Started by Fuzzman, July 14, 2018, 04:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longballin

Quote from: Throw ball on July 14, 2018, 06:16:27 PM
Quote from: longballin on July 14, 2018, 06:01:29 PM
Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 14, 2018, 05:55:53 PM
Quote from: Throw ball on July 14, 2018, 05:49:55 PM
Tyrone should be banned from live tv...

Get a life so, why put your sanctimonious self through this purgatory! How many scores constitutes purity of spectacle, in your holy book, incidentally?

county football is at a very low ebb despite the GAA attempts to hype the Super 8... crowds are reflecting that. World Cup much better viewing even Wimbeldon is and of course hurling on a whole different plateau. Not Tyrone's fault whole thing is poor viewing with very very occasional decent game.

The problem is that Tyrone are not the only team that play that way. They just do it better than most of the others.

I also find it amazing that you are not allowed to say you do not like the way a team plays without getting personal abuse. I thought this was a football discussion thread . Can someone give me a reason why this is good to watch for neutrals. Roscommon giving up obviously doesn't help

aye Roscommon are dire but when you can hear the players calling for the ball in an All Ireland quarter final... hardly enthralling. True say anything about the state of football and you are subject to abuse. Sooner club championship starts the better.

Over the Bar

Get a life so, why put your sanctimonious self through this purgatory! How many scores constitutes purity of spectacle, in your holy book, incidentally?

county football is at a very low ebb despite the GAA attempts to hype the Super 8... crowds are reflecting that. World Cup much better viewing even Wimbeldon is and of course hurling on a whole different plateau. Not Tyrone's fault whole thing is poor viewing with very very occasional decent game.

The problem is that Tyrone are not the only team that play that way. They just do it better than most of the others.

I also find it amazing that you are not allowed to say you do not like the way a team plays without getting personal abuse. I thought this was a football discussion thread . Can someone give me a reason why this is good to watch for neutrals. Roscommon giving up obviously doesn't help

You're not getting personal abuse.  You're opinion that a team who rack up a score of 2-18 in 55 mins put on a poor spectacle for neutrals is one of the stupidest comments I've read on this board and tells me that you masturbate far, far too much.   Probably 2-3 times a day. That is MY opinion.

longballin

Quote from: Over the Bar on July 14, 2018, 06:24:17 PM

You're not getting personal abuse.  You're opinion that a team who rack up a score of 2-18 in 55 mins put on a poor spectacle for neutrals is one of the stupidest comments I've read on this board and tells me that you masturbate far, far too much.   Probably 2-3 times a day. That is MY opinion.

you have quite an obsession with mastrabation... get a girlfriend or boyfriend...

Franko

I'm almost certain that I heard one particularly idiotic Roscommon fan describe this as the grudge match of the year.  ;D

Tyrone haven't got out of second gear.

Schkite

After seeing a number of people giving Roscommon a real chance of getting something here, I was expecting alot more. They've been absolutely terrible.

You can bet the Dubs - Tyrone game will be hyped up alot more now,  but it's hard to read a whole lot into this. Hasn't been a contest in a long time.

Over the Bar

Quote from: longballin on July 14, 2018, 06:26:05 PM

you have quite an obsession with mastrabation... get a girlfriend or boyfriend...

Get a dictionary...

Fear ón Srath Bán

The Rossies have abandoned all pretences at a defence it would seem -- grudge match my arse.

seafoid, up yours, Uladh: 1, Connacht: 0

Bring on da Dubs :D
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

longballin

Looks like Donegal - Tyrone will be huge game to decide second place. Can't see either beating Dublin. Give Tyrone a big chance of beating Donegal with McBrearty out claws back their home advantage a bit 

longballin

Quote from: Over the Bar on July 14, 2018, 06:29:44 PM

Get a dictionary...

as I said seems to be ure field of expertise  :D

red hander

nrico2006

Tyrone should be banned from live tv. They are highly effective but destroy the game as a spectacle. Tyrone people won't care but it is bad for football in long run IMHO. Last week for example it was incredible how many left straight after the first match before the second even started . In years gone by they would have stayed to at least half time.
Surely its Roscommon you should be slating.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

cavanmaniac

Roscommon are very far from breaking through to the top table on this showing. They look like a team in croke park for the first time in 20 years, not a side hovering around the fringes like they have been for quite some time. It seems they have already reached their maximum.

charlieTully

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 14, 2018, 06:38:15 PM
Tyrone should be banned from live tv. They are highly effective but destroy the game as a spectacle. Tyrone people won't care but it is bad for football in long run IMHO. Last week for example it was incredible how many left straight after the first match before the second even started . In years gone by they would have stayed to at least half time.
Surely its Roscommon you should be slating.

+1

Solo_run

Quote from: Over the Bar on July 14, 2018, 06:29:44 PM

Get a dictionary...

;D

trueblue1234

Game over a long time ago. I'm sure Roscommon fans will be gutted at the extent of the defeat and I'd feel for then as we were all unsure where the teams were at before this. Unfortunately I think it's still hard to see where Tyrone are at as RC were that poor.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit