Leinster hurling final - DUBLIN V Kilkenny

Started by orangeman, June 21, 2009, 05:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

orangeman

Congrats to Dublin. Hopefully they can keep at it and take KK in the final.

slow corner back

They made a serious effort to throw this game away today. A lot of scoreable chances missed by the dubs in the second half a lot missed by wexford too it must be said. Well done to the sub Lambert for steadying the ship with two good points when dublin were down to fourteen men at the finish. Dublins full back line were very strong in the last twenty minutes.

Bud Wiser

The amount of young lads around 12 - 14 yrs old fm Dublin that ran onto the pitch after the game was as good as Dub's winnin Leinster Final for me.  Good day for hurling. Dubs backs are terrific.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Zulu

QuoteHopefully they can keep at it and take KK in the final.

They haven't a hope I'm afraid.

orangeman

Quote from: Zulu on June 21, 2009, 07:55:12 PM

I reckon you're right but it would be nice all the same.

INDIANA

A great day for Dublin hurling today. Won't look like much to traditional counties but that was 10 years in the making today. It's 18 years since we beat a recognised hurling county in the championship. All the underage coaches, dublin colleges coaches, Tommy Naughton etc have all contributed to that result today.We've at least given ourselves  a foothold in the middle tier of hurling counties and hopefully there is more to come in the years ahead.
We played really well in the first half but stalled in the 2nd. Missing the likes of fallon and ross o carroll, liam ryan and then mc crabbe going off injured was a disaster. but they showed composure to see it home when down to 14 men. Over the moon today after all the hard work. Its a lot harder to break the glass ceiling in hurling than in football IMO.
Nothing to lose in the final and we're just looking for a performance and possibly a last 8 place. We've one in a hundred chances of beating kilkenny but we needed to get the monkey off our back today. Backs were outstanding today. forwards faded in the 2nd half but 4 of them are u21 and we really bar Dotsy lack experience up there.
Massive credit goes to Daly, he didn't have to take it and the commitment he's shown driving up and down from clare- watching the u21 and even the intermediate team playing mtaches has been exemplery. Can't thank him enough for the work he's done with this team.

INDIANA

Quote from: Zulu on June 21, 2009, 07:55:12 PM

We are aware of that. Hurling didn't start in Dublin 10 years ago contrary to opinion in some hurling counties.

The Real Laoislad

Congrats to Dublin today was delighted to see them win,I went to the game as I was down home for the weekend
While the hurling skills displayed in Nowlan Park was nowhere near the game in O'Connor Park last night I still think it's great that Dublin hurling is being rewarded for the effort they are putting in.It was great to see them invade the pitch at the end.
I will defiantly go and support the Dubs in the final,if they can stay within 6-7 points of KK it will be a good result for them IMHO..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Denn Forever

Brilliant to see and a good score so no one can say its a fluke.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Canalman

Absolutely delighted to finally get one over on our Bogey Team No 2 (Bogey Team no 1 awaits). Full value imo for win. Brady, Boland, Corcoran and young Gough were excellent.
Walked across pitch after game and was nice to see S Hiney signing autographs patiently for the kids.

A special mention to all the Wexford fans around us in the Stand who went out of their way to congratulate us and wish us well. Very humbling experience and one I will not forget.

Usual bottleneck in Castledermott on way home. Very strange weather, left Dublin in the pouring rain and was absolutely lovely in KK.

Think that Rushie and Carton need to improve on their display's today. Feel that we need Ro Fallon back (if fit/sharp) at centre back with Boland going out wingback to really improve the team.

Will go out on a limb here and say that WE WILL give the cats a right rattle in 2 weeks.

Btw.......E30 in was ott imo.

Gnevin

Quote from: Canalman on June 21, 2009, 09:02:38 PM
Absolutely delighted to finally get one over on our Bogey Team No 2 (Bogey Team no 1 awaits). Full value imo for win. Brady, Boland, Corcoran and young Gough were excellent.
Walked across pitch after game and was nice to see S Hiney signing autographs patiently for the kids.

A special mention to all the Wexford fans around us in the Stand who went out of their way to congratulate us and wish us well. Very humbling experience and one I will not forget.

Usual bottleneck in Castledermott on way home. Very strange weather, left Dublin in the pouring rain and was absolutely lovely in KK.

Think that Rushie and Carton need to improve on their display's today. Feel that we need Ro Fallon back (if fit/sharp) at centre back with Boland going out wingback to really improve the team.

Will go out on a limb here and say that WE WILL give the cats a right rattle in 2 weeks.

Btw.......E30 in was ott imo.
Why didn't you stand so.
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Gnevin

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on June 21, 2009, 08:51:13 PM
Congrats to Dublin today was delighted to see them win,I went to the game as I was down home for the weekend
While the hurling skills displayed in Nowlan Park was nowhere near the game in O'Connor Park last night I still think it's great that Dublin hurling is being rewarded for the effort they are putting in.It was great to see them invade the pitch at the end.
I will defiantly go and support the Dubs in the final,if they can stay within 6-7 points of KK it will be a good result for them IMHO..

:o :o
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

Canalman

G Nevin, was with sister and her family who had got the tickets. Was E20 in to the terrace anyway.

Were you there?

Farrandeelin

Delighted that Tomás Brady and Joey Boland (my first cousin) played well. I turned channel when Wexford got the goal and they had their dander up at that stage, I thought Dublin were going to fall short again. Hopefully they can keep up with KK at least, Joey reckons they're training to be as competitive as Kilkenny anyway. Here's hoping.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Gnevin

Quote from: Canalman on June 21, 2009, 09:22:58 PM
G Nevin, was with sister and her family who had got the tickets. Was E20 in to the terrace anyway.

Were you there?
Was working .