Dublin v Kerry All Ireland Final 2019

Started by Hereiam, August 12, 2019, 01:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fearsiuil

If I was an inter county referee living in Dublin would I pose with Dublin player(s) holding Sam Maguire at my place of work? No.

Pity it will tarnish the 5 in a row, even if Dubs win by 5/6 points. Gavin must be fuming.

"Bleedin jokeshop!"

Hound

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 14, 2019, 02:06:42 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on August 14, 2019, 01:43:43 PM
Quote from: Hound on August 14, 2019, 01:24:06 PM
Joe Molloy on Newstalk OTB debunked all the Gough myths yesterday evening. Available on podcast for anyone interested in facts over myths.

The Kerry ex-players are out in force railing against him. I doubt they actually want to replace him, just put that pressure on him not to be seen to be favouring the Dubs, so that 50/50s are more likely to go Kerry.

Chap would have grown up hating Dublin in all likelihood, but now he's an adult and experienced ref, you've got to assume he'll have no bias, deliberate or accidental, and trust him to get on with the job to the best of his ability.

Hound, iv warned you about this before , stop speaking logic and commin sense, lads on this forum cant compute it.

However, you are right, Dublin wont be able to buy a free in the final now.
I'd say Gough is very recognisable in Dublin
Would be best known referee in the country
Have you been to Dublin?

Con O'Callaghan could walk from Henry Street to Stephen's Green at midday on a busy Saturday and not get recognised!

dublin7

Quote from: Hound on August 14, 2019, 02:25:14 PM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on August 14, 2019, 02:06:42 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on August 14, 2019, 01:43:43 PM
Quote from: Hound on August 14, 2019, 01:24:06 PM
Joe Molloy on Newstalk OTB debunked all the Gough myths yesterday evening. Available on podcast for anyone interested in facts over myths.

The Kerry ex-players are out in force railing against him. I doubt they actually want to replace him, just put that pressure on him not to be seen to be favouring the Dubs, so that 50/50s are more likely to go Kerry.

Chap would have grown up hating Dublin in all likelihood, but now he's an adult and experienced ref, you've got to assume he'll have no bias, deliberate or accidental, and trust him to get on with the job to the best of his ability.

Hound, iv warned you about this before , stop speaking logic and commin sense, lads on this forum cant compute it.

However, you are right, Dublin wont be able to buy a free in the final now.
I'd say Gough is very recognisable in Dublin
Would be best known referee in the country
Have you been to Dublin?

Con O'Callaghan could walk from Henry Street to Stephen's Green at midday on a busy Saturday and not get recognised!

All the non-dubs living outside Dublin obviously think walking down the main street in their town/village is the same as walking around Dublin. It's really not. Kerry yerraing reaching new lows

Tyrdub

Quote from: fearsiuil on August 14, 2019, 01:05:36 PM
Quote from: Tyrdub on August 14, 2019, 12:56:27 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 14, 2019, 12:38:13 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on August 14, 2019, 12:20:16 PM
Gough and familiy confirmed as the officiating team for the final. Best of luck to him.

Heres David Gough celebrating with Sam 2015 at St Judes club in Dublin .Thats Kevin McManamons club

Actually its not, its David Gough in his place of work ( a primary school), at which the Sam Maguire was presented to the schoolchildren, as its done in every county every year they win Sam. This is typical shit stirring
Where are the schoolchildren?

are you serious?

Tyrdub

The one thing you are all missing is you are questioning the integrity of possibly the best GAA ref in Ireland, you need to catch a grip. I have worked in a village in North Antrim, never ever would I have thought of swaying towards them when i was refereeing them. In fact I caused a shit storm because I went the opposite way.
David Gough has been round the block,  he is more than capable of handling any questioning or scrutiny, i have absolutely no qualms about him refereeing Dublin

Sportacus

But if the ref worked in Killarney would there be eyebrows raised?  I would say you bet.  The issue for me is the broad point that the GAA should be aware of how this could be portrayed and avoid it.  Gough could have got his chance in years to come.  It's unfair on him to put him under this scrutiny and it was easily avoided.  Unfortunately under the current leadership the GAA seem to be lacking in PR savvy on various occasions.

