Hereiam

Now your getting the idea Wobbler.

johnneycool

Sky's exclusive matches

Provincial Championship Games

June 7 – Kilkenny v Offaly LSHC

June 14 – Dublin v Wexford LSHC

June 21 – Sligo v Galway/London CSFC

June 28 – Armagh/Cavan v Down/Tyrone/Monaghan (USFC)

Qualifiers

July 5 – Game D qualifiers

July 12 – Game F Qualifiers

July 19 – Games I and J

July 26 – Games G and H

August 2 – Games K and L

All-Ireland Series

August 9 – 2 x Football Quarter-Finals

TBH there's no real biggies in there for Sky barring maybe the Ulster semi-final at a push, but I suppose who knew Kilkenny would have been going through the qualifier route last year.

blewuporstuffed

The Ulster semi will still beavailable free to air on the BBC though
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Captain Scarlet

I love all this hard core fan talk. If you were a hard core fan then you'd have a season ticket and actually get up off your hole and go to games. If you just like to sit up and watch games of a Sunday on your armchair then surely you can wait for the Sunday Game.

If truth be told the GAA think there are too many games on free to air. They want people going to games, that's their MO.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

armaghniac

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 02, 2014, 12:12:17 PM

Is this confirmed for the BBC?

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

ziggysego

Quote from: J OGorman on April 02, 2014, 09:36:34 AM
The winners and losers in this:

Irish living abroad - winners
Foreigners - winners
Those in Australia - winners
Anyone living in Ireland (i.e. those providing the matches everyone wants to see) - losers

Look, you boyos with sky or who are benefitting from this can call us criers or whatever all you want, bottom line is, the games should be free to air. I've lived and worked and played GAA in the states, I know the craic. I've done the same in the Warwickshire, again, I know the craic, and Australia. Those selling lotto, national draw tix, stewarding at club games should not have to pay above the TV license to watch their games. Would have been great for rte online to stream the games free to all our gaels abroad (this should have been done years ago). Sky are here to stay. Wont be long 'til they have steamrolled rte. Anyways, its done.

I don't have Sky Sports, but I think this is a great deal. So we have to pay to see a few extra games, so what? It's bringing the games to ex-pats in the UK and Australia, whilst RTE is opening up it's online streaming to places like America. This has to be a great thing and I can't understand why some are so dead against this. Yes, we're the ones living here, but we aren't the only Irish people on the planet.

Stop thinking about yourselves for once.
Testing Accessibility

AQMP

Quote from: Stall the Bailer on April 02, 2014, 11:09:20 AM
Would there be anyone who would watch all the games on TV?
With club games and other commitments, I would be doing well to catch half of them on TV.

Exactly, technically I'm a loser here in that I get TV3 and don't have Sky and don't intend to "invest" in it.  Look like I'll miss out on the minor finals??  I usually go to the hurling final and will just have to live without the football final.  Other than that there's little effect on me.

AZOffaly

Quote from: johnneycool on April 02, 2014, 12:01:10 PM
Sky's exclusive matches

Provincial Championship Games

June 7 – Kilkenny v Offaly LSHC

June 14 – Dublin v Wexford LSHC

June 21 – Sligo v Galway/London CSFC

June 28 – Armagh/Cavan v Down/Tyrone/Monaghan (USFC)

Qualifiers

July 5 – Game D qualifiers

July 12 – Game F Qualifiers

July 19 – Games I and J

July 26 – Games G and H

August 2 – Games K and L

All-Ireland Series

August 9 – 2 x Football Quarter-Finals

TBH there's no real biggies in there for Sky barring maybe the Ulster semi-final at a push, but I suppose who knew Kilkenny would have been going through the qualifier route last year.

Holy good Jaysus.  I think Offaly were involved in some other televisual 'first', but to be the first game on Sky is brutal. Against Kilkenny!!!

Tubberman

Quote from: AQMP on April 02, 2014, 12:46:36 PM
Quote from: Stall the Bailer on April 02, 2014, 11:09:20 AM
Would there be anyone who would watch all the games on TV?
With club games and other commitments, I would be doing well to catch half of them on TV.

Exactly, technically I'm a loser here in that I get TV3 and don't have Sky and don't intend to "invest" in it.  Look like I'll miss out on the minor finals??  I usually go to the hurling final and will just have to live without the football final.  Other than that there's little effect on me.

Minor finals will be shown on TG4
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

AZOffaly

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on April 02, 2014, 12:18:16 PM
I love all this hard core fan talk. If you were a hard core fan then you'd have a season ticket and actually get up off your hole and go to games. If you just like to sit up and watch games of a Sunday on your armchair then surely you can wait for the Sunday Game.

If truth be told the GAA think there are too many games on free to air. They want people going to games, that's their MO.

Every game that's ever on? Including those not featuring your county?

Stall the Bailer

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 02, 2014, 01:01:03 PM

When your county isn't playing there will a club game on locally for you to go to.

AZOffaly

This is on the Sky website. Maybe an option for people who don't want to fork out the money for a full sky subscription?

GAA fans with a Sky Sports subscription can watch live on TV, online and on mobile and tablet devices via Sky Go or the award-winning Sky Sports for iPad app, which are both free for subscribers to download at no extra cost. Non-subscribers can also watch these games on mobile, which is a first in Ireland, by downloading the Sky Sports TV app for just £4.99/€5.99 a month.

AQMP

Quote from: armaghniac on April 02, 2014, 12:26:49 PM
Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 02, 2014, 12:12:17 PM

Is this confirmed for the BBC?

I understand that BBC NI will be showing all Ulster Championship games??

BennyHarp

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 02, 2014, 01:01:03 PM

Do you get time to watch every game thats on - even those not featuring your own county?

The first gaelic football match on Sky will be Sligo V Galway (or London) - this will have the neutrals all over britain drooling from the off!
That was never a square ball!!

AZOffaly

Quote from: hardstation on April 02, 2014, 01:13:08 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on April 02, 2014, 01:09:40 PM
This is on the Sky website. Maybe an option for people who don't want to fork out the money for a full sky subscription?

GAA fans with a Sky Sports subscription can watch live on TV, online and on mobile and tablet devices via Sky Go or the award-winning Sky Sports for iPad app, which are both free for subscribers to download at no extra cost. Non-subscribers can also watch these games on mobile, which is a first in Ireland, by downloading the Sky Sports TV app for just £4.99/€5.99 a month.
So, a tenner gets you all Sky matches.

Yep, looks like it. Well, maybe £15. June, July, August.