Fine example to be setting

Started by Declan, December 05, 2006, 06:09:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

Leading Meath inter-county referee Seamus McCormack has received a four-month ban for abusing a fellow official.

The suspension was handed down to the top football ref after he vented his ire at the performance of a referee during an under 17 game in which his son was playing for Walterstown.

The Walterstown clubman first came to prominence as a referee in 1995 when he took charge of the Leinster minor final three-game saga between Westmeath and Laois. He has refereed a number of high-profile fixtures since then, including the 2003 Leinster senior final between Laois and Kildare.

lynchbhoy

LMAO

this ersehole is not fit to be described as a ref

he brings in his bias against clubs (and prob counties too) to influence his decisions and how he officiates games

to see he is abusing a 'fellow' referee shows the scant respect he has for the position.

had him ref us numerous occasions, each time this guy was a disgrace

Uladh

Couldn't agree more, the little hitler

ONeill

Couldn't believe my ears when I heard this on the wireless yesterday. The man should never officiate again.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

An Dun Deal

Couldn't believe it myself - would he be the first such 'high profile' referee to receive a ban for abuse or otherwise?

TORGAEL

Its people like this who give decent referees a bad name. Surely this guy wouldnt be allowed to referee at any significant level again ? He's certainly made a rod for his own back if he does !

Shamrock Shore

I think Longford's finest, Eugene Murtagh, led the way on this one.

6 month's ban 2 years ago for referee abuse.

He's back reffing alll the same now  ::)

Billys Boots

QuoteHe's back reffing alll the same now 

You forgot to mention at intercounty level.

Oh, and his offence was assaulting a fellow referee, in the shower - I kid you not!  ::)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...