Tg4. & eir live weekend games 17/18 march for allianz 2018

Started by cornetto, January 20, 2018, 12:24:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harold Disgracey

clarshack

well done Moy but that was some chance missed by an gaeltacht's no. 12 at the end.  even if he had passed it over there was a man free.

Il Bomber Destro

An Gaeltacht were very negative with the possession they had and it came back to bite them big time

galwayman

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 27, 2018, 03:32:25 PM
An Gaeltacht were very negative with the possession they had and it came back to bite them big time
Well they were hanging onto a lead against the wind and a man down against a team playing a blanket defence.
Keeping possession is probably not a bad option in those circumstances.
Don't forget they were 3 up and looking very comfortable before the slip up for the goal.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 27, 2018, 03:27:10 PM
Some smash and grab from Moy in injury time. One of those games where probably the better side lost.

The way they were so lucky to win that game you would have to think their name is already on the trophy but maybe the late Dermot Earleys club Michael Glaveys might have something to say about that.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: galwayman on January 27, 2018, 03:43:27 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 27, 2018, 03:32:25 PM
Well they were hanging onto a lead against the wind and a man down against a team playing a blanket defence.
Keeping possession is probably not a bad option in those circumstances.
Don't forget they were 3 up and looking very comfortable before the slip up for the goal.

Keeping possession for possession sake cost them the game. An Gaeltacht also played a blanket defence.

ONeill

That was some move for the goal. An Aussie Rules catch by Colm, bombed it into the square, Sean takes Mark for a dander by the arm and leaves the goal open for Loughran. Rethal.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

David McKeown

Jaysus that was hard to watch. Puke football at its finest. Didn't see the sending off but the same man should have been off first half. Some embarrassing dives in the match too. Fair play to Moy for sticking at it. Great fielding and kicking from Colm Cavanagh leading to the goal. Also fair play to Gavin McGilly that will be a Sigerson title and at least an all Ireland final under his belt. Not a bad 12 months
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Tubberman

Puke football alive and well in Tyrone.  Awful to watch
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

longballin

Quote from: Tubberman on January 27, 2018, 04:27:05 PM

there's a truth to that and when Moy pushed up for last 5/10 minutes they won... why sit back like that?

Il Bomber Destro

Alive and well in Kerry more like.

Tubberman

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 27, 2018, 04:28:55 PM

I'd have no grá for Kerry teams, but Moy were a man up, losing the game and yet they were defending with everyone back and no ambition going forward until injury time smash and grab.
The impetus should have been with them to attack

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Tubberman on January 27, 2018, 04:32:36 PM

I'd have no grá for Kerry teams, but Moy were a man up, losing the game and yet they were defending with everyone back and no ambition going forward until injury time smash and grab.

And An Gaeltacht had 80% of the possession, they had numerous chances to take shots on but were too preoccupied with keeping possession that they let scoring chances pass by.

That's Puke football to me.

Tubberman

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 27, 2018, 04:40:43 PM
Quote from: Tubberman on January 27, 2018, 04:32:36 PM

And An Gaeltacht had 80% of the possession, they had numerous chances to take shots on but were too preoccupied with keeping possession that they let scoring chances pass by.

That's Puke football to me.

I'm not trying to defend An Ghaeltacht - they contributed to an awful spectacle. But surely the reason they didn't take on the shots was becauw3 there were so many blue jerseys around them.
Some think the end justifies the means, some think there should be some entertainment and positivity from a game of football

Maroon Manc

That was shocking stuff where the better team were clearly beaten, Moy got very very lucky; They showed no ambition to win in the last 15 minutes, their manager is a very lucky man as the win had nothing to with anything he did.