Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoG2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2018, 11:44:56 AM
Quote from: trailer on May 17, 2018, 11:41:04 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2018, 11:38:04 AM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on May 17, 2018, 10:47:30 AM
Just don't know what to expect Saturday, United's record against the top teams in the league has been excellent the last 2 months so there's reason to be optimistic but who knows what United will turn up.

Jesus have a bitta confidence ffs! starting to sound like thon Liverpool fans, a boring 1-0 will do and put the season to bed..

Conte owes Jose one to be fair since winding him up during the season, which i believe actually got into his head.. Chelsea had great form up on till it mattered and where pretty shit, so pressure may be their issue..

Players now know its shit or bust now and while I'd love a 3-2 type game I just can't see it

Conte is a dead man walking. What's the chances he goes all out and picks 6 strikers or something mental like playing Hazard in Goals. That's what I'd do. Proper 2 fingers up to the Owner.

He'll still need to get results for himself to be fair, no love for Jose either and I actually thought Conte was a decent coach, but working for Chelsea must be the pits!!! Constantly looking over your shoulder, and pressure from the boss to play certain players!

Hazard for me should leave as he's better than that club

For me, Hazard is the poster boy for modern footballers. Turns it on when he could be bothered, but not 1 hoot does he give to the fans paying a king's ransom to watch their team.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: JoG2 on May 17, 2018, 11:48:53 AM
Just don't know what to expect Saturday, United's record against the top teams in the league has been excellent the last 2 months so there's reason to be optimistic but who knows what United will turn up.

Jesus have a bitta confidence ffs! starting to sound like thon Liverpool fans, a boring 1-0 will do and put the season to bed..

Conte owes Jose one to be fair since winding him up during the season, which i believe actually got into his head.. Chelsea had great form up on till it mattered and where pretty shit, so pressure may be their issue..

Players now know its shit or bust now and while I'd love a 3-2 type game I just can't see it

Conte is a dead man walking. What's the chances he goes all out and picks 6 strikers or something mental like playing Hazard in Goals. That's what I'd do. Proper 2 fingers up to the Owner.

He'll still need to get results for himself to be fair, no love for Jose either and I actually thought Conte was a decent coach, but working for Chelsea must be the pits!!! Constantly looking over your shoulder, and pressure from the boss to play certain players!

For me, Hazard is the poster boy for modern footballers. Turns it on when he could be bothered, but not 1 hoot does he give to the fans paying a king's ransom to watch their team.

Impossible to turn it on every week, he's being picked on in every game, watch on Sat how many times he gets hit by different players, he takes some hits and even the wee niggly ones, very much targeted..

Salah has had a charmed season with no real tackles going in on him, he's managed to ghost past players in most of his games, that will change next season, he will be targeted from the start

Hazard can be in out but for me one of the best players in the leauge, really do like watching him play
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TabClear

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2018, 11:52:47 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on May 17, 2018, 11:48:53 AM

Impossible to turn it on every week, he's being picked on in every game, watch on Sat how many times he gets hit by different players, he takes some hits and even the wee niggly ones, very much targeted..

Salah has had a charmed season with no real tackles going in on him, he's managed to ghost past players in most of his games, that will change next season, he will be targeted from the start

Hazard can be in out but for me one of the best players in the leauge, really do like watching him play

Seriously? Doesn't say much for the £000s paid every week to premier league managers and defenders that it takes a summer holiday for them to realize that the curly haired guy on the wing averaging practically a goal a game is a bit useful and they should try and tackle him. 

There is no question that Salah is highly unlikely to have a season like this years ever again. Nobody else has in the premiership last 30 years. He had one of those years where everything worked out perfectly for him, be it some of his strikes, Firminio's form etc. I'm just hoping he is around next year to be targetted.

On the final its hard to look past United. I know Chelsea had a decent run up to the Huddersfield game but they  had a reasonable slice of luck. Too many of the Chelsea players look to have no interest while United players probably know there is a potential clear-out coming in the summer so they could be playing for their future. Is Carrick fit and available? Would be a good way for him to go out, Great servant to United and seems a likable guy as well.

Milltown Row2

It does take a season to work players out, their movement, positioning and such, managers will try and work it out, they will try.

It's up to Salah to stay ahead of the rest, even if he scores half of what he's done this year that will be a good return.

I dont see any reason why he'd leave, he seems really happy there
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

TabClear

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2018, 12:51:43 PM
It does take a season to work players out, their movement, positioning and such, managers will try and work it out, they will try.

It's up to Salah to stay ahead of the rest, even if he scores half of what he's done this year that will be a good return.

I dont see any reason why he'd leave, he seems really happy there

I agree that the "targetting" becomes better as teams have more evidence to go on. Teams definitely coped better with him towards the end of the season (Pieters from Stoke stands out in particular).

Cunny Funt

I'd say Conte has the same contract as LVG had whereby no champions league qualification means he won't be manager next season with that mind the Chelsea players will probably lift themselves and look to win the FA Cup for Conte much like the United players did for LVG in 2016

trailer

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 17, 2018, 03:11:24 PM
I'd say Conte has the same contract as LVG had whereby no champions league qualification means he won't be manager next season with that mind the Chelsea players will probably lift themselves and look to win the FA Cup for Conte much like the United players did for LVG in 2016

The way the Chelski players have played this year it looks like they hate Conte and his stupid hair implants. But it's a cup final and I would imagine they will give it a real go.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: trailer on May 17, 2018, 03:29:57 PM

The way the Chelski players have played this year it looks like they hate Conte and his stupid hair implants. But it's a cup final and I would imagine they will give it a real go.

They are pretty decent implants  :o

StGallsGAA

No Martial in the French WC squad?  Lack of game but time has obviously cost him but strange decision all the same.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 17, 2018, 09:06:42 PM
No Martial in the French WC squad?  Lack of game but time has obviously cost him but strange decision all the same.

Lacazette omission is a bigger surprise.

Milltown Row2

Must be some team to leave out those two, still young though.

Asal Mor

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 17, 2018, 08:44:23 PM
Quote from: trailer on May 17, 2018, 03:29:57 PM

They are pretty decent implants  :o
+1. I would kill to have Conte's luscious hair.

nrico2006

Surprised that Giroud and Dembele are in the squad ahead of Martial.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

DuffleKing

Quote from: StGallsGAA on May 17, 2018, 09:06:42 PM

That and being shit

Captain Obvious

The French are known for leaving good players out of their tournament panels. Eric Cantona,David Ginola and Jean Pierre Papin for example.