GAA Response to Coronavirus

Started by screenexile, March 12, 2020, 12:10:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedHand88

Quote from: Rossfan on October 05, 2020, 02:23:07 PM
Stewards would have been able to sort out the Johnny Thickasses if there were clear instructions given to Co Boards, Clubs etc with the game geting called off if distancing wasn't observed.
Basic things like taping off rows etc wouldnt have been too difficult.
We now have the nuclear option if all out.
They may as well cancel the County games too.

But what if the Jonny thickasses are the stewards?

BennyCake

I've seen people sat at matches from three or four different households, and I've seen cars heading to matches with people from various houses.

That's the problem. Not the GAA, county boards or stewards.

J70

Quote from: Smokin Joe on October 05, 2020, 01:14:48 PM
All club games suspended across the island with immediate effect, but training can continue.

"The GAA's Management Committee has today endorsed a decision to suspend all GAA Club games ​at all levels with immediate effect ​and until further notice. 

The decision has been taken in the interest of public safety following a number of incidents that have been brought to our attention in recent days. ​In particular, post-match celebrations and a lack of social distancing at certain events have proved disappointing and problematic.

This directive applies to all ages and all grades across the island. 

Club Social Centres / bars are also to close.

​Training will continue to be permitted as per the guidelines outlined for the relevant levels in the Government's National Framework for Living with Covid 19 and relevant guidelines in the Six Counties.

The GAA will continue to monitor the situation in the ​coming days and weeks, regarding changes in government guidelines, before liaising with our units accordingly. 

The Association would also like to acknowledge all of those units who have worked diligently in complying with the public health advice around the staging of our games and training sessions since activity resumed. 

More than ever, we ask that you continue with this approach where training sessions for your players is continuing."

Donegal county board have told clubs to cease training.

Sportacus

Quote from: J70 on October 05, 2020, 02:41:23 PM
Quote from: Smokin Joe on October 05, 2020, 01:14:48 PM
All club games suspended across the island with immediate effect, but training can continue.

"The GAA's Management Committee has today endorsed a decision to suspend all GAA Club games ​at all levels with immediate effect ​and until further notice. 

The decision has been taken in the interest of public safety following a number of incidents that have been brought to our attention in recent days. ​In particular, post-match celebrations and a lack of social distancing at certain events have proved disappointing and problematic.

This directive applies to all ages and all grades across the island. 

Club Social Centres / bars are also to close.

​Training will continue to be permitted as per the guidelines outlined for the relevant levels in the Government's National Framework for Living with Covid 19 and relevant guidelines in the Six Counties.

The GAA will continue to monitor the situation in the ​coming days and weeks, regarding changes in government guidelines, before liaising with our units accordingly. 

The Association would also like to acknowledge all of those units who have worked diligently in complying with the public health advice around the staging of our games and training sessions since activity resumed. 

More than ever, we ask that you continue with this approach where training sessions for your players is continuing."

Donegal county board have told clubs to cease training.
That's helpful, save Committees wondering about it. Confusing now for other sports like soccer.  Kids don't know whether they are coming or going.

rodney trotter

Quote from: BennyCake on October 05, 2020, 02:34:43 PM
I've seen people sat at matches from three or four different households, and I've seen cars heading to matches with people from various houses.

The steward's have a duty to do something, that's why they are there. They didn't to much at the game in Meath yesterday, fans all huddled together.

The supporters should be responsible too, but probaly be all in excitement attending a final..

Baile Brigín 2

Have the GAA basically given up and accepted the units will not play ball and waited till the PR became unacceptable? Or do they know something we don't?

Farrandeelin

I was lucky enough to get a ticket to the Mayo final this year. All the fans were across from the stand. Not all were social distancing, I think I was 2 metres away from the nearest person at the game.

I'll put my hand up and admit to being on the pitch afterwards too and I understand how angry you all may be at my actions when celebrating the win.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

APM

Quote from: magpie seanie on October 05, 2020, 02:06:02 PM
It's a shame that a lot of the good the GAA did by way of community work by clubs and the professional way returning to play was handled has been undermined by scenes at and outside grounds in the last few weeks. GAA should have handled it better but overall society has got way too complacent. Wouldn't have liked to be a GAA steward 3/4 weeks ago telling people to sit/stand apart.

Nail on the head!!

Stewarding today would be plain sailing compared to 3 weeks back when there was more complacency.  Mind you, I can think of plenty of individuals who I wouldn't like to steward or encourage to wear a mask.   

armaghniac

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 05, 2020, 02:59:25 PM

The steward's have a duty to do something, that's why they are there. They didn't to much at the game in Meath yesterday, fans all huddled together.

The supporters should be responsible too, but probaly be all in excitement attending a final..

The organisers are responsible, print the seat numbers on the tickets and record who is supposed to be in each seat. Then you can control the seating and have a contact tracing database as well. Allow two adults and two children buy tickets together. You need a good plan, and then the stewards can implement that.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

gallsman

Individual and management accountability sorely lacking across the entire landscape. Dungarvan taking a bit of a hammering and rightly so. Intermediate county final yesterday. Goalkeeper was awaiting the results of a test and played, having been encouraged to do so by management. They won, everyone on the piss, his result came back positive.

Cavan19

Quote from: rodney trotter on October 05, 2020, 02:59:25 PM

The stewards don't give a hoot they are more interested in watching the game than anything else.

Have these tickets been allocated to the thickest people in society and i'm not having a go at Meath either its going on all over the country.

APM

I'm actually surprised that there is not more people coming on here and defending the breaches of social distancing.  Because at community level in the North there is still serious complacency and worse, cynicism about the guidelines, despite the large numbers of cases being report. 

J70

Quote from: gallsman on October 05, 2020, 03:26:54 PM
Individual and management accountability sorely lacking across the entire landscape. Dungarvan taking a bit of a hammering and rightly so. Intermediate county final yesterday. Goalkeeper was awaiting the results of a test and played, having been encouraged to do so by management. They won, everyone on the piss, his result came back positive.

Seriously??

screenexile

Have the GAA jumped the gun on this one now the government are only introducing level 3??

Eire90

im hearing national level 3 no level 5