The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Homer

10s with William Hill and Ladbrokes, 9s with Paddys and 8s with Boyles and elsewhere.

http://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/dundalk/21:40

Homer

Quote from: Homer on March 07, 2008, 02:13:56 PM
Some word for Chuinn Mhuire (EW) in the last at Dundalk tonight if any of ye feel like a bet.

Apologies to anyone who had a punt on that one, poor effort.

High Catch

There seems to be a trend lately (or maybe its always been there), that a horse on the all weather is backed in early morning but then its price levels out and the horse runs a shocker.

Is this just bookies tricks?

Homer

Quote from: High Catch on March 10, 2008, 11:56:40 AM
There seems to be a trend lately (or maybe its always been there), that a horse on the all weather is backed in early morning but then its price levels out and the horse runs a shocker.

Is this just bookies tricks?

Sometimes the yard itself leaves it a bit late to have a punt and when they finally attempt to, they find that the value is long gone and so they decide to just send the horse out for a jog and hold off the big run for the next time.

It happens all to often that I have been looking through the results and spotted winners I'd been tipped on recent outings. These horses are usually followed by a comment like "found something extra today"  :D

longball

Spotted any unladylike behaviour report within:
http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=13209.0

the Deel Rover

Quote from: longball on March 15, 2008, 03:33:43 PM
anybody any tips for 2day?

Hold on to your money longball its been a long week
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Fermanaghandsam

Whos everyone betting on in the national to-morrow?

Any Tips

magpie seanie

Got a word about Blueberry Boy in 2.45 at Fairyhouse. EW.

maddog

Going to invest in Nina Carbury again in the last

magpie seanie

Hopefully that was too late for anyone to waste their dosh on. If not - sorry.

magpie seanie

Was about to bin my unsuccessful dockets from yesterday when I noticed written on the bottom - "Money Back All Fallers at Fairyhouse" . I'm informed that one of my nags did fall so I assume I can go back into the PP shop today and recover my stake? Anyone else have this happen to them or am I missing something. Seems too good to be true...

Louth Exile

According to the official result Alexander Taipan was the only faller

http://www.irish-racing.com/v4result088200803241555.htm

I know that VC were doing an offer like that so no reason why PP were not doing the same on such a big race. PP and Boyles normally have specials for the big races.

It is certainly worth checking out Seanie
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

AZOffaly

I got money back after backing your 'tip' ;) yesterday Seanie, but I backed him each way, so I only got back the winning stake. Still better than nothing. I put €10 e/w on it, and I got back €10.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Louth Exile on March 26, 2008, 09:29:16 AM
According to the official result Alexander Taipan was the only faller

http://www.irish-racing.com/v4result088200803241555.htm

I know that VC were doing an offer like that so no reason why PP were not doing the same on such a big race. PP and Boyles normally have specials for the big races.

It is certainly worth checking out Seanie

LE, this was yesterday, PP had it for all races at fairyhouse yesterday too, not just the National on Monday.

maddog

From the racingpost

"Nina Carberry, arguably, produced the ride of the meeting when getting JAQUOUILLE up in the dying stride to deny a gallant outsider with only a length and a half separating the first-five home. The winner, a faller four out in a similar event at Leopardstown, