Gaels amalgamations

Started by The Monument Road, December 02, 2016, 01:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

A false address is all that's needed Monument. The Kingstons still live in Barrowhouse. Everyone knows that. Their papers over in the County Board might say otherwise, but they live in Barrowhouse. Up to what point do you fight a transfer when a lad has his head elsewhere?

Pablo Escobar

Quote from: The Monument Road on December 18, 2016, 09:27:15 AM
This transfer of a player from B/House to St Josephs will not happen or may not even reach the request stage. For a start the player does not live in the St Josephs catchment area (Ballyadams Parish). I believe he actually lives in the catchment area of Kileen,Ballylinan or Arles and plays with B House because of long held family connections.I also believe the transfer is being persued by the player himself and not by the St Josephs club.
The only way i could see it happening is because of previous precedent(s). i.e the Kingstons transfers to Kileen and other transfers from Park/Rath to stradbally. I do know that the transfers of the Kingstons was objected to and placed on the record (reasons for the transfers being allowed set a precedent).The main reason for those transfers going through was proof of place of resident. Interesting times ahead fro the CCC

Factually incorrect. The player lives in the Athy parish and therefore in the Barrowhouse catchment area.

The Monument Road

Quote from: Pablo Escobar on December 18, 2016, 11:18:01 AM
This transfer of a player from B/House to St Josephs will not happen or may not even reach the request stage. For a start the player does not live in the St Josephs catchment area (Ballyadams Parish). I believe he actually lives in the catchment area of Kileen,Ballylinan or Arles and plays with B House because of long held family connections.I also believe the transfer is being persued by the player himself and not by the St Josephs club.
The only way i could see it happening is because of previous precedent(s). i.e the Kingstons transfers to Kileen and other transfers from Park/Rath to stradbally. I do know that the transfers of the Kingstons was objected to and placed on the record (reasons for the transfers being allowed set a precedent).The main reason for those transfers going through was proof of place of resident. Interesting times ahead fro the CCC

Factually incorrect. The player lives in the Athy parish and therefore in the Barrowhouse catchment area.
Forgive me on that one so but i thought i knew the geography of the  area and i thought the residence was in the Arles parish. Here is a good one though, at least 4 or 5 present Barrowhouse players actually live the the parish of Ballyadams but for historical reasons St Josephs never claim them....

Downtheroad

Quote from: High Fielder on December 18, 2016, 09:52:30 AM
A false address is all that's needed Monument. The Kingstons still live in Barrowhouse. Everyone knows that. Their papers over in the County Board might say otherwise, but they live in Barrowhouse. Up to what point do you fight a transfer when a lad has his head elsewhere?
Unfortunately you are correct on that one. All County Board want is a fig leaf to allow a transfer. The Kingston transfers were plain wrong and in many ways have undermined the credibility of the whole system.

redsetanta

I wonder if the fact that a prominant official from Killeen is no longer there that transfers similar to the Kingstons will not get the same support in the future. He was very prominant in Laois GAA.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

The Monument Road

Quote from: Downtheroad on December 18, 2016, 08:11:52 PM
Quote from: High Fielder on December 18, 2016, 09:52:30 AM
Unfortunately you are correct on that one. All County Board want is a fig leaf to allow a transfer. The Kingston transfers were plain wrong and in many ways have undermined the credibility of the whole system.
Those transfers were very wrong but a precedent has been set. Could this new transfer be allowed because of that precedent i dont know but it creates a very big problem for the CCC. If it is refused it may go to a higher forum such as the DRA and they have a legal imput. Legal science sometimes uses precedents. Its B/House who are the biggest losers as St josephs will still be intact one way or the other.The player looking for the transfer is in no mans land now. If he gets it fine but if not it will be very awkward on him to continue to play for B/House.

Keyser Söze

Just wondering what lads think the CB should be doing?
If I apply for a transfer to Abbeyleix and I go to the transfer meeting armed with a phone bill and a bank statement with an address in Abbeyleix, what steps do ye think the CB should take from there?
Are we talking private detectives?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

tcrilly

Quote from: Keyser Söze on December 18, 2016, 11:06:18 PM
If I apply for a transfer to Abbeyleix and I go to the transfer meeting armed with a phone bill and a bank statement with an address in Abbeyleix, what steps do ye think the CB should take from there?

