Cavan v Tyrone

Started by tyroneman, June 25, 2018, 10:22:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 25, 2018, 12:17:43 PM
Quote from: Itchy on June 25, 2018, 11:56:42 AM
I believe Cavan have designated Clones as a home venue when they told HQ that Breffni was out of bounds. If I were them Id be looking for Brewster. That said we have no chance the way Mattie is setting us up. Hard to even get motivated to attend this game such was the pure shit served up on Saturday

There's certain posters on the Tyrone pages that have been calling for Mattie to take over the Tyrone job as he will bring a more expansive style of football.
mattie has tried the expansive football with cavan with limited success. seems they have reverted back to what they know best under terry hyland, defensive muck. cavan dont seem to have the footballers to play decent football, tyrone on the other hand....

Itchy

Quote from: southtyronegael on June 25, 2018, 12:53:34 PM
I believe Cavan have designated Clones as a home venue when they told HQ that Breffni was out of bounds. If I were them Id be looking for Brewster. That said we have no chance the way Mattie is setting us up. Hard to even get motivated to attend this game such was the pure shit served up on Saturday

There's certain posters on the Tyrone pages that have been calling for Mattie to take over the Tyrone job as he will bring a more expansive style of football.
mattie has tried the expansive football with cavan with limited success. seems they have reverted back to what they know best under terry hyland, defensive muck. cavan dont seem to have the footballers to play decent football, tyrone on the other hand....

Nope, thats a load of bollix. Im surprised to have a Tyrone man ape a Derry man like Brolly. Hyland had cavan playing a great brand of football with a good mix of defensive play and attacking play. What we have now under Mattie is change mid stream and players who just stand around inside their own 45, dont lay a hand on the opposition and when they get the ball walk it up the field as slowly as possible. Its worse than anything Hyland did in his 1st year when he was trying to introduce the idea of defending to Cavan. Tyrone will run riot if we play like this.

Shamrock Shore

Cavan always seem to draw the short straw.

I actually told my Cavan pals to expect Armagh in the draw - not thinking it could be worse!!!!

Why the pitch in Breffni is being relaid now astonishes me. Could this not have been done in the spring and have 'home' League matches in Clones?

As for the clowns getting red cards after the full time whistle................that bates Banagher altogether.

T'rone to win by whatever they want.

southtyronegael

brolly is a football man, the fact that he is from derry is irrelevant. and yeah tyrone will prob run riot, because they have better footballers.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 25, 2018, 01:00:58 PM

I actually told my Cavan pals to expect Armagh in the draw - not thinking it could be worse!!!!

Why the pitch in Breffni is being relaid now astonishes me. Could this not have been done in the spring and have 'home' League matches in Clones?

As for the clowns getting red cards after the full time whistle................that bates Banagher altogether.

The pitch was done straight after league. They are doing drainage as well and new surface so be out of action for rest of year.

Westside

Quote from: southtyronegael on June 25, 2018, 12:53:34 PM

Well this is shite. Cavan played better football in 2016 under Terry than we have shown under Mattie. People just listened to the muck Brolly spouted.
Saturday's attempt at tactics was the worst i have ever seen from a Cavan manager.

Tyrone will walk over Cavan because (a) They're a better side and (b) we don't have a manager capable of getting a performance out of the players at his disposal to beat a better side.

Mattie should be ran from Cavan ASAP. I wouldn't even wish him Tyrone.

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: mrdeeds on June 25, 2018, 01:16:04 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on June 25, 2018, 01:00:58 PM

The pitch was done straight after league. They are doing drainage as well and new surface so be out of action for rest of year.

Ah - well, I won't say much more as Pearse Park is hardly a shining light when it comes to stadium management!!

Perhaps Cavan could drag the Tyronies to Longford - grand park now there with plenty of seating.

RedHand88

It's in croke park?!?!

Gabriel_Hurl

Yep - first game of a double header

Cavan v Tyrone, Croke Park, 5pm
Kildare v Mayo, Croke Park, 7pm

BennyHarp

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 25, 2018, 01:43:34 PM

Sky must be showing it as they have a double header slot in the schedule for Saturday
That was never a square ball!!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 25, 2018, 01:47:23 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 25, 2018, 01:43:34 PM

Sky must be showing it as they have a double header slot in the schedule for Saturday

SKY showing both.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Westside

Lord above.... Mattie's shame to be televised. Just what we neee3e.  :-[

Itchy

Could sky get mcvitty off his red to try make a match of it?

Aaron Boone

Quote from: Itchy on June 25, 2018, 01:59:33 PM
Could sky get mcvitty off his red to try make a match of it?
That would take the biscuit.

square_ball

Quote from: Westside on June 25, 2018, 01:54:46 PM
Lord above.... Mattie's shame to be televised. Just what we neee3e.  :-[

But according to Matties interviews everything is always wonderful, marvellous and fantastic?