Fermanagh
Longford
Offaly
Sligo
Westmeath
Wexford

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: FermGael on February 19, 2018, 11:30:44 PM
Paudie Hughes down to referee Fermanagh and Derry.
Why would the gaa send an Armagh man to do this ?
Surely they can see a potential conflict of interest .
Insane, i remember one of the Duffy's reffing a match which had direct consequences on us but i'm told no one would of known where they were from lol

Just seeing who is progressing from the club to county matches with the GAA genuinely shocks me what refs are working there way up the ladder

Just seen we have Patrick Maguire from Longford, could be something similar but don't think so,neither of us really going for promotion
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

regal

I sympathise to both fermanagh & derry supporters for having Paudie Hughes this weekend, however, if there is a possible conflict of interest who does fermgael think paudie might favour??

Armagh had a Roscommon referee when playing Sligo last year and a Clare referee when playing tipp in the last league match last year. It's division 3, nobody gives a sh*t. More reason to get out of it

illdecide

In all fairness Paudie will rob both of you and will show no favouritism...lol. Fermanagh have nothing to worry about, sure you're home to Derry...handy 2pts :P
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

magpie seanie

In our game against Wexford we had Laverty from Antrim and he was really good. Unfortunately a rare occurrence but credit where it's due.

Can't remember the name of the guy from last Sunday but he was from Carlow and he was awful.

illdecide

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 20, 2018, 09:08:35 AM
In our game against Wexford we had Laverty from Antrim and he was really good. Unfortunately a rare occurrence but credit where it's due.

Can't remember the name of the guy from last Sunday but he was from Carlow and he was awful.

I always found Paudie to be fair enough TBH, he's just very fussy and doesn't let too much go. Just needs to let the game flow a bit more, don't worry he'll be grand.

Shamrock Shore

Hope ye all get Mooney from Cavan at some stage  ::)

tonto1888

As long as we don't get Neilan again I will be happy. Or that Kerryman who reffed us against Westmeath last Summer

magpie seanie

Neilan is very bad, hate seeing him coming.

naka

Quote from: FermGael on February 19, 2018, 11:30:44 PM
Paudie Hughes down to referee Fermanagh and Derry.
Why would the gaa send an Armagh man to do this ?
Surely they can see a potential conflict of interest .
paudie will show no favouritism, he`s from cross so he hates Armagh also ;)

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: naka on February 20, 2018, 01:31:28 PM
paudie will show no favouritism, he`s from cross so he hates Armagh also ;)

;D

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 20, 2018, 11:37:12 AM
As long as we don't get Neilan again I will be happy. Or that Kerryman who reffed us against Westmeath last Summer

Here's a neutral's observation of that Kerryman's performance http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=27979.msg1712435#msg1712435
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

tonto1888

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 22, 2018, 09:29:31 AM

Here's a neutral's observation of that Kerryman's performance http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=27979.msg1712435#msg1712435

I remember that at the time. I disagreed then and I still disagree now. Admittedly, I may be biased

Throw ball

Quote from: tonto1888 on February 22, 2018, 11:00:14 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on February 22, 2018, 09:29:31 AM

I remember that at the time. I disagreed then and I still disagree now. Admittedly, I may be biased

+1

I also remember him refereeing Laois v Armagh part 2 in 2016. He managed to yellow card Aidan Forker for getting punched in the groin! His sending off of Aaron Findon near the end still remains a mystery. To be fair to him though that year you could have booked either of them at the start of the game as they were always going to do something silly !

illdecide

Big defining weekend ahead...any predictions folks

magpie seanie

You'd have to expect Westmeath to beat us. Our performance level would need to go up a couple of notches to win that one. Same can be said of Offaly against Armagh, even with home advantage. I'd go for Fermanagh over Derry though they didn't really put us away despite their superiority the last day. Longford at home should have too much for Wexford. Sligo, Offaly, Derry and Wexford would need to improve a good bit on there they've been so far to get a win this weekend. looks like relegation is between those 4.