2011 u-21 hurling Championship

Started by spuds, June 08, 2011, 02:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reillers

Quote from: Minder on July 15, 2011, 09:00:08 PM
Didn't know Aidan Walsh was playing for Cork, he scored a great goal (Corks fourth).

Clare or Limerick in the final.

Absolutely delighted. Ya Walsh is an excellent hurler but football gets in the way like it did last year. Pity about Sheehan, would have played hadn't it been for the awful injury.

Finally though, while not getting carried away, at least, some sign of life in Cork yet. 

AZOffaly

Reillers

Tony Baloney

What was final score? Only seen first half and forgot to record the rest.

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 15, 2011, 11:33:02 PM

1-21 to 4-19 I think.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on July 15, 2011, 11:35:24 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 15, 2011, 11:33:02 PM

1-21 to 4-19 I think.
Cork forward line looked a handful in the first half so not surprised to see they onion bagged a few in the second half.

Sean3

Tipp backs just couldn't handle the Cork forwards throughout. Lehane, O'Sullivan and Farrell found space and were very fast and accurate. In contrast, the Cork backs were much tighter and only for Michael Wadding, Cork would have won much more comfortably.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on July 15, 2011, 10:20:38 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on July 15, 2011, 10:12:44 PM
Jaysus Reillers you are alive!

After last week....just about.

I've been waiting patiently for a response on this Reillers - http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=17988.msg983290#msg983290

You were saying something about Dublin and not being anywhere until they beat Cork or Galway

Could you get back to me on it?

Reillers

I
Quote from: heffo on July 16, 2011, 01:15:35 PM

I've been waiting patiently for a response on this Reillers - http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=17988.msg983290#msg983290

You were saying something about Dublin and not being anywhere until they beat Cork or Galway

Well. You seem to have a lot of time on your hands. Obviously I wasnt clear enough for you. You can't be under the illusion that the Galway team that Ye beat were anything but awful. When Dublin beat a top team that aren't still playing like their playing a League game then it will show us where they are really at.

Anyway its got nothing to do with this topic and no doubt your reply will involve you wumming and attempting to stir.

INDIANA

Thats the same galway team that hockeyed you Reillers.

The facts are Clare and Cork were sub standard. We'll see where Galway are at when they play Kilkenny.

Either way we're happy enough with our season so far. League champions, leinster u21 and minor champions. So its pretty much Miller Time for us.

Maybe we can measure Cork when they play Kilkenny later in the year?

Oh thats right - they wont be.

heffo

Quote from: Reillers on July 16, 2011, 01:37:27 PM
I
Quote from: heffo on July 16, 2011, 01:15:35 PM

Well. You seem to have a lot of time on your hands. Obviously I wasnt clear enough for you. You can't be under the illusion that the Galway team that Ye beat were anything but awful. When Dublin beat a top team that aren't still playing like their playing a League game then it will show us where they are really at.

Anyway its got nothing to do with this topic and no doubt your reply will involve you wumming and attempting to stir.

Reillersland can be summarised as follows:

f we beat a top team in the league, it doesn't matter as it's only the league and top teams don't care about the league - I'd hate to think how many scores KK would've put past ye that time they beat you by about 30 points if they did care.

If we beat a top team in the championship it's because they were poor, not because Dublin were stronger in the tackle & in the air, had a better first touch and set the tempo of the game

Dublin hurling is where it's at because they applied for funding, not because they have between 7-8k children between 8 & 16 playing every second week.

Is that a fair summary Reillers?

Finally congratulations to Cork on their fine win last night - Cork v Clare (who should beat Limerick) will be a good one

Frank Murphy will have to build on an extension with all these trophies Cork have won under his watch.

Reillers

I'm not spending any more time on this subject with "both" of you.

Cork also beat Tipp last year, it means nothing in the long run.

Galway didn't turn up against Dublin, they didn't even get on the bus, they were that bad. They got a kick up the ass and destroyed Cork, and deserved it.

Had the Galway team that played Cork showed that form against Dublin than we probably wouldn't be looking at the same results.

This has nothing to do with the Dublin team, or Galway, or Cork seniors for that matter. God forbid either of you give a team that has been falling just short of these results in the past finally come good.

If one of you (I'm sure you will somehow figure it out) are that desperate to whine about it, you can pm me.

INDIANA

Quote from: Reillers on July 16, 2011, 08:28:36 PM

Galway didn't turn up against Dublin, they didn't even get on the bus, they were that bad. They got a kick up the ass and destroyed Cork, and deserved it.

Had the Galway team that played Cork showed that form against Dublin than we probably wouldn't be looking at the same results.

This has nothing to do with the Dublin team, or Galway, or Cork seniors for that matter. God forbid either of you give a team that has been falling just short of these results in the past finally come good.

If one of you (I'm sure you will somehow figure it out) are that desperate to whine about it, you can pm me.

The facts are Reillers we beat Galway and you didnt. Whether they turned up, stayed on the bus, went on a pilgrimage , or went on the piss - the facts are we comfortably beat them.

We may/may not beat Limerick next weekend. But myself and Heffo sure as to hell wont be using the same excuses you do when it comes to Cork

heffo

No-one is whining Reillers - this is a discussion forum - it's very purpose is discussion.

There is no reality in Reillers-land, only a never ending sequence of if, buts, maybes, coulda's, shoulda's & woulda's.

Reillers

Quote from: INDIANA on July 17, 2011, 03:00:52 PM

The facts are Reillers we beat Galway and you didnt. Whether they turned up, stayed on the bus, went on a pilgrimage , or went on the piss - the facts are we comfortably beat them.

We may/may not beat Limerick next weekend. But myself and Heffo sure as to hell wont be using the same excuses you do when it comes to Cork

Cork also beat Tipp last season, Kilkenny didn't. Fact. It means nothing in the long run as it didn't reflect the true form of Tipp.

I have given Dublin a lot of praise (and still you moan) but like I said they need to beat a top team at the top of their game, to show where they really are, in my opinion.

Funny, last time I checked I said that we deserved to be hammered and Galway did really well.

Ya you're right, you wont have the same attitude when Dublin get beaten.

This has nothing to do with this topic though, so God knows why you and heffo (what a coincidence that yet again you've posted one after the other) are still whining at me weeks later.