Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Soviet Unionist

Local Expert when are you going to pay your Fianna Membership?

clarshack

Kildress are a fine club and have had plenty of great players down the years and it's sad that they are in this current predicament and I hope they stay out of Junior football fwiw. But from what I've heard there was definitely no agreement for them to get 2 points in that last game. They did have plenty of advantages though in that we were missing several regulars, they went 10 points ahead and the ref gave them loads of 50/50 decisions. We also had used our only 2 subs by the time we had a player black carded with no-one to replace him early in the 2nd half. They just simply couldn't finish the job off and it turns out the only team that Kildress have beaten since April in competitive football is Derrytresk (by 2 points). I think that tells its own story.

Club boi

Quote from: Soviet Unionist on October 26, 2018, 07:41:04 PM

Somebody get these pair a room or set up their own thread

Unless they are the same sad person just looking attention

Soviet Unionist

Quote from: Club boi on October 26, 2018, 08:17:31 PM

Get from me.

OurKid

Quote from: Therealdonald on October 26, 2018, 04:52:02 PM
I remember a good few years back reading on this about Loughmacrory playing someone (think it was Ardboe) and the lough needed a draw to stay safe but the team they were playing had a championship game the week after and played a weakened team . Anyway it turned out the Lough coach at the time was basically uncle or something to 8 of the opposition players, but to get to the point, the Lough scored a goal to level the game and a Prominent Tyrone refereeing official from the Lough ran on to the field and told the ref to blow it up with 5 mins left when it was a draw.

That my friends is how you fix a match!!!
Remember that myself , comical to say the least! Should be some sort of penalty for clubs who clearly do this?

Tintown rattler

Quote from: Soviet Unionist on October 26, 2018, 08:47:06 PM
O

Get from me.

Club boi! Wondering are you the famous twitter handle vod boi? Something about pizza ?
More importantly are your boys giving the enemy a guard of honour on Sunday ?

bigtogs

Quote from: Tintown rattler on October 26, 2018, 09:37:49 PM
O

Get from me.

Club boi! Wondering are you the famous twitter handle vod boi? Something about pizza ?

When we won championship in 2013 our next league game was v Fianna in Stewartstown there was no Guard off honour, We beat Fianna in league Final 2012 and their management team and a handfull of players did not wait for the presentation so i would presume they would hardly expect us to form a guard off honour on sunday...

WT4E

Quote from: clarshack on October 26, 2018, 08:12:58 PM
Kildress are a fine club and have had plenty of great players down the years and it's sad that they are in this current predicament and I hope they stay out of Junior football fwiw. But from what I've heard there was definitely no agreement for them to get 2 points in that last game. They did have plenty of advantages though in that we were missing several regulars, they went 10 points ahead and the ref gave them loads of 50/50 decisions. We also had used our only 2 subs by the time we had a player black carded with no-one to replace him early in the 2nd half. They just simply couldn't finish the job off and it turns out the only team that Kildress have beaten since April in competitive football is Derrytresk (by 2 points). I think that tells its own story.

I'll take your word for it on the first point. Agreed on the last point.

Localexpert

Quote from: bigtogs on October 26, 2018, 10:04:05 PM
O

Get from me.

When we won championship in 2013 our next league game was v Fianna in Stewartstown there was no Guard off honour, We beat Fianna in league Final 2012 and their management team and a handfull of players did not wait for the presentation so i would presume they would hardly expect us to form a guard off honour on sunday...

Didn't realise it was a requirement to wait on presentations I assume you/clonoe took this personally if you are bringing it up 6 years later? 

In regards to the guard of honour if the stewartstown thing is true which I honestly don't remember surely then you can be the bigger club and do the guard of honour and not hold any grudges  ::)

Either way as tintown mentioned I have it on good authority that there will be pizza served to both teams after the game with each slice the same size so there's no fighting over the big or small slices  ;) 

fianna can afford these nice things for the players because they've just won a second championship with their own club volunteers so saved a fortune ;D

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Over the Bar on October 26, 2018, 11:00:59 AM
Quote from: Frank_The_Tank on October 25, 2018, 05:01:52 PM
Quote from: Tyrone95 on October 25, 2018, 04:42:37 PM
Clithero and Sludden spent manys a sunday night/monday morning about the Old charm inn when we were winning championships  ::)

Did they referee the final you had just won?

Paddy Russell and his wife were at the Dublin banquet in 1995. What's the difference?

Paddy O brien was at the head table every year at Errigal dinner dance

Soviet Unionist

O

Get from me.

Enjoy the wedding today comrade.

Club boi

O

Get from me.

Negative on the name there, not even from Clonoe but if Bigtogs is correct in what he says, you's cant really expect the same respect back if you's didnt do it back then

Can anyone confirm if Bigtogs is correct??

Was that leage game the year Fianna went unbeaten only to lose the playoff final?? (And before you start, Im pretty sure on here I have said the league title shouldve been granted to Coalisland for winning the most games, Playoffs were only money rackets for the CB)

bigtogs

Quote from: Club boi on October 28, 2018, 11:12:10 AM
O

Get from me.

Negative on the name there, not even from Clonoe but if Bigtogs is correct in what he says, you's cant really expect the same respect back if you's didnt do it back then

Can anyone confirm if Bigtogs is correct??

Was that leage game the year Fianna went unbeaten only to lose the playoff final?? (And before you start, Im pretty sure on here I have said the league title shouldve been granted to Coalisland for winning the most games, Playoffs were only money rackets for the CB)

Yes it was and personally i agree team finished top of the league wins it..... On the Guard of honour i would rather my club respected the tradition no matter who the opposition is...

Club boi

Well, we'll hear in a couple of hours no doubt from Local Expert if it happened or not

Complaining if it doesnt, Gloating if it does

Personally speaking I've never played in a successful team to know if its right just to do it or if I wouldnt take part

Jim Bob

Rahillys tanked the Fianna reserve team this afternoon.