The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Quote from: bennydorano on April 24, 2008, 04:04:18 PM
finished with it the donkey >:(
no harm Benny will i bring the side be side with me or the over and under ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

maddog

Quote from: the Deel Rover on April 24, 2008, 04:08:50 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on April 24, 2008, 04:04:18 PM
finished with it the donkey >:(
no harm Benny will i bring the side be side with me or the over and under ;)

Benny is finished with it, back it next time out. ;)

never kickt a ball

One of Bud's old horses Big Zeb won today at punchestown at odds of 4/1

GaillimhIarthair

Captain Conflict in the 5.30 at Punchestown tomorrow.  Ruby will probably be on board so no doubt this will hinder the SP.  Has won on his last two outings but about 25 in this race so hopefully no "traffic problems".

magpie seanie

QuoteOne of Bud's old horses Big Zeb won today at punchestown at odds of 4/1

Noticed that.

Come back Bud!

never kickt a ball

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 24, 2008, 11:19:00 PM
QuoteOne of Bud's old horses Big Zeb won today at punchestown at odds of 4/1

Noticed that.

Come back Bud!

Hear Hear or is it here here? We want wise bud back!

Rois

Prob not the best place for this, but asince you're all into your betting, any tips for greyhound racing?  Going to Dundalk tonight and haven't a clue what to look for.

Candyman

good aul spot is dundalk.... last time i was up there i had 11 winners!!! (spread between Dundalk & HC which was on the screens)
Similar to the horses....

Look at the form
Dogs last times (especially at Dundalk)
Which type of surface it ran on when posting those times

And most of all..... pick a name you like!!!!  :D

full back

Although not strictly a tip, if any of you can get a decent price on Glenavon against Armagh, I would advise you to take it  ;)

Candyman

The way Armagh are playing....  ;D

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteAlthough not strictly a tip, if any of you can get a decent price on Glenavon against Armagh, I would advise you to take it

Heard something similar about an irish league game last week but the result went the other way. Wouldnt pay too much heed. Its only trebles and upwards on the Irish league in any case.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

full back

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 25, 2008, 05:07:43 PM
Its only trebles and upwards on the Irish league in any case.

You can back singles in the Irish League on Betfair - although the price is gone on it now

Louth Exile

Sadler´s Wells retired from stud duties

Legendary sire Sadler´s Wells is to be retired from stud duties due to declining fertility.
The decision was made by the team at Coolmore Stud, where the 27-year-old son of Northern Dancer will remain in retirement having stood there since the end of the 1985 Flat season.
Sadler´s Wells was champion sire in Britain and Ireland a record-breaking 14 times, including 13 years in succession.
Coolmore manager Christy Grassick said: "I think Sadler´s Wells is generally acknowledged as the best sire Europe has ever seen and we feel very privileged to have been associated with him.
"Despite his advancing years, he is still in remarkably good condition and I hope he enjoys a long and happy retirement.
"His influence will be felt for many years to come and in Galileo, Montjeu and High Chaparral, we are delighted to have his three best sons at Coolmore."
Sadler´s Wells, sired by Northern Dancer and out of Fairy Bridge, was foaled in the United States in 1981.
Trained by the masterful Vincent O´Brien, he enjoyed a very successful racing career that saw him win many of the highest-profile prizes.
Counting the Derrinstown Stud Derby Trial, Irish 2000 Guineas, Eclipse and Irish Champion Stakes among his haul as a three-year-old alone, O´Brien´s bay was making the headlines long before finding his true niche in the racing game.
When retired to stud, Sadler´s Wells had won six of his 11 starts and earned over ¿575,000 in prize money.
Really hitting the heights as a stallion, the virtually incomparable Sadler´s Wells sired over 200 stakes winners and well over 60 Group One scorers.
Even a scaled-down list of the major players he has produced makes for sensational reading, with the likes of Montjeu, Galileo, High Chaparral and Yeats all featuring prominently.
Further back, in the late 1980s, In The Wings, Old Vic and Opera House were all flying the flag in top-flight company.
Along with those superstars, he sired plenty of top-notch fillies as well, including 1000 Guineas, Oaks and Irish Derby winner Salsabil and the exceptionally-talented Alexandrova.
The latter, trained by Aidan O´Brien, secured the Epsom, Irish and Yorkshire Oaks in a sensational three-year-old campaign.
His versatility as a sire was also highlighted perfectly by triple Champion Hurdle winner Istabraq, who won no fewer than 23 of his 29 races over timer to accrue well over ¿1million in winnings.
Sadler´s Wells ran in the colours of the late Robert Sangster.
His son Ben said: "He was a phenomenal horse. His record as a stallion is unbelievable and it is the end of a very distinguished career.
"His legacy will live on through his sons and daughters and their sons and daughters.
"He has the likes of Montjeu and Galileo among many others to continue his bloodline.
"I don´t remember much about his racing days as I was only a child myself, but he showed he was a classy and tough performer.
"He was a son of Northern Dancer and he has continued that legacy as I´m sure his progeny will continue his.
"A number of his sons and daughters will probably be lining up at Epsom this year and for the next couple of years to come and his influence will continue."

http://www.irish-racing.com/v4news2.htm

Now he was some stud! Father to High Chapparal, my favourite flat horse of all time and the Legend that was Istabraq
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

bennydorano

Got a tip for Johnny Rook, 3.20@Newbury.  Hasn't run before.  Allegedly came from a William Hill executive!  11/1 in the paper

the Deel Rover

he is at 8 's with terry rodgers now Benny
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001