Meath vs Dublin - Leinster final - the day before the fair.

Started by thejuice, June 09, 2019, 11:42:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

meathie

Quote from: thejuice on June 09, 2019, 11:42:42 PM
Are Dublin any use this year?

Havent heard much about them tbh....Think they've a few decent players there...though Id say Meath have this won in the bag...

From the Bunker

Ye could bring back Big Joe! He was good at getting ye ''over the line'' in the past in Leinster Finals.

thejuice

I can already feel my heart overtaking my head with blind optimism and it's only a day after the semi! I'll be betting on us winning Sam by Friday next week at this rate!
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

rrhf

What happened yesterday was a disgrace. Yer man fell across
The goal line with the ball and was called back for a penalty.. I've seen them given... ;D
Menton v Fenton should be a good tussle...

TheGreatest

Quote from: rrhf on June 10, 2019, 03:51:36 PM
The goal line with the ball and was called back for a penalty.. I've seen them given... ;D

Menton was very impressive yesterday.

Blowitupref

Quote from: rrhf on June 10, 2019, 03:51:36 PM
A tussle that rhymes. Two big powerful athletic footballers should be a good tussle alright.

I think in this final Meath will show why they are the 2nd best in Leinster now, can't see them winning but i expect a good competitive contest.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

seafoid

Leinster is like the French football Ligue 1 starring the Dubs as PSG

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Dinny Breen

Meath Laois was pedestrian football. Can't see them losing by less than 12-15. 
#newbridgeornowhere

Rossfan

Quote from: seafoid on June 10, 2019, 05:13:50 PM
Leinster is like the French football Ligue 1 starring the Dubs as PSG
At least soccer teams have to play half their games on opponent's home grounds.

(More mean spiritedness)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Hound

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 10, 2019, 06:11:48 PM
They'll need 4 goals to be competitive. Unless they're much better than they showed v Laois.

Even Menton, who scored 2 superb goals, was otherwise well beaten in the midfield battle.

They do have some good footballers and the defenders got stuck in, but need more to bring it all together.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Hound on June 10, 2019, 07:09:40 PM
They’ll need 4 goals to be competitive. Unless they’re much better than they showed v Laois.

Even Menton, who scored 2 superb goals, was otherwise well beaten in the midfield battle.

They do have some good footballers and the defenders got stuck in, but need more to bring it all together.

What in your view is competitive? to me to get within 5 to 8 points of Dublin.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Hound

Quote from: Blowitupref on June 10, 2019, 07:28:59 PM
Quote from: Hound on June 10, 2019, 07:09:40 PM
They'll need 4 goals to be competitive. Unless they're much better than they showed v Laois.

What in your view is competitive? to me to get within 5 to 8 points of Dublin.
To have a chance of winning. Not impossible, but unlikely Dublin would win by 5-8 if Meath got 4 goals!

Wildweasel74

Dunlin by 10 or 12; only if Meath put it up to them for 50 odd mins