The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

Quote from: maddog on December 12, 2008, 08:09:19 AM
Quote from: maddog on December 11, 2008, 04:39:44 PM
Mark Johnston sends one horse to Great Leighs tonight, its first time out Flamsteed in the 8.20, stable amongst the winners in the last few days. Probably in around 3/1

Ran as green as grass, didnt face the corner well or the kick back from the sand. Beaten a few lengths in the end. One to watch out for next time out.

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on December 12, 2008, 09:33:44 AM
You weren't alone maddog, I worked late last night and thee was a lot of people in backing the horse...

You weren't far of the mark here. Johnston sent out two horses out Wednesday afternoon, both won, and sent one out that night and it won too (all 3 at decent prices). So to be fair, any horse that he sent 200 miles the day after had to be backed but it just wasn't to be.

Our Nail Loney

No I backed Garde Champetre the last day out at Cheltenham when Davy Russell was a little rascal and robbed him of the race, and I am thinking about backing it again today, I know it i top weight but with Nina on board and it has te experiernce, record in cross country events F1112, would have been a first in the last had Dix Villez not skipped the corner!!

Also gonna take Ballyfitz in the first, it is around even money, that is why am sticking it in the double, winner of the Pertemps Final Hurdle at Chetenham last year, has shaped up nicely since turning to fences, two wins from two including a win at cheltenham last month beating a couple of useful horses in Big fella Thanks (2nd yesterday due to Sam Thomas) and West End Rocker...

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: winsamsoon on December 12, 2008, 10:06:00 AM
Todays lucky 15 lads

Ballyfitz 12:10 cheltenham
Possol 13:55 cheltenham
Honest John 13:10 doncaster
Swiss Art 12:20 Southwell.

I shall have a crack at these lads just for a wee interest. Not great prices but if they win you are playing with the bookies money.  ;)

Spiritual Art you are talking about??

Another horse I follow and think is due a good run in a handicap is SIMON in the 1.55 at Cheltenham, second in this race last year, 15/2 so good each way value as well.

Our Nail Loney

Spotted another I like, CALGARY BAY in the 1.45 at Doncaster, about 11/8 2nd fave... Henrietta Knight trains this horse and was a decent hurdler last year beating the likes of Snap Tie and his main rival here I'msingintheblues, was a contender though disappointed in the Supremem Novices Hurdle at the festival, though was placed in another Grade 1 event.

It receives weight from the favourite here and I think it could shock it.

So my four for today:

BALLYFITZ (12.10 C)
SIMON (1.55 C)
GARDE CHAMPETRE (1.20 C)
CALGARY BAY (1.45 D)

Joxer

Amended!

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Joxer on December 12, 2008, 11:44:17 AM
See imsingingtheblues is in Doncaster today, 

Should walk it!  Crazy Price!

See my post above joxer!!

Our Nail Loney

Wonder did Pat The Watcher get the first at Southwell??

Southwell 11.50

1st    4 This Ones For Pat (USA) 16-1
2nd    2 Mystickhill (IRE) 25-1
3rd    7 Hollow Jo    

Our Nail Loney

Balls to that, Ballyfitz led the whole way, made a couple slight mistakes, good patient ride from Sam Thomas on What A Friend won at 15/8 owned by Alex Ferguson!

Joxer

Bad Start!

12:10 | 4 What A Friend (S Thomas, 15-8 2nd-fav); 1 Ballyfitz (P J Brennan, 5-6 fav); 5 ran.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Joxer on December 12, 2008, 12:20:40 PM
Bad Start!

12:10 | 4 What A Friend (S Thomas, 15-8 2nd-fav); 1 Ballyfitz (P J Brennan, 5-6 fav); 5 ran.

Cheers boy, what an addition to the board you will be!

winsamsoon

It was spiritual art Nail but there was also a swiss art and my morning head typed it in instead but Ballyfizt put the dampners on it anyway. but spiritual won at 7/4
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

Joxer

Nina give Garde a good ride anyway!

Joxer

1:55 Cheltenham | 8 Mon Mome (A Coleman, 11-2 2nd-fav); 1 Star De Mohaison (B J Geraghty, 11-1 ); 7 Possol (M Bradburne, 8-1 );

jaykay

Quote from: jaykay on December 10, 2008, 12:49:10 PM

I got word for Borero the last day he won, before the race I was told it was the best handicapped horse in Charlie Manns yard.  It only won by 1l that day, I didnt see the race so I dont know if he was pulling up at the line or flat out.  He runs again today at 2.20 and is only up 3lbs for the last win.  I havent heard anything today but at 4/1 I think hes worth a few quid, he owes me nothing.

Borero is declared to run tomorrow in Lingfield at 3.10 if it passes the inspection.  It's not a tip but I'll be backing it.

Our Nail Loney

Cheltenham and Lingfield called off...