Official Leicester City Thread

Started by Orior, January 28, 2016, 07:40:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 02, 2016, 11:24:40 PM
I hope they do it. Long way to go but if they negotiate the next two games then why not? Reminds me of Liverpool a couple of seasons ago......they can't, they can't, can they?, naah....Jesus they have it (slip)....

Maybe they can avoid the late slip. There is no great team out there. Spurs look solid now, must have a good shout.
Hopefully they also won't blow an 8 point lead with 5 games to go....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Syferus

Can they actually do it now? This would go down in history above Brian Clough winning the European Cups with Nottingham Forest imho.

GJL

laoislad

Surely now they have to be favourites. They have all the momentum. Only for a few missed penalties they would actually be further ahead.
Really hope they do it.

tiempo

Quote from: laoislad on February 06, 2016, 02:32:46 PM
Surely now they have to be favourites. They have all the momentum. Only for a few missed penalties they would actually be further ahead.
Really hope they do it.

They have 13 games left this season. City a possible 27, Spurs a possible 28. Wouldn't worry about Arsenal.
It's on.

ziggy90

Quote from: Main Street on February 02, 2016, 11:51:13 PM
Strange that there are no Leicester FC supporters here?
I have an acquaintance who went to university in Leicester in the early1980's,  therefore I feel very connected to the city and their football club.
I'm cheering Leicester for league title glory and next year,CL group stages is a given right now.

I have a cousin who's married to a Leicester City fan??
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

seafoid

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

BarryBreensBandage

The best thing about Leicester doing so well is the two fingers they are sticking up to the sporting world that allows the formation of cartels (as one rugby pundit put it) to take over and ensure that all the competitions we love and watch are turned into nothing more than prize fights between three or four contenders who have the coffers to fund it.

I salute Leicester and Atletico - in the next five years lets hope Benfica win the CL, Galway win the AI and an Irish team wins the Rugby European Cup (whatever it is called now).

Looking at the thread on Dublin GAA, it is already instilled in our national game - the teams with the big bucks are the ones who will do the best, naturally, I suppose.

Leicester abú!
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

bennydorano

The Thai dude that owns Leicester is worth £1.5bn.

BarryBreensBandage

Quote from: bennydorano on February 06, 2016, 10:27:05 PM

That's not my point -

Raheem Sterling - £50m
Mahrez - £400,000
"Some people say I am indecisive..... maybe I am, maybe I'm not".

supersub

Quote from: BarryBreensBandage on February 06, 2016, 10:40:49 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on February 06, 2016, 10:27:05 PM

That's not my point -

Raheem Sterling - £50m
Mahrez - £400,000

Liverpool bought Sterling for £600,000, if someone were to buy a mahrez now no doubt it'd be 10s of millions. All relative.

laoislad

Quote from: hardstation on February 06, 2016, 10:51:20 PM
Just showed it on Match of the Day. Whole team cost £22.5 million.
And Liverpool paid £25million for Adam Lallana  :-[

ONeill

Trying to think of a comparison. Maybe Villa in 81.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

laoislad

Just looking there. After the Arsenal game next week their next 7 games are Norwich, West Bromwich, Watford, Newcastle, Palace, Southampton, Sunderland.
In the form they are in you would expect them to win the majority of those games.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: laoislad on February 06, 2016, 11:19:59 PM
Just looking there. After the Arsenal game next week their next 7 games are Norwich, West Bromwich, Watford, Newcastle, Palace, Southampton, Sunderland.
In the form they are in you would expect them to win the majority of those games.
What a story if they won against all the big money teams. Probably the biggest story for a generation. They need to hang on though!