Mayweather v Mc Gregor

Started by Targetman, June 14, 2017, 11:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: themac_23 on June 15, 2017, 10:22:40 AM
Circus act, Floyd  shouldn't have taken the fight, but money talks. he will school McGregor, personally don't think ill watch it and might delete every form of social media from day before till day after. The McGregor fans esp the ones from here are extremely cringy, you know the ones I'm talking about, haven't a clue about MMA until McGregor fights then they're experts. I find the same ones also come off with pearls of wisdom like 'I'm not a rugby fan but il watch the 6 nations' while running about in their Ireland Rugby gear. Maybe I need to lighten up, or maybe I'm the only person who knows these people lol

How dare people have an opinion on something that they haven't followed from their birth  >:( >:( >:( >:(

Dinny Breen

I am in actually in Vegas that weekend for a stag.

Have no interest in MMA but how would one go about getting tickets?  8)

Not the first hybrid fight even Ali fought a Japanese wrestler once
#newbridgeornowhere

screenexile

Ben Dirs summed it up well for me on Twitter . . .

For those saying 'lighten up, it will be worth it for the build-up' - if that's all you're interested in, have Mayweather fight Will Ferrell

lurganblue

I'll certainly be watching it... through a dodgy stream of course.

Wildweasel74

Mayweather and the boxing associations puts his boxing reputation in the gutter with this farce all for the greed of money he already swimming in!  Be a total non event@! Whos up next John Cena?? Its getting a bigger circus than the WWE

mcklatchee

Any truth in the rumour that the undercard is an elephant on a tricycle?
If you must ask a difficult question, ask someone else in 5 years time. I have a 5 yr plan you know

theskull1

I wonder what percentage of populations flock to whatever is the latest hyped up event? By default I tend to go in the opposite direction to these things.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

BennyHarp

Quote from: screenexile on June 15, 2017, 11:25:37 AM
Ben Dirs summed it up well for me on Twitter . . .

For those saying 'lighten up, it will be worth it for the build-up' - if that's all you're interested in, have Mayweather fight Will Ferrell

McGregor is much more entertaining than Will Ferrell.
That was never a square ball!!

mcklatchee

Wouldn't be at all be surprised if there is a strong reaction to this. People will see it for what it is . Retired boxer boxes non boxer in a lazy effort to get you to give them a big pay day. Anybody who pays for this is probably still peeved at the money they sent to Nigeria.
If you must ask a difficult question, ask someone else in 5 years time. I have a 5 yr plan you know

lurganblue

Wait till the hype train gets going.  They'll be falling over themselves to get tickets and pay the PPV rate. Some people will rightly moan about it being a non contest etc but far more will pay to see the freak show.

Look, at the end of the day it's still boxing and anything can happen.

AhNowRef

What a complete joke this is ... McG wont lay a glove on him ffs  ::)

But here, I'd do it myself for the Mula .....

mcklatchee

Quote from: lurganblue on June 15, 2017, 01:05:37 PM
Wait till the hype train gets going.  They'll be falling over themselves to get tickets and pay the PPV rate. Some people will rightly moan about it being a non contest etc but far more will pay to see the freak show.

All broadcasters bar the host is likely to lampoon the circus from beginning to end . The hype will be in that context

Hound

Quote from: mcklatchee on June 15, 2017, 01:13:17 PM

All broadcasters bar the host is likely to lampoon the circus from beginning to end . The hype will be in that context
But they'll have a strong boxing undercard to give it some respectability.

Floyd will have a few of his boxers, and at least one of them will be for a world title. And Mick Conlan and Paddy Barnes will be hoping to get places on the early undercard. Maybe KatieT too.

mcklatchee

Quote from: Hound on June 15, 2017, 01:33:54 PM

Floyd will have a few of his boxers, and at least one of them will be for a world title. And Mick Conlan and Paddy Barnes will be hoping to get places on the early undercard. Maybe KatieT too.

Maybe get A Song For Europe and the ploughing championships in there too

Hound

Quote from: mcklatchee on June 15, 2017, 01:39:06 PM
Quote from: Hound on June 15, 2017, 01:33:54 PM

Maybe get A Song For Europe and the ploughing championships in there too
Nah it'll be a quality undercard. Gervonta Davis, one of the most exciting young boxers around. I'd say we'll see him defending his title.
Hard to know what kind of input McGregor will have, but it would be good to have some Irish talent in the early bouts