It Must be Marching Season

Started by Nally Stand, June 27, 2011, 11:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: BennyCake on July 15, 2013, 07:43:00 PM
If there was an anti-Jewish organisation, how long it would exist for? The OO essentially an anti-catholic organisation (hiding behind the religion banner), and should not be allowed to exist either. Theres your marching issues sorted out in a second.
They have to come up with a new identity . Queen and protestant and the somme and none of them are of much relevance any more. Throw in economic decline and it is very messy.

The great lottery of life is not so kind to  those born working class protestant in NI. And their middle class pols mostly let them down.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Minder

Quote from: seafoid on July 15, 2013, 09:56:17 PM
If there was an anti-Jewish organisation, how long it would exist for? The OO essentially an anti-catholic organisation (hiding behind the religion banner), and should not be allowed to exist either. Theres your marching issues sorted out in a second.
They have to come up with a new identity . Queen and protestant and the somme and none of them are of much relevance any more. Throw in economic decline and it is very messy.

The great lottery of life is not so kind to  those born working class protestant in NI. And their middle class pols mostly let them down.

How is it any worse for the prods, it's a myth that they keep repeating to get money pumped into the areas that folks like Winkie Irvine and his ilk hoover up
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Wildweasel74

A fair number of bands would have uda/uvf  banners although discretely (in theory) especially round belfast and the surrounding outskirts and a fair number would just be normal bands alot linked to the orange order and local churches etc. I know some in a local band, and that be through the church. I think all bands apply for the designated parade. Some bands from Scotland would be the worst offenders in their sectarian Nature. There be bands in belfast and other areas with a number of uda hoods in there ranks, they not hard to pick out. Know a few lads at work in the orange order, they lie low this time of year with embarrassment. They say themselves the number of scumbags and hanger on following the bands on a days drinking session is a serious problem, but none dare speak out against them (out of fear)

michaelg

Quote from: seafoid on July 15, 2013, 09:56:17 PM

Who are you referring to as "They"?  The OO or Ulster Protestants in general? 

AQMP

Quote from: Orior on July 15, 2013, 09:17:39 PM
You all should stop calling them loyalists, and start calling them british terrorists.

Or do what the BBC does and try to avoid referring to them as loyalists at all.  I watched the BBC News from London on Sunday night and if you weren't from here until about 3/4 of the way through their report it was difficult to know who was actually rioting

armaghniac

QuoteThe OO or Ulster Protestants in general? 

"Ulster" Protestants in general. Basing your identify around a failed 17th century ethnic cleansing project does not bode well for the future. 
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trileacman

Quote from: AQMP on July 15, 2013, 11:18:28 PM
Quote from: Orior on July 15, 2013, 09:17:39 PM
You all should stop calling them loyalists, and start calling them british terrorists.

Or do what the BBC does and try to avoid referring to them as loyalists at all.  I watched the BBC News from London on Sunday night and if you weren't from here until about 3/4 of the way through their report it was difficult to know who was actually rioting

Noticed that. It's always "riots after the 12th" with no word of who's rioting.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Syferus

Who ever the eedjit was that threw a pipe-bomb over from the nationalist side should be arrested for sheer stupidity on top of being a vile lunatic. The very best thing nationalists could do was sit peacefully by and let the loyalists make fools of themselves. Giving them any stick to beat the other side with will allow them to play the 'sure they're just as bad' card in the media.

A lad from Belfast by me took the week off and is spending it at his lovely Roscommon holiday home. Do many schedule their holidays to avoid this shite?

Eamonnca1

Quote from: thewobbler on July 14, 2013, 11:30:27 AM
... I can't help get the feeling the same men would quite happily march down Protestant streets to prove how Irish they are.

Boys o boys.  I've read some trash in my time but that just takes the biscuit.  Are you serious? Ramming parades through areas where they're not welcome is not something that goes on on both sides, it's an exclusively loyalist trait.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Syferus on July 15, 2013, 11:43:24 PM
Who ever the eedjit was that threw a pipe-bomb over from the nationalist side should be arrested for sheer stupidity on top of being a vile lunatic. The very best thing nationalists could do was sit peacefully by and let the loyalists make fools of themselves. Giving them any stick to beat the other side with will allow them to play the 'sure they're just as bad' card in the media.

A lad from Belfast by me took the week off and is spending it at his lovely Roscommon holiday home. Do many schedule their holidays to avoid this shite?
Most would rather be trampled over by an Orange parade than spend a week in Roscommon  ;)

Syferus

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 16, 2013, 12:50:34 AM
Quote from: Syferus on July 15, 2013, 11:43:24 PM

Most would rather be trampled over by an Orange parade than spend a week in Roscommon  ;)

I'd bet there's not too many tourists who would feel the same.

BennyCake

Just a thought... What is the loyalists idea of this shared future? That all their marches go 100% in their favour? Because it seems to me that even if one march is banned/restricted, their "culture" is being eroded, and that can't be seen as a shared future, in their eyes. It really is laughable.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

I forwaded all the videos, tv reports and pictures onto my mate in Australia of Ulster-Scot ancestory, very much a British-empire type. Always takes the Brits side and sees the Irish as a bit backwards. She saw these and sent me a text that they the OO were barbaric scum and she could never understand why I got so emotional about Irish history but she may have been wrong if her ancestors were anywhere like those folk.
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Eamonnca1

Just listened to Susan McKay's interview on Newstalk. Always good to listen to.