2010 BDO World Darts.

Started by upmonaghansayswe, January 04, 2010, 04:37:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHEEDY

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on October 31, 2010, 02:57:26 AM
Absolute ball of dung! Cudnt look at it/quote] totally agree. not a patch on pdc. the players on the bdo are brutal. some of the averages are shocking.
nil satis nisi optimum

13aside

saw chisnall play in bellinis newry last year,was a bit iffy at times but saw him checkout a 170 and then an 11 dart leg can be outstanding at times but agree that this tourney at the minute on bbc is behind the sky worlds,also in bellinis saw a bloke hit two 180s in one leg and lost it!-some good some bad,but must recomment the day in newry was excellent entertainment with about five hundredplayers and fans (yes500) on the premisis at lunchtime!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Is anybody watching much of the Lakeside this year? Saw a bit of the first round and thought the standard was pretty decent. Ok its the last 32, rather than the last 64 but I thought it was comparable with the first round at the Ally Pally and certainly more evenly matched. The Count, Silverback and Daryll "Madness" Fitton all gone which will make for a lack of characters as the tournament. Conquerer of the PDC boys and Grand Slam champion Scott Waites would have to be the favourite you'd think.

The organisation by the administrators has been disastrous though. 3 or 4 times I've seen them having to correct scores, it has even happened when boys were looking a finish. Then to cap it all off today, Robbie Green was 2-0 up in sets and 2-1 up in legs playing Andy Boulton, Green had 201 left and drew a treble 20, a twenty and a five which was close to the wire with the big twenty. 85 scored and that graphic came up on the BBC scoreboard. But the announcer called out 100 and the BBC changed their graphic to count the ton. Then Green stepped up looking 101 to win the match but it should have been 116. He scores 85, having missed double 16 then comes back and hits double 8 to win the match. But he took out the wrong scores. I had a look at it a couple of times on sky plus and I'm convinced they've made a really embarassing error. Did anybody else see it?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Big Puff

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 03, 2011, 05:50:49 PM
Is anybody watching much of the Lakeside this year? Saw a bit of the first round and thought the standard was pretty decent. Ok its the last 32, rather than the last 64 but I thought it was comparable with the first round at the Ally Pally and certainly more evenly matched. The Count, Silverback and Daryll "Madness" Fitton all gone which will make for a lack of characters as the tournament. Conquerer of the PDC boys and Grand Slam champions Scott Waites would have to be the favourite you'd think.

The organisation by the administrators has been disastrous though. 3 or 4 times I've seen them having to correct scores, it has even happened when boys were looking a finish. Then to cap it all off today, Robbie Green was 2-0 up in sets and 2-1 up in legs playing Andy Boulton, Green had 201 left and drew a treble 20, a twenty and a five which was close to the wire with the big twenty. 85 scored and that graphic came up on the BBC scoreboard. But the announcer called out 100 and the BBC changed their graphic to count the ton. Then Green stepped up looking 101 to win the match but it should have been 116. He scores 85, having missed double 16 then comes back and hits double 8 to win the match. But he took out the wrong scores. I had a look at it a couple of times on sky plus and I'm convinced they've made a really embarassing error. Did anybody else see it?

no.

tyroneboi

Scott Waites is apparantly moving to the PDC after this tournament.

anportmorforjfc

That Robson is a w**ker, starring out to the crowd after he wins a leg. Come on to fcuk Phillips!!

BennyHarp

Backed Phillips each way at the start of the tournament at 16/1 so at least he's giving me a run for my money!
That was never a square ball!!

Tony Baloney

Is anybody watching much of the Lakeside this year? Saw a bit of the first round and thought the standard was pretty decent. Ok its the last 32, rather than the last 64 but I thought it was comparable with the first round at the Ally Pally and certainly more evenly matched. The Count, Silverback and Daryll "Madness" Fitton all gone which will make for a lack of characters as the tournament. Conquerer of the PDC boys and Grand Slam champion Scott Waites would have to be the favourite you'd think.

Have watched bits every day and the other day they were giving off about the standard of the boards due to the number of bounce outs. Basically said winmau needed to sort themselves out!

You sure the player didn't miscount?

OverTheBlackSpot

Theres a wile bang of the board on the bbc, heard that the winmau borad is harder. But the PDC is a class show.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 06, 2011, 09:36:47 PM

Have watched bits every day and the other day they were giving off about the standard of the boards due to the number of bounce outs. Basically said winmau needed to sort themselves out!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00xc2kb/Darts_World_Championships_2011_Day_3_Part_1/

Have a look for yourself and see what you think. 3 hours and 13 minutes in.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Tony Baloney

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on January 06, 2011, 11:18:25 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 06, 2011, 09:36:47 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00xc2kb/Darts_World_Championships_2011_Day_3_Part_1/

Have a look for yourself and see what you think. 3 hours and 13 minutes in.
:o Aye you're spot on - def should have been throwing for 116 instead of 101. Big ballsup by whoever was manning the scoreboard...

All of a Sludden

I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

micko12368

All of a Sludden

FFS this is poor, opening leg must have been at least 30 darts. One player on double 5, the other on 5. The womens game before was much better.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

From the Bunker

Ah, with the seeping of players to the other side. This competition is for Players who can be big fish in a small pool such as  O'se, King, Fritton etc. It's also a stepping stone for emerging talent who need to build up their confidence. Still as a person who likes Darts, i rather BBC coverage to Sky and the Lakeside looks to be a real homely venue!