crazy that didnt work the first (or subsequent) time(s)!!

they really want to force their way down this street where they have no business.
its a fantastic example of the bully boy mentality that fueled the (apartheir-esque) six county establishment from yesteryear that prevails yet today amongst the unionist/loyalist fraternity!

maddog

Time to call their bluff and tell them anymore nonsense and the lot is banned for next year. Taxpayers money going up in smoke as usual.

deiseach

Quote from: lynchbhoy on July 23, 2013, 04:39:52 PM
Quote from: Onion Bag on July 23, 2013, 02:03:06 PM

isnt that the definition of insanity ?

repeatedly trying something crazy that didnt work the first (or subsequent) time(s)!!

they really want to force their way down this street where they have no business.
its a fantastic example of the bully boy mentality that fueled the (apartheir-esque) six county establishment from yesteryear that prevails yet today amongst the unionist/loyalist fraternity!

I'd love to read one of these 'applications'. You'd probably need asbestos gloves.

muppet

I think marchers and their followers should all be fitted with those GPS tracker yokes and a device capable of giving an electrical discharge.

Anyone who starts marching down a street prohibited by the Parades Commission would get a 10mA shock. For every step (x) they take down that street, they get another (10mA + xmA) shock.

This way it might be as much fun for Nationalist spectators as it obviously is for Unionist ones.
MWWSI 2017

red hander

Quote from: muppet on July 25, 2013, 06:43:37 PM
I think marchers and their followers should all be fitted with those GPS tracker yokes and a device capable of giving an electrical discharge.

Anyone who starts marching down a street prohibited by the Parades Commission would get a 10mA shock. For every step (x) they take down that street, they get another (10mA + xmA) shock.

This way it might be as much fun for Nationalist spectators as it obviously is for Unionist ones.

For GPS tracker yokes substitute butt plugs ... well, they are obsessed with the 'queen's highway'

playwiththewind1st

Quote from: muppet on July 25, 2013, 06:43:37 PM

Get an ever bigger shock next time, when they decide to take a leak outside St Matthew's.