John Toal next to be banished from Armagh set-up.

Started by Over the Bar, December 13, 2006, 09:15:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Over the Bar

John Toal follows Aidan O'Rourke in venting his anger at being banished from the Armagh set-up without being consulted on the matter.  Both players were surprised to learn through the media that they had "retired" from inter-county football. 

Despite this attempt to force him off the panel Toal is hopeful of forcing his way back into the senior set-up and has been working hard on his fitness of late after suffering a horrendous injury in last year's Ulster SFC final drawn game.

"I have trained nearly every day for the past year-and-a-half, and I have no intention of retiring," he revealed.

"I'm still in the gym and I'm training nearly every night of the week. I have every intention of going back and playing for club and county."

Looks like  Armagh's PR dept could do with a shake up!   :-\

Kerry Mike

QuoteI have every intention of going back and playing for club and county

Paul Galvin is looking forward to Mr Tool's return as well.
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Spiritof98

I'll go back if Marsdens back

charlie linkbox

Would John Toal be a first choice midfielder anyway even if he got back to being fully fit or is he wasting his time?
Any Armagh folk enlighten me?

The Bottom Brick

QuoteMr Tool's return

Mr Tool? Ha ha ha that's brilliant!! Unbelievable!

Please Kerry Mike tell us another one! Don't stop!!! :D
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!

maddog

Quote from: charlie linkbox on December 13, 2006, 09:30:24 AM
Would John Toal be a first choice midfielder anyway even if he got back to being fully fit or is he wasting his time?
Any Armagh folk enlighten me?

Not for me he wouldn't. First choice partnership for me would be McGrane and Loughran (thats if Loughran was at his best). John Toal is a workhorse and a great trier but for me lacks the skill and vision required and is a poor passer of the ball, also he gets blocked down way to often imho. I can't fault the man for his dedication and commitment.

full back

I think that Toal & Loughran are similar types of players and it would be a toss-up between who would be first choice. It wouldnt be logical to play them at the same time

full back

Paul Galvin is looking forward to Mr Tool's return as well.

Jaysus Mike, you really are some craic. ::)
Did someone tell you that or did you make it up all by yourself

Uladh

Toal and Loughran couldn't be more different as players. Toal is a grafter who wins ball and moves it on, covers his defence, makes tackles and plays the game simply. Loughran is a luxury player. He fields infrequent spectacular high balls and breaks forward well but has no work rate. i guess its a case of what you're looking for from a midfielder.

lurganblue

this probably isnt a bad thing for toal. it means he gets to play more games for his club which should help his recovery. give him a year at playing club football and see how he gets on...

O'Rourke on the other hand should still be on the panel

full back

C'mon Uladh, arent you being a tad unfair on Loughran.
"He fields infrequent spectacular high balls" is a bit harsh.

maddog

Quote from: full back on December 13, 2006, 10:08:36 AM
C'mon Uladh, arent you being a tad unfair on Loughran.
"He fields infrequent spectacular high balls" is a bit harsh.

Harsh but probably fair, and often when he lands he is too easily dispossessed in the tackle.

Colonel Cool

I'm not Homer Simpson. That ship has sailed. I'm "Colonel Cool"!

full back

Maddog, it doesnt say much for Toal when you would have Loughran in front of him yet you are saying "Harsh but probably fair, and often when he lands he is too easily dispossessed in the tackle."

Colonel Cool if you dont like it stay out of it

The Bottom Brick

Good man Colonel Cool, if you don't like the thread make sure to post on it and keep it at the top of the page anyway!
33, 35, 47, 48, 52, 07!