2017 club championship

Started by town1980, July 25, 2017, 10:47:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

town1980

What are the predictions for this weekends games lads??

Laoiseabu

Laoiseabu

ODempseys vs Ballyfin= 50/50 maybe just ODempseys can't decide. Beware of Ballyfin though
Ballyroan vs Crettyard = 50/50
Kilcruise vs Portlaoise = Portlaoise
Port vs Kileen = Kileen Donie and friends will have too much
Ballylinan vs Mountmellick= 50/50 maybe just Ballylinan
Clonaslee Vs Joseph's = don't know what to expect from the gales team but Joseph's should win but beware
Graigue vs Killeshin= Griague but Killeshin could give them a run for their money
Stradbally vs The Heath= Both teams short I'd say a draw game

town1980

o dempseys v ballyfin= o dempseys
ballyroan v crettyard=crettyard
kilcruise v portlaoise= portlaoise
port v kileen=portarlington
ballylinan v mountmelick=mountmelick
clonaslee v joesphs=joesphs
graigue v killishin=graigue
stradbally v heath=stradbally

County baller

O'Dempseys v Ballyfin: Dempseys by 5/6
Ballyroan v Crettyard: Crettyard by 2/3
Kilcruise v Portlaoise: Portlaoise by 8
Portarlington v Killeen: Killeen by 2
Ballylinan v Mountmellick: Draw
Clonaslee v Joseph's: Josephs by 10
Graigue v Killeshin: Killeshin by 5
Stradbally v The Heath: Stradbally by 4

High Fielder

Anything other than a Portlaoise win in Laois makes no sense. Most of these clubs offer nothing to the Senior Championship and there are a lot of clubs declining and club officers standing idly by and letting it happen. Local pride and bragging rights are what most of them are playing for and it's a bit of sham, the whole process. Nevertheless, good luck to all. Not a time of year I look forward to in all honesty

Toomanygaels

High Fielder, Are you involved with your local club? A lot of good work going on in clubs over the last few years. Much improved but it's going to take time to improve things.

The Monument Road

o dempseys v ballyfin= O Ds bye 5+
ballyroan v crettyard=Ballyroan bye 7+
kilcruise v portlaoise= Portlaoise bye 14+
port v kileen=Kileen bye 6+
ballylinan v mountmelick=Ballylinan by 4+
clonaslee v joesphs= Joes bye 5+
graigue v killishin=Graigue bye 7+
stradbally v heath=Stradbally bye 8+

First rounds are very hard to gauge and league form means nothing. Some clubs are fading due to age profile and who knows how they will fare,time will tell. Other clubs who have a young player age profile have to endure losses due to the annual  pilgrimage to the USA and the penchant for young men to travel during the summer months. Both Arles & kileen are aging teams with no young players being introduced to their panels so they will find it difficult to stay afloat. Portlaoise always bring a few through so they will do well. Ballylinan have a lot of young men coming through so they might be one to watch. Josephs have a load of good young footballers but it seems a lot of them have left for the summer pilgrimage, some will return late summer while others are taking a year or so out. ODs will be another one to watch , thats if they can keep their first 15 fit. The Gaels teams are an unknown entity so you cant judge them. Port are the enigma of laois football, great potential but hardly ever deliver. Ballyroan are one for the future as they have a huge amount of naturally gifted footballers. Stradbally are the champions and are extremely well coached. If they have all on board they will beat almost everyone else. Kileshin and Mountmellick are good and will cause the odd upset. Graigue are another enigma of laois football,on the day they can beat anyone but on the other hand anyone can beat them . The Heath are difficult to gauge and it depends on players available. they seem to have a lot of change happening due to player migration for work etc. Have i left anyone out.

Junior Ex Laoistalk

O'Dempseys v Ballyfin:        O'Dempseys
Ballyroan v Crettyard:          Crettyard
Kilcruise v Portlaoise:           Portlaoise
Portarlington v Killeen:        Portarlington
Ballylinan v Mountmellick:      Ballylinan
Clonaslee v St. Joseph's:      St. Joseph's
Graiguecullen v Killeshin:      Graiguecullen
Stradbally v The Heath:         Stradbally
Winners are not those who never fail, but those who never quit!

High Fielder

Quote from: Toomanygaels on July 25, 2017, 06:44:08 PM
High Fielder, Are you involved with your local club? A lot of good work going on in clubs over the last few years. Much improved but it's going to take time to improve things.

I'm glad for you that you can see hope. I personally think club football in this county is embarrassing. The standard is at an all time low. It's no more than you can expect when you ask players to take football seriously for six weeks of the year. The league serves no purpose and the Championship is too condensed. So for me, keeping Portlaoise at the top of the tree suits me just fine. At the end of the day, if this county is to go anywhere, it needs its biggest club supplying players and generating overall interest because Laois is not doing that.

Camarillo Brillo

O'Dempseys v Ballyfin:         O'Dempseys
Ballyroan v Crettyard:          Crettyard
Kilcruise v Portlaoise:           Portlaoise
Portarlington v Killeen:         Killeen
Ballylinan v Mountmellick:    Mountmellick
Clonaslee v St. Joseph's:      St. Joseph's
Graiguecullen v Killeshin:     Killeshin
Stradbally v The Heath:        Stradbally

oneflewoverthecuckoonest

paddy power odds

o dempseys   2/7            ballyfin 7/2
ballyroan       8/11          crettyard 11/8
portlaoise      1/5            kilcruise   4/1
killeen           2/5            port  3/1
ballylinan     10/11          mmellick  11/10
st josephs      1/6           clonaslee   11/2
graigue          2/5           killeshin   2/1
stradbally       4/9           heath      11/4

where is the value?

Laoiseabu

Value in Ballyfin and Clonaslee with the Annanough gang

Toomanygaels

Quote from: High Fielder on July 26, 2017, 09:21:42 AM
Quote from: Toomanygaels on July 25, 2017, 06:44:08 PM

I'm glad for you that you can see hope. I personally think club football in this county is embarrassing. The standard is at an all time low. It's no more than you can expect when you ask players to take football seriously for six weeks of the year. The league serves no purpose and the Championship is too condensed. So for me, keeping Portlaoise at the top of the tree suits me just fine. At the end of the day, if this county is to go anywhere, it needs its biggest club supplying players and generating overall interest because Laois is not doing that.

I don't disagree that the standard is low at the minute but there is great work been done at underage at a lot of clubs. The major problem is the county board keep pushing teams the join up instead of organising proper championship for the smaller clubs. Some of the gaels teams are a joke. They just join up with another club instead of putting the work in with their own players.
You didn't answer my question and you involved with your club underage?

BallyroanAbu

O Dempseys
BallyroanAbbey
Killeen
Portlaoise
Graigue
Clonaslee
Ballylinan
Stradbally