Leinster Championship (Proper)

Started by johnneycool, May 30, 2014, 01:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

They are our secret weapon. What could possibly go wrong?

Asal Mor

Quote from: AZOffaly on June 03, 2014, 11:19:11 AM
Quote from: Clarin Pearl on June 02, 2014, 10:02:37 AM
Laoislad, you should be gutted. We all follow enough teams to know what that feels like. Keep the head up.... season only getting going yet.

Galway were in a no win situation. There for the taking.

I won't write off Galway just yet. We'll wait to see who they get after the mauling from the cats. faithful.

Unusual for Galway, they didn't panic,read the game, took their time and sorted it out. They won't get that time against many other teams left in the championship.

Fixed that for you there.

;D

Asal Mor

Laoislad, you should be gutted. We all follow enough teams to know what that feels like. Keep the head up.... season only getting going yet.

I won't write off Galway just yet. We'll wait to see who they get after the mauling from the cats.

Unusual for Galway, they didn't panic,read the game, took their time and sorted it out. They won't get that time against many other teams left in the championship.

I always try to be optimistic about our hurlers too but it looks bleak after Sunday. As GBB pointed out we have one of the slowest attacks in inter-county history, and they were well beaten in the aeriel battle on Sunday as well. Even JC wouldn't get on a lot of county teams the way he's playing right now.

seafoid

Quote from: Asal Mor on June 03, 2014, 01:14:31 PM

I won't write off Galway just yet. We'll wait to see who they get after the mauling from the cats.

I always try to be optimistic about our hurlers too but it looks bleak after Sunday. As GBB pointed out we have one of the slowest attacks in inter-county history, and they were well beaten in the aeriel battle on Sunday as well. Even JC wouldn't get on a lot of county teams the way he's playing right now.
They got off to a slow enough start 2 years ago as well, Asal.
I don't mind as long as they are ready mid July  ;)

neilthemac

Would Offaly have got out of the round robin series? I doubt it

Kevin

Quote from: neilthemac on June 03, 2014, 10:21:38 PM
Would Offaly have got out of the round robin series? I doubt it

Perhaps not. We will not know now.

Don't be surprised if there is a decent battle on Saturday night.

seafoid

Leinster SHC quarter-final
1900 Kilkenny 2-17 Offaly 0-06

I can't wait until Kilkenny are shite again

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU3RHANKj2o

Tony Baloney

Wildweasel74

Decent Battle - this is a massacre. road crash TV at its best, don't know how Sky gonna talk this game up, the Ukraine was putting it up more to Russia earlier in the year than Offaly are to kilkenny here.

orangeman

Score of the day. Brian Carroll. Left foot kicked goal.

Dempsey in the Offaly goal MOM.

neilthemac

As I said, Offaly should have been in the round robin.

Zulu

Those defending the provincial championships need to think about it - farce.

maxpower

Seems unfair that Antrim topped the round robin and Laois finished well ahead of Offaly in div 1b yet both will be in round robin in 2015 will Offaly get another bye!

Especially given the performance Laois put in last week!
What happens next????

seafoid

Quote from: Zulu on June 07, 2014, 08:31:15 PM
Munster is much better
Ulster v competitive in fuball too

What would you do? Play champions league with the cats getting a bye to the semifinal ?
Offaly have serious structural issues but they'll be back at some stage. 

INDIANA

Quote from: seafoid on June 07, 2014, 09:10:44 PM
Quote from: Zulu on June 07, 2014, 08:31:15 PM
Munster is much better
Ulster v competitive in fuball too

What would you do? Play champions league with the cats getting a bye to the semifinal ?
Offaly have serious structural issues but they'll be back at some stage.

could be 50 years before they are back if the GAA dont take the bull by the borns and invest money in Offaly. Hurling cant afford to lose them