Humphries today - On top form

Started by Declan, December 11, 2006, 09:34:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

armaghniac

Easytiger - unless I missed it in the schedule you didn't show the Ulster club championship final, although you did show other club championship games that had been covered by TG4. I would have thought the Crossmaglen v Ballinderry game would have been of general interest to GAA viewers.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

rosnarun

hey easy tiger any chance of improving the Chorus coverage as if i subscribe i only get one chane compared to 5/6 on sattalite and once off payments as i dont pay the chorus bill.
probably not your dept but i know you know people
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

easytiger

Armaghniac - TG4 didn't cover that game - that day Nov 26th, they did the Ladies Club Final, the Leinster Hurling Club Final and the Connacht Football Final. We only have deferred rights to the AIB Club Championships, so if TG4 don't cover it, we can't show it during the week. If they had, we would have put it out, no bother.

Rosnarun - the full package, as you say, is currently not available on Chorus - but bear with us, we're hoping that will change sometime in the New Year.

Thanks for the interest, lads and ladies. If you have any other questions I can help you with, just let me know....(i feel a bit like Farneyman from the old board...)

tayto

You have the only Setanta worth having imo! Chelsea Tv me hole!  ;D

Anyone else get Chorus sports? Great if you're bored of an evening, stuff like the noth Kilkenny U21 final, The Cork Premier Intermediate final etc etc ...

dubnut

Quote from: AZOffaly on December 11, 2006, 03:43:17 PM
I'm an avowed Setanta disciple at this stage. NASN, the Premiership, the Celtic League Rugby, The Club GAA and the NAtional League Coverage all mean that if I had to choose between Sky Sports and Setanta at this moment, I think I'd be going with Setanta.

Fully agree, signed up about 3 months ago and never looked back.
TG4 do show club games and fair play, but quite ofter people have things to do of a sunday afternoon and its not repeated.
You always get a chance with setanta to catch the game again in full of a midweek night.

Keep up the good work setanta !!

tayto

I still think there's a gap in coverage for the lower leagues, Division two and three highlights-round up show wouldnt do any harm

armaghniac

QuoteArmaghniac - TG4 didn't cover that game - that day Nov 26th, they did the Ladies Club Final, the Leinster Hurling Club Final and the Connacht Football Final. We only have deferred rights to the AIB Club Championships, so if TG4 don't cover it, we can't show it during the week. If they had, we would have put it out, no bother.

Easytiger. Is this a question of cameras or rights? If you have the deferred rights to the AIB Club Championships can you not cover any game in that competition whether or not TG4 choose to show it live? If you are not allowed, it is a case of the GAA shooting itself in the foot (again) as I can't see why you shouldn't be allowed show deferred coverage of such a game. If you had the rights, then it is a pity a few cameras could not have been organised for this, especially as the wasters in the the Northern stations should have had cameras there.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

sheskin

Easytiger
Any plans to show the Dublin colleges final between Colaiste Eoin and St Beneldus, or any of the Leinster colleges matches.

tayto

we're not asking for much are we? ... hell why not just have a GAA Tv channel, there's plenty of stuff you can be showing 24-7. If Chorus sports can have a camera at u21 north kilkenny finals then why dosent every county match have one. hell i'd sign up in a flash.