Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Na Glinntí Glasa

yeah Ballycastle were forced to pull out of the hurling this year due to a lack of nos and not being able to play the first year minors was the main factor.

I know that teams can play with a player down if they want but the opposition isnt obliged to do the same. its only out of sportsmanship they would do it.

hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

How many posters played senior at the age of 16? Was your welfare affected?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 16, 2019, 01:02:39 PM
yeah Ballycastle were forced to pull out of the hurling this year due to a lack of nos and not being able to play the first year minors was the main factor.

I know that teams can play with a player down if they want but the opposition isnt obliged to do the same. its only out of sportsmanship they would do it.
Take it out of the teams hands and allow 13 against 13 if needed in the group stages would be a small change by the county that could make a big difference - common sense piece

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Belfast GAA man on October 16, 2019, 01:52:01 PM
Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 16, 2019, 01:02:39 PM

Take it out of the teams hands and allow 13 against 13 if needed in the group stages would be a small change by the county that could make a big difference - common sense piece

ive seen in done in camogie league games in D2 & 3 where teams are stuggling to field so they are allowed to field with 13 if needs be. The other team isnt under a rule to field 13 but we always did it to ensure games were played.

hurl like f**k boi!

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2019, 01:35:38 PM

Avoiding the broken glass and blue bag brigade in the Falls Park was a cracking learning curve..

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 16, 2019, 04:18:35 PM

Avoiding the broken glass and blue bag brigade in the Falls Park was a cracking learning curve..

Toughened you up! My only ever season at senior football was when I was 18! Came on against MacD's at Casement and Tully was their big player, elbowed me straight away off the ball and welcomed me onto the pitch! Learning curves were very steep..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Hectic

So have we had teams competing in and possibly winning U21 over the last number of years using ineligible players?

Hectic

And if so do we need to put an '*' beside their names on the cups?

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 16, 2019, 05:43:04 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on October 16, 2019, 04:18:35 PM

Toughened you up! My only ever season at senior football was when I was 18! Came on against MacD's at Casement and Tully was their big player, elbowed me straight away off the ball and welcomed me onto the pitch! Learning curves were very steep..

Without doubt, did me no harm at all. It was a tough apprenticeship but sure why would we change it??

belfastsaff

im hearing the antrim footballers are meeting up for a session on Saturday.

NAG1

Quote from: belfastsaff on October 17, 2019, 01:39:16 PM

Harp Bar?

paddyjohn

Quote from: NAG1 on October 17, 2019, 01:56:36 PM

Harp Bar?

Why does everything in Antrim GAa have to suit the McCooeys ffs.. no pubs in the SW, after all it's the home of Football in Antrim.. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Milltown Row2

Quote from: paddyjohn on October 17, 2019, 08:02:45 PM

Harp Bar?

Why does everything in Antrim GAa have to suit the McCooeys ffs.. no pubs in the SW, after all it's the home of Football in Antrim.. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

The big lights of the city! Ruination of many a great prospect!

paddyjohn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 17, 2019, 08:21:31 PM
Quote from: paddyjohn on October 17, 2019, 08:02:45 PM

Harp Bar?

The big lights of the city! Ruination of many a great prospect!

Very true!

playwiththewind1st

Beer, burgers & bad women in Belfast. The decline of Antrim football since 1969, all summed up in a single sentence.