Like what camross did for darren gilmartin lol

Pablo Escobar

Quote from: The Monument Road on December 18, 2016, 05:33:04 PM
Quote from: Pablo Escobar on December 18, 2016, 11:18:01 AM

Forgive me on that one so but i thought i knew the geography of the  area and i thought the residence was in the Arles parish. Here is a good one though, at least 4 or 5 present Barrowhouse players actually live the the parish of Ballyadams but for historical reasons St Josephs never claim them....

Definitely not in the Arles Parish. Close but not in it. I believe Barrowhouse had to draw up their catchment area many years ago  due to them being mostly a corner of the parish of Athy with a small portion being in the Ballyadams parish. As a result this portion of the Ballyadams parish falls into Barrowhouse's catchment area. It's a pity that Josephs wouldn't extend the policy you have been talking about and for historical reasons not entertain the transfer.

Ballyroan Abbey

Catchment area cant cover 2 parishes if there's one thing that the ranting of tom cahill established down through the years it was that

Laois fan

Quote from: Ballyroan Abbey on December 17, 2016, 10:47:03 PM
Well if you look  at Division 3a in football stradbally and portlaoise pulled out before it began, spink only played when the ballinakill lads wanted a break from the hurling and even then they only had a scrap team, port not much better, leaving barrowhouse and kilcavan (2 intermediate teams) with only proper matches against each other. And if you look at 5a in the hurling majority of walkovers were by teams who pulled out from the start. In general throughout all leagues there was less walkovers and more competitive matches in the hurling than the football
. In fairness port only conceded one game ,beat barrow house at home and just lost out on promotion

High Fielder

Quote from: Keyser Söze on December 18, 2016, 11:06:18 PM

They could and should introduce a bye law that gives lads in this situation au automatic right to play senior football. Not just with anyone; only with their Senior partner at juvenile level, or, with the Parish Senior club. Think of the doors that would open up. For instance, I think it's inevitable that one of the Arles sides will be relegated in the next few years, but with such a rule, their players could play with Ballylinan. Lads in Timahoe or Annanough could play for Stradbally and so on. They would be doing no more than what they already do at underage; a natural and logical progression

Keyser Söze

Quote from: High Fielder on December 19, 2016, 11:44:48 AM

They could and should introduce a bye law that gives lads in this situation au automatic right to play senior football. Not just with anyone; only with their Senior partner at juvenile level, or, with the Parish Senior club. Think of the doors that would open up. For instance, I think it's inevitable that one of the Arles sides will be relegated in the next few years, but with such a rule, their players could play with Ballylinan. Lads in Timahoe or Annanough could play for Stradbally and so on. They would be doing no more than what they already do at underage; a natural and logical progression

Byelaws can't contravene the Official Guide. We have problems with that sort of thing in the past!

Laois cannot just decide that it is ok for a Timahoe player to line out with Stradbally at Senior and Timahoe at junior.

And that's not what I'm asking here!

Quote from: tcrilly on December 18, 2016, 11:58:16 PM

It does look like that is what happened. But how do you stop that?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled.......

High Fielder

Quote from: Keyser Söze on December 19, 2016, 04:43:40 PM

Byelaws can't contravene the Official Guide. We have problems with that sort of thing in the past!

Laois cannot just decide that it is ok for a Timahoe player to line out with Stradbally at Senior and Timahoe at junior.

I see your point and you're right. However, surely it's cleaner and more pragmatic than pie in the sky amalgamations that will have no longevity, or worse still, "illegal" transfers that cause bad blood. Maybe instead of targeting the bye law, it is the rule book itself that needs updating. I can't see any negative aspect to it

tcrilly

Quote from: Keyser Söze on December 19, 2016, 04:43:40 PM

Literally not possible to stop off the top of my head as once the paperwork is gone through its old news to everyone involved, Joey Coogan had similar difficulty getting a transfer from Trumera to Mountrath years ago as too as Trumera would not sanction the transfer, but he eventually returned to Trumera, Small clubs face troubling times as can be seen with all these gaels and failed amalgamations...happy christmas by the way