Who do you think will win the Sam "08" - excluding Kerry

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, May 12, 2008, 02:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think will get to the AIF and have a chance of winning Sam "08" - excluding Kerry?

Armagh
Dublin
Monaghan
Mayo
Donegal
Cork
Tyrone
Galway
Derry
Meath
Down
Roscommon
Fermanagh
Louth
Kildare
Westmeath
Sligo
Laois
Wexford
Waterford

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 13, 2008, 09:49:54 AM
A fair few people picking Galway. Its amazing how highly people rate league form. I just cannot see how they'd be All-Ireland material.

We're only 4th on the poll at the moment a mile behind Dublin, Derry and Tyrone. Not that surprising given Galway do still have a lot of very good footballers and there are not very many great teams about right now.

That said we're not going to win the All-Ireland although I could say that about nearly everyone bar Kerry.

Mike Sheehy

Kerry Mike

QuoteWell it was and it wasn't. It still drives ye Kerry folk mad and you know it!

Jinxy it does but it also drives the Tyrone wans mad too that we feel more pain over the Meath debacle than any other defeat in the recent past.

QuoteIts Dublin or Tyrones to lose.

The Quote of the Month MS  ;)
2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Aaron Boone

Laois are lying low for the first time in a few years.

tyssam5

Quote from: Kerry Mike on May 13, 2008, 07:55:09 PM
QuoteWell it was and it wasn't. It still drives ye Kerry folk mad and you know it!

Jinxy it does but it also drives the Tyrone wans mad too that we feel more pain over the Meath debacle than any other defeat in the recent past.

QuoteIts Dublin or Tyrones to lose.

The Quote of the Month MS  ;)

What about the two defeats to Tyrone taken cumulatively KM?

Still rate that pain behind the one Meath loss? If so pass on your therapist's/barman's number to our other beloved Kerry contributor, God knows he needs the help.

ONeill

Some anagrams.

Ciaran Whelan - A carnal whine
Mickey Harte - I'm cheeky rat
Pillar Caffrey - Pacify Farrell
Armagh - Graham
Antrim - Martin
Pat Spillane - Pleasant lip
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Mike Sheehy

QuoteIf so pass on your therapist's/barman's number

A cry for help disguised as slagging ?

I think its sad how a grown man like yourself just cant admit your depression. I think you might be suffering from cantgetpastqtrphenia...I suggest a two week holiday in Kerry. We might even cure you of your addiction to bad football as a bonus.

Tyrones own

Quotethink you might be suffering from cantgetpastqtrphenia...

Yerra FFS Mikey... That would pale in comparison to thon ClosetTyronefanphenia...... may i suggest pulling the rugger jersey out from
being tucked in to the high waisted jeans like ye boys do down there and maybe no one would notice that wee problem
that keeps arising... ;)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

tyssam5

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on May 14, 2008, 12:15:20 AM
QuoteIf so pass on your therapist's/barman's number

A cry for help disguised as slagging ?

I think its sad how a grown man like yourself just cant admit your depression. I think you might be suffering from cantgetpastqtrphenia...I suggest a two week holiday in Kerry. We might even cure you of your addiction to bad football as a bonus.

It's OK I have copy of 'The Golden Years' already, seems to be the last time any non-cynical football was played around Kerry.

Though with efforts like this one from the 'Bomber' (33seconds) maybe there was a fair bit of cynical football played then too? I thought it was Armagh who were supposed to have brought rugby into Gaelic football, but it seems like this lazy, cynical, rugby tackle cost the Kingdom the 5-in-a-row?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1zX-DDznyk

J70

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 13, 2008, 02:46:54 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 13, 2008, 02:18:20 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 13, 2008, 01:52:00 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 13, 2008, 01:49:57 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 13, 2008, 09:59:11 AM
Quote from: J70 on May 12, 2008, 11:39:20 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 12, 2008, 03:47:37 PM
Only meself voting for Donegal so far - we're always better for being the underdog anyway.  :P

I think Dinny has a term of endearment for Liverpool fans that might just fit you Gaoth Dobhair! :D

??? Enlighten me please.

I think "delusionists" is the term he uses! ;D

Ah right.

Still I'll not write my team off until their beaten! It's called supporting.  ::)

I support them too, albeit from afar at the moment. That is not the same as being unrealistically optimistic about their chances of winning an All Ireland though!

Aye, but were was I being unrealistically optimistic, I said we are better placed as underdogs - less expectation = less pressure.

Although someone mentioned Cass's wedding, I hoping that doesn't come into play!!  :o ;) ;D

But sure you know well how it gets with the Donegal team. They win a big game, and more rarely a second. Suddenly they're rated, the hype starts, the pressure is on and then they fold. I have no doubt that we can beat any team in the country, bar Kerry, in a one-off championship game. What we cannot do is put the few games together that you need to seriously challenge. Part of that may be temperament, but a bigger part of it is a lack of options when things aren't going well. If, for example, McFadden or Neil Gallagher are off their games, do we have anyone capable of winning enough ball and getting enough scores to win a serious match?

Mike Sheehy

QuoteIt's OK I have copy of 'The Golden Years' already,

I recommend the clips from the '86 final. great stuff altogether.