More FAI Incompetence

Started by David McKeown, October 08, 2010, 02:16:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

Im heading down to the Russia game and I thought I would ask my mates if they fancied it.  Long story short, one decided he wanted to go to this game only and another two decided they wanted season tickets.  As a result I was able to get a spare ticket for tonights game from my cousin and thought the season tickets would just be a formality.

So I tried phoning all week to order the season tickets as my job is more flexible for doing that than theirs.  After getting a voicemail message all week, which I consistently asked to ring me back I finally managed to get through to day but was told I was too late to buy any season tickets for tonight but that I could order a 6 match season ticket from next Monday.  I was a little miffed at this as I had been trying to get tickets all week but thought ok.  I then asked were there tickets still available for tonights game and was assured, yes there are but only as a double pack with the Norway game.  I then asked if I ordered them could I order a 5 game season ticket and they said no they weren't planning a 5 game season ticket so in effect I would have to buy 4 tickets instead of 2 for the Norway game.  What the FAI have in effect managed to do by not thinking the situation through is cost themselves 540 euro.  To me if I was in business and still had tickets available for tonight I would be doing anything I could to get rid of them not making it as awkward as possible for customers.  A 6 game package without the Russia game is a lot less appealing than the 7 game package.

In summation I am now going to have to try and source two tickets at the ground tonight of which the FAI will receive no additional income
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Banana Man

If you didn't laugh you would cry, that just takes the farce in FAI HQ to a new level

magpie seanie

If only everything in life was as consistent as the shitness of the FAI!

Hardy

The Carlsberg of f**k-up merchants.

thewobbler

Is it just me who found this very confusing? Not the FAI's decision, just the whole story?

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: thewobbler on October 08, 2010, 09:50:47 PM
Is it just me who found this very confusing? Not the FAI's decision, just the whole story?
Yes, I'd say it's just you
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

rosnarun

wwhy would any one want to go and see the norway game . its only a friendly isnt it .
then again why would any one want to see the fai team get humiliated against Russia either .
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

David McKeown

Just for an update. Managed to pick up two tickets from the FAI headquarters despite being told on the phone that wasn't possible. Tickets were for the North Stand. When we got in we were told seating was unreserved despite what the ticket said so we could sit anywhere. As a result ended up sitting near the two blocks of Russians, which made for a great atmosphere. Only problem was owing to kids standing on seats in the front row and some quite aggressive Russians in the row behind we were Up and down like a yo yo.

At the end of the game we were then physically prevented from leaving from any exit other than the one the Russians were leaving through and I was even at one stage pushed toward that exit by a steward. Given the number of people being forced through that exit and down the stairs I'd be surprised if no one was injured. The organization was a shambles last night I thought

Tony Baloney

Quote from: thewobbler on October 08, 2010, 09:50:47 PM
In summary - as he was asked to buy separate standalone tickets for the Norway game he only needed a 5 match season ticket for the raining games as a 6 match season ticket would include the Norway game. The ticket office were saying, even if you buy separate tickets for the Norway game we will still only sell you a 6 match season ticket. Thereby paying for the Norway match twice. Crazy situation.

Main Street

I can imagine how crazy that sounds.

You go to the off-license to buy a six pack on special offer, you ask the shop assistant to take one out and expect to be charged for 5 - only to be refused and told it's the 6 pack or nothing.
Absolutely disgraceful incompetence indeed  ::)

David McKeown

No I actually wanted tickets for all seven games. I was told the only way to do this was buy either 6 game season tickets and miss the Russia game or alternatively buy tickets for the Norway game twice so your anelergy is completely wrong

Main Street

What are you on about?
I was obviously replying to Tony's post where my analogy was appropriate enough.

haranguerer

Quote from: Main Street on October 09, 2010, 03:23:48 PM
What are you on about?
I was obviously replying to Tony's post where my analogy was appropriate enough.

No, its completely wrong.

He went in to buy a bud, but was told he could only buy it if he took a carlsberg as well. But he was already planning on buying a 6 pack of carleberg, and didnt want any more than that, so asked if he could split the 6 pack to just take 5 of them, but was told no...except in the drink analogy you could still drink all the beer. Its much more of a waste to be made take two tickets for one event for just yourself...

Main Street

I fear the effects of sampling copious amounts of alcohol have impaired your train of thought. ;D

Anyway in short, as it turned out, the package that was advertised on the window was not the same as the package that you could buy at the counter. The exact package deal that was advertised had changed but they neglected to say that in the advertisement.
In fact we don't know if that original package was actually honoured, as the shop had turned a deaf ear to anybody asking for it.

whiskeysteve

Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w