It Must be Marching Season

Started by Nally Stand, June 27, 2011, 11:27:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

They're losing ground ( mostly in their minds ).

So they're getting more and more defiant but dont realise that they're making a rod for their own backs.

The funniest thing was a Reverend issuing threats last night. He's supposed to be one of the moore moderate people.

Wildweasel74

orangeman , they were taking offense at your beloved Armagh team in coleraine last nite burning your flag,

ziggysego

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on July 12, 2013, 11:31:38 AM
orangeman , they were taking offense at your beloved Armagh team in coleraine last nite burning your flag,

A lot of Tyrone men see no problem with that Wildweasel ;)
Testing Accessibility

omagh_gael

Do all these bonfires get government grants? Surely any bonfire that contains offence material should have any funding stopped.

theticklemister

First ever time I'm not in Londonderry for the 12th. This being such a great year where our city holds the biggest parade and us being the UK city of culture. Of all the years to f**king miss it. In the words of the SDLP man Martin Bradley...

..........Chair of Culture Company 2013, Martin Bradley said it is fitting that Derry would host the Order's flagship parade.

"It's fantastic that as Derry-Londonderry glories in its status as UK City of Culture the city is playing host to an extensive programme of Orange Order events.

"Given that 2013 is such landmark year for the city, marking as it does the 400th anniversary of the granting of the city charter and the building of the city walls, it's particularly fitting that Derry-Londonderry will be the location for key elements of the Orange Order's flagship celebrations."

93-DY-SAM

Culture me hole. Since when did culture involve burning the flag of any country and mocking another religion. And somehow in their sick little twisted minds they think this culture equates to the GAA, Irish arts and music and the Irish language.

As regards that imagine of Fr Matt Wallace I genuine hope that's a fake. As sick as that would be if its real words completly fail me.

muppet

Ziggy: don't get too sick, that is the Ivory Coast flag! The effigy could be of Drogba.

Question: Would any of yous bies cross one of these parades without a Marshall or anyone else guiding you?
MWWSI 2017

Wildweasel74

playing the sash outside the chapel this morning, bunch halfwits, just gave the parades commission ban on the return parade justification. Parade will be banned for good after that display. Like i said, IF they had a 3 digit IQ they might be dangerous

Rois

I was driving through Belfast at 9.30am, more police and emergency vehicles on the road than normal cars. Smoking remnants of bonfires near Linfield, west link blocked by police at Cliften St, fiancé blocked from entering Lisburn and was advised to go back into Belfast to go on motorway to be able to get to Lurgan. This is a hateful hateful bank holiday and I begrudge being forced to take it.

Shamrock Shore

12 July always depresses me when I see the level that some people stoop to in the name of "culture and tradition".

Culture and tradition my arse  >:(

Santino

Ziggy, apparently it's actually an effigy of Gerry Kelly being hung, not that it's any better

red hander

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 12, 2013, 09:05:25 AM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on July 12, 2013, 08:59:49 AM
Happy 12th July to our Northern brethren

You will forgive me if I hope it rains for the next 72 hours Ap Nart.
My granny was always of the opinion that a good scorching day was "better" medicine for a long march in a suit and bowler hat or carrying a Lambeg drum.

Aye, and more conducive for one or two of the older bigots to overheat and cowp with a coronary

T Fearon

I bet Gerry hanging there unsupported in mid air is longing for a Police land rover to hang on to.

Distasteful as this day is,does anyone else share my opinion that if these parades were completely ignored by the catholic/ nationalist population,the orange order itself would fizzle out comparatively shortly.

muppet

Quote from: T Fearon on July 12, 2013, 04:31:59 PM
I bet Gerry hanging there unsupported in mid air is longing for a Police land rover to hang on to.

Distasteful as this day is,does anyone else share my opinion that if these parades were completely ignored by the catholic/ nationalist population,the orange order itself would fizzle out comparatively shortly.

Possibly, as long as the OO weren't allowed to make them impossible to ignore.

Are the bonfires official, or are they randomly constructed by the local brains trust?
MWWSI 2017

Wildweasel74

naw, wont happen, they go bigger and all out to offend as much as possible, and then they wonder why a majority of the north woudlnt play for their football team, oh i wonder why,