Quote from: Dolph1 on January 07, 2019, 05:36:08 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 07, 2019, 04:57:57 PM
Quote from: Dolph1 on January 07, 2019, 04:43:14 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 04, 2019, 09:36:47 PM
Quote from: Dolph1 on January 04, 2019, 09:27:15 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 04, 2019, 09:15:44 PM
Surely it's just "locker room talk"??

Poor Gmac.

Now the GOP will have no choice but to get down in the dirt and fight fire with fire by allying themselves to foul-mouthed, lying, corrupt, misogynistic, racist, xenophobes.

Oh wait...

That sounds like Keith Ellison. I think he's the Democrat vice chairman chairperson.

Still waiting for anyone in his party to condemn his actions or the #metoo movement to call him to account.

Nah, I think the crown fits most well on the head of Trump and the GOP policies.

Not that the Dems are perfect by any means or beyond hypocrisy.

But at least they jettisoned the likes of Franken and Conyers.

Which is a lot more than you can say for the Grab 'em by the Pussy (that almost makes the acronym GOP!) party.

J70 - I mean to ask you what should the democrats do about Ellison?
They have the evidence so why the reluctance?

What evidence?

As far as I remember, his ex alleged that he forcefully dragged her off the bed by the leg, but would not release a video which supported her allegation. It then became "he said, she said". I'm not aware of any other allegations against him. This is not a case like Harvey Weinstein or Trump or Bill Cosby where dozens are lining up alleging harassment or assault.

So I am not sure what exactly you expect the Dems to do.

If you follow the precedent set by the baying mob in the Kavanuagh hearings he'd have been dismissed or at least suspended pending a rigorous investigation. Never happened.
While I get it that the democrats wouldn't turn in one of their own unless they had to it was surprising that none of the women's movements didn't get after him and take him down. None of that "she must be believed" stuff this time.

The big brouhaha over Kavanaugh was delaying the vote to allow the "investigation" AND the fact that Ford actually came and testified before the Senate (to the extent that Fox News, immediately after, found her testimony likely fatal for Kavanaugh's nomination).

Ellison's accuser put out an accusation and left it at that. If you can name another person whose career has been ended in similar circumstances, go for it.

And spare us the "Democrat's wouldn't turn on one of their own" - Conyers and Franken were forced to resign by pressure and lack of support from their party. The GOP bows down to and is ruled by a corrupt, lecherous lowlife, cheered on by yourself. The Dems ain't perfect by any stretch, but at least they've started down the road towards trying to deal with this stuff. The likes of Biden will have to account for his comments and conduct with Anita Hill should he run. Is any such reckoning likely on the GOP side?

Not much of a comparison with Ellison. Jesus (look him up on Wikipedia if you're one of those seculars) himself couldn't have saved Conyers or Franken such was the evidence against them.
That picture of the boob grab was kind of a career ending move.
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

J70

"Grab 'em by the pussy" would have been too...

whitey

I see RBG missed the opening session of the Supreme Court

Wishing her a very speedy recovery and long and healthy retirement

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 07, 2019, 07:56:28 PM

Why though?

How will a 6-3 Federalist Society majority on the Supreme Court for the next 20 years or more benefit you or any of the rest of us?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on January 07, 2019, 08:08:09 PM

Why though?

How will a 6-3 Federalist Society majority on the Supreme Court for the next 20 years or more benefit you or any of the rest of us?

I really just want to see liberal heads explode

Eamonnca1

Conservatives would burn their own towns to the ground if they thought it would upset a liberal. That's how deranged conservatives have become.

J70

Quote from: whitey on January 07, 2019, 08:23:14 PM
Quote from: J70 on January 07, 2019, 08:08:09 PM

Why though?

I really just want to see liberal heads explode

No valid or defensible reason?

whitey

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 07, 2019, 08:32:46 PM
Conservatives would burn their own towns to the ground if they thought it would upset a liberal. That's how deranged conservatives have become.

Based on how the Dems tried to railroad a good man like Kavanaugh, I hope Trump gets at least 1 if not 2 more picks

sid waddell

Quote from: whitey on January 07, 2019, 08:58:31 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 07, 2019, 08:32:46 PM

Based on how the Dems tried to railroad a good man like Kavanaugh, I hope Trump gets at least 1 if not 2 more picks
Duh you do - you're a rabid Trump lover and racist, mysogynist piece of shit.

Eamonnca1

Hey Whitey. If you jumped into a fire, I and many other liberals would be outraged. Our heads would explode.

How about it?

Oraisteach

Whitey, that "good man" lied in a confirmation hearing to be a Supreme Court justice.

whitey

Quote from: Oraisteach on January 08, 2019, 01:42:29 AM
Whitey, that "good man" lied in a confirmation hearing to be a Supreme Court justice.

Dr Blasey Ford lied too and her supporters also attempted to get a "witness" to change her story so I really dont give 2 flying fvcks if Kavanaugh underplayed his teenage drinking exploits.

Oraisteach

And that, Whitey, underscores your moral bankruptcy. When people appear in court, they swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. So, when a man who interviews to be a justice on the the country's highest court lies openly and obviously, you have no problem with that. Any reference to Ford is irrelevant.

RedHand88

Quote from: Oraisteach on January 08, 2019, 02:35:30 AM
And that, Whitey, underscores your moral bankruptcy. When people appear in court, they swear to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. So, when a man who interviews to be a justice on the the country's highest court lies openly and obviously, you have no problem with that. Any reference to Ford is irrelevant.

Does that apply to accusers as well?? Or just Judge Kavanaugh?

whitey

Quote from: Oraisteach on January 08, 2019, 02:35:30 AM
The Democrats were willing to assassinate the character of a man who had never set a foot wrong in his entire adult life.  He was a drunken ass in his teenage years, but my God to accuse him of attempted rape with that pile of utter horse $hit was evil personified

And we've seen this playbook before from the Democrats

https://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/11/us/politics/years-later-a-prep-school-bullying-case-snares-romney.html