Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maldini

Quote from: downjim on September 29, 2020, 10:13:52 AM
Does anyone know what protocol there is for remainder of league if a club is shut due to covid? Do they forfeit the match. At the minute I know that the Bridge and Saul are closed.Are there any others?

The rules are you've 72 hours to play the game, if you can't due to covid you forfeit the points

downjim

Anyone know if there is u21 football this season?

downjim

Quote from: maldini on September 30, 2020, 11:11:15 PM
Does anyone know what protocol there is for remainder of league if a club is shut due to covid? Do they forfeit the match. At the minute I know that the Bridge and Saul are closed.Are there any others?

The rules are you've 72 hours to play the game, if you can't due to covid you forfeit the points
thanks

Godsown

Quote from: downjim on October 01, 2020, 09:21:40 AM

thanks

Think they were championship rules but worth checking out

SamFever

What has gone on in Saul since their tremendous IFC win? The whole area and even further afield has a Covid line back to that Sunday.
I'm hearing they took a bus to the Final in Newry.

Godsown

Quote from: SamFever on October 01, 2020, 03:29:45 PM

What has gone on in Saul since their tremendous IFC win? The whole area and even further afield has a Covid line back to that Sunday.

Tittle tattle

SamFever

Quote from: Godsown on October 01, 2020, 04:41:35 PM

Tittle tattle
My tittle tattle person is rarely wrong

Smurfy123

I think Saul with hindsight realise getting on the bus was a mistake. Even if of was not passed on the bus it was a mistake to do it. They had a great run and shouldn't take away from a brilliant year.
Leagues are likely to drag on now with cases mounting in different clubs
The Down county board need to have a plan in place
Play or not

Downtothewire

Quote from: SamFever on October 01, 2020, 06:04:04 PM
Quote from: Godsown on October 01, 2020, 04:41:35 PM

The rules are you’ve 72 hours to play the game, if you can’t due to covid you forfeit the points

Tittle tattle
My tittle tattle person is rarely wrong

Surely someone was already infected before the bus trip or am I missing something

Targetman

Do Saul not have a doctor as part of the management?

imtommygunn

I had heard it stemmed from a bar there.

Smurfy123

Can't really say if it was from a bar a bus but it's happened
The bus should never have happened especially with so many asymptotic ones about
Unfortunate but as I said with hindsight the wouldn't do it again
Leagues to continue until November

maldini

Castlewellan conceded to Glenn earlier in the league due to covid
I'm sure Saul will do the same, their remaining games are pretty meaningless anyway
No need to drag this on to November
Quite sure the 72 hour rule applies to league as well anyway

thewobbler

You can't concede a league game, or you will start next season with a 2 point penalty.

The PHA can of course close a club down which overrules everyone.

Smurfy123

Yes Castlewellan forfeited earlier on in the year?
Also PHA closed down Downpatrick?
Maybe league roles were different than championship rules?