It Must be Marching Season

Started by Nally Stand, June 27, 2011, 11:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

michaelg

Quote from: red hander on July 18, 2013, 08:00:52 PM
Quote from: michaelg on July 18, 2013, 05:59:55 PM
Quote from: red hander on July 18, 2013, 04:44:06 PM
Hopefully what we're witnessing is the last bark of a dying loyalist dog whose death rattle will follow a couple of years down the line (or sooner, hopefully). They'd be foolish to ignore attitudes in Britain (a place they claim loyalty to). Lot of people over there thought whole thing was settled only there's nothing more guaranteed to turn the average Brit against them than that. Time for nationalism to trumpet to the 'mainland' what their failed statelet in Ireland is costing them in taxes
People in Britain don't give a f**k - Not even about what "their failed statelet in Ireland is costing them in taxes".  The Conservative Party, in particular, don't seem to mind bankrolling Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

You're obviously not a Daily Mail reader. It's their house rag ... and it minds very much
It (The Daily Mail) may mind, but the Conservative Party does not

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Franko on July 18, 2013, 04:14:23 PM
Evil Genius and Myles NaGabshite have also been abnormally quiet recently.  ::)
What would you have me say, Wanko?

JUst retired

Just give us your considered opinion on the stupid decisions taken by the OO in the last 2 mths. :o

Franko

Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 18, 2013, 11:26:19 PM

You've never required my assistance to spout on here before.  I just find it odd that you and your partner in crime become decidedly less opinionated when the PUL brigade step out of line.  Surely you have some sort of an opinion on this issue?  ::)

Rossfan

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 18, 2013, 05:34:29 PM
Could the Shinners or SDLP not have called for one of those petitions of concern as used by the DUP's recently?[/b]

But in this case there would have been no value in a PoC anyway, would there? They passed a motion (no sniggering at the back!) -

[/quote]
A bit like when Leitrim Co Council passed a Motion declaring Leitrim a "Nuclear Free Zone"  ;D ::)
However SF/SDLP should have gone for a petition in this case just to show the Unionist sheep that they can and that this was a waste of time and taxpayers money.
If not they should simply have not turned up at all and left the Unionist sheep to baa away to themselves at the Orange Order's behest.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

brokencrossbar1

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/marsden-man-henry-bailiff-sacked-5134573

Not sure if this has been posted but thought it was a wee bit  ;D ;D ;D

QuoteA man has been sacked after posting an alleged racist rant against Catholics on Facebook.

Henry Bailiff, a Protestant Loyalist from Glasgow, raged against Catholics and the Peace Process in Northern Ireland.

Writing last Friday, the Glorious Twelfth or Orangeman's Day – the day which celebrates the Protestant William of Orange's victory over the Catholic King James II at the Battle of the Boyne in 1690 – Mr Bailiff urged Loyalists to "take up arms" and "murder (and) slaughter the innocent".

Married father-of-one Mr Bailiff, 50, of Marsden, worked for Longwood-based Yorkshire Hoist Ltd.

The company was named as his employer on his Facebook page and the firm was inundated with complaints after a screen grab of the post was circulated.

The Examiner understands the firm received at least 10 complaints.

The company moved immediately to condemn the remarks and terminated his contract on Monday.

Mr Bailiff, a supervisor with the firm, said he posted the comments after he had been drinking.

Mr Bailiff has also been reported to West Yorkshire Police for allegedly inciting racial hatred and sending a malicious communication.

One of those who complained, a Catholic man from London, told the Examiner he was shocked at the remarks and the timing of them.

He added: "There are a few nasty people on the internet but these remarks were diabolical.

"This man is not from Northern Ireland. He's from Glasgow and lives in England.

"My family and friends have all been through (the Troubles) and we don't need people stirring things. It could encourage people to go out and start rioting."

Mr Bailiff's post says: "Enough is enough. Peaceful marches and protests just don't work. IRA and Sinn Fein are where they are today accepted by government because of the peace agreement.

"So every Loyalist lets take up arms lets murder slaughter the innocent let them call us what they want.

"We just might get accepted if we agree to peace, they might even set up Protestant Long Kesh museum.

"They might give European aid. Who says the bomb and gun don't make a difference?"

Long Kesh is a name given to the Maze Prison blocks where paramilitary prisoners were housed during the Troubles.

Mr Bailiff said he had been forwarded the original post and cut and pasted it on the Protestant Coalition page on Facebook. It then appeared on the timeline on his own page.

He said he had been drinking at the time and now recognised what he said was wrong.

He has apologised to those he offended and said he had since been hounded on Facebook and has since been forced to close his account.

Mr Bailiff confirmed he had been sacked and added: "It was stupid, immature and childish and, believe me, I am regretting it now.

"It was frightening what was happening on my Facebook page and I am really fearing for my family."

Mr Bailiff said he grew up in Glasgow but left in 1990 and was no longer involved in sectarian campaigning.

The marching season in Belfast exploded into rioting last weekend when 32 police officers were hurt in clashes, forcing hundreds of officers to be sent over from Britain.

The violence erupted after Loyalists protested against a ban on north Belfast Orangemen returning via their traditional route from the main celebration in the city of King William of Orange's victory.

deiseach

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on July 19, 2013, 12:23:35 PM
"It was frightening what was happening on my Facebook page and I am really fearing for my family."

LeoMc

http://www.examiner.co.uk/news/west-yorkshire-news/marsden-man-henry-bailiff-sacked-5134573

Why can our police force not do the same thing here. The LAD page has pulled enough screenshots of some of the more extreme anti Catholic bile on there to keep the Courts busy.

Myles Na G.

Quote from: Franko on July 19, 2013, 08:45:42 AM

You've never required my assistance to spout on here before.  I just find it odd that you and your partner in crime become decidedly less opinionated when the PUL brigade step out of line.  Surely you have some sort of an opinion on this issue?  ::)
I try to avoid stating the obvious whenever possible. For most people, the recent behaviour of the Orange Order and bandsmen and hangers on in north Belfast has been so obviously wrong, that it almost seems silly - especially for someone from a nationalist background - to say 'that's wrong'. But if it helps you, I think it's wrong.

Franko

Quote from: Myles Na G. on July 19, 2013, 12:46:56 PM
Quote from: Franko on July 19, 2013, 08:45:42 AM

I try to avoid stating the obvious whenever possible. For most people, the recent behaviour of the Orange Order and bandsmen and hangers on in north Belfast has been so obviously wrong, that it almost seems silly - especially for someone from a nationalist background - to say 'that's wrong'. But if it helps you, I think it's wrong.

With all due respect, that's a load of tosh.  If the Nationalists were rioting in the Falls/Short Strand/anywhere else - you and your crony would be all over it like a rash, criticising everone from Gerry Adams to the Pope for their poor leadership or some other such nonsense.  IMO of course.  ;)

Do you have any issue with the fact that the political leaders of Unionism, whilst not overtly condoning what's going on, are giving it tacit approval through things like Tuesday's assembly motion?

Hardy

Counsel is leading the witness.

Franko

I suppose that's really my point - it's not often that this particular witness needs to be led.

All of a Sludden

Quote from: Hardy on July 19, 2013, 01:45:03 PM
Counsel is leading the witness.

The witness is all too easily led.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

omagh_gael

I was reading a local East Belfast community paper today (don't ask) and noticed this thank you advert. Had to laugh at the figure raised.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: LeoMc on July 19, 2013, 12:46:32 PM

Why can our police force not do the same thing here. The LAD page has pulled enough screenshots of some of the more extreme anti Catholic bile on there to keep the Courts busy.
Is anyone registering formal complaints with the peelers though?