Admission Prices

Started by David McKeown, February 15, 2009, 10:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David McKeown

As I have previously commented on varying admission prices are a big bugbear of mine especially when they vary on a game by game basis in the league (no problem on them changing as you progress through the championship).  As a result I decided to start this topic to see what the years league is like for pricing.  Two weeks ago in Wexford I was charged €15 into the stand for the Wexford v Armagh game.  Last night for the Armagh v Laois game it was €12.  Whats it like in other counties and what are the concessions like.  I remember last year getting student rate into every national league game until the Armagh v Dublin where I was told in no uncertain terms that Central Council did not allow counties to offer student rates  ??? No idea why they had then for 5 or 6 games.  My favourite incident though was a McKenna cup game last year when my brother went to pay me in and said one adult and one student to which the man on the turnstyle responded that would be £5.  The guy behind me then says one adult please and the man on the turnstyle says £7 please.

Also where does the additional money go?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Jinxy

You're some man for the bugbears in fairness.  ;D
If you were any use you'd be playing.

gerry

10 sterling in omagh today for the terraces
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Tyrone Dreamer

If Armagh had a covered seated stand like Wexford you'd have been charged €15 into it too. Pretty sure its €15 into covered stand and €12 into terrace in all cases.

David McKeown

Quote from: Jinxy on February 15, 2009, 10:56:36 PM
You're some man for the bugbears in fairness.  ;D

True in fairness especially after a defeat.
Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on February 15, 2009, 11:01:07 PM
If Armagh had a covered seated stand like Wexford you'd have been charged €15 into it too. Pretty sure its €15 into covered stand and €12 into terrace in all cases.

Is that set by central council or an individual county basis?  It was €12 into the uncovered stand last night just for clarification
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

TORGAEL

It was £10 [ 12 euro ] into the stand at Pairc Esler on saturday night.

Lazer

And it was £8 into the terraces in Pairc Esler on Saturday night
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

SidelineKick

£10 at Ballinascreen, £4 student rate  ;D
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

cavan4ever

€12 into stand and €10 the tereace in Breffini for those of us looking for punishment.