Tyrdub

I can guarantee he wont be feeling the pressure of the additional scrutiny, he will however have the pressure of refereeing the biggest match of the year anyway. He wont feel under pressure to do anything different from his normal refereeing style.
This is some people, with little else to do, looking for a reason to have an early pop at the ref, looking for excuses dependent on how the ref sees certain incidents. We all see incidents differently dependent on who we are supporting on any particular day.
I can guarantee a plethora of complaints from both sides on Sunday evening, regardless of the result

Aristo 60

Quote from: Sportacus on August 14, 2019, 03:47:41 PM
But if the ref worked in Killarney would there be eyebrows raised?  I would say you bet.  The issue for me is the broad point that the GAA should be aware of how this could be portrayed and avoid it.  Gough could have got his chance in years to come.  It's unfair on him to put him under this scrutiny and it was easily avoided.  Unfortunately under the current leadership the GAA seem to be lacking in PR savvy on various occasions.

How will he with Dublin to be in every final from here to eternity! Oh wait - i'm on the wrong thread.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Tyrdub on August 14, 2019, 03:03:01 PM
Quote from: fearsiuil on August 14, 2019, 01:05:36 PM
Quote from: Tyrdub on August 14, 2019, 12:56:27 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on August 14, 2019, 12:38:13 PM
Quote from: TheGreatest on August 14, 2019, 12:20:16 PM
Gough and familiy confirmed as the officiating team for the final. Best of luck to him.

Heres David Gough celebrating with Sam 2015 at St Judes club in Dublin .Thats Kevin McManamons club

Actually its not, its David Gough in his place of work ( a primary school), at which the Sam Maguire was presented to the schoolchildren, as its done in every county every year they win Sam. This is typical shit stirring
Where are the schoolchildren?

are you serious?

Gough did not referee any Dublin games in 2015. But you'd have to wonder how he would feel about such a photo opportunity should Dublin win this year?

easytiger95

Quote from: Tyrdub on August 14, 2019, 04:03:37 PM
I can guarantee he wont be feeling the pressure of the additional scrutiny, he will however have the pressure of refereeing the biggest match of the year anyway. He wont feel under pressure to do anything different from his normal refereeing style.
This is some people, with little else to do, looking for a reason to have an early pop at the ref, looking for excuses dependent on how the ref sees certain incidents. We all see incidents differently dependent on who we are supporting on any particular day.
I can guarantee a plethora of complaints from both sides on Sunday evening, regardless of the result

Agreed. It is actually disgraceful that a man's integrity can be questioned in as blasé a manner as it is on this board. There have been plenty of refereeing decisions I haven't agreed with over the years (and I'm watching the Dubs in person since 83) but I know this - if we lose, it will be because of a better team, or because we haven't performed (knowing Dubs fans the latter is the far more likely view to be taken).

omaghjoe

Quote from: easytiger95 on August 14, 2019, 04:52:45 PM

Agreed. It is actually disgraceful that a man's integrity can be questioned in as blasé a manner as it is on this board. There have been plenty of refereeing decisions I haven't agreed with over the years (and I'm watching the Dubs in person since 83) but I know this - if we lose, it will be because of a better team, or because we haven't performed (knowing Dubs fans the latter is the far more likely view to be taken).

Yeah I and most other teams around the country am envious of your confidence that it wont be because you had a dodgy calls agin ye

Gough loves/fears Dublin. Whether its in the workplace, at the club, walking around, or keeping his pecking order as a ref, making sure that he is keeping the Dubs are happy is key

Tyrdub

Quote from: omaghjoe on August 14, 2019, 04:58:25 PM

Yeah I and most other teams around the country am envious of your confidence that it wont be because you had a dodgy calls agin ye

Gough loves/fears Dublin. Whether its in the workplace, at the club, walking around, or keeping his pecking order as a ref, making sure that he is keeping the Dubs are happy is key

Sometimes I despair

fearsiuil

Quote from: Tyrdub on August 14, 2019, 05:03:26 PM
Quote from: omaghjoe on August 14, 2019, 04:58:25 PM

Sometimes I despair
Despair away...swoosh!!

Is Gough able to walk down to Templeogue for a coffee unrecognised? At this rate of appointment Jimmy Turner will be reffing the 6 in a row final.  :)

From the Bunker

Gough lives/works in Dublin. It is his home! There is no question he's a good referee and will do his best on the day. But he is a human being not a robot. He has a connection. Decisions he makes on the big day could have a bearing on his every day life.

Anyone remember this?

Go to 17:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1086&v=w7Ygns_Grv4

larryin89

Quote from: From the Bunker on August 14, 2019, 06:10:37 PM
Gough lives/works in Dublin. It is his home! There is no question he's a good referee and will do his best on the day. But he is a human being not a robot. He has a connection. Decisions he makes on the big day could have a bearing on his every day life.

Anyone remember this?

Go to 17:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1086&v=w7Ygns_Grv4

O gara scores a point ?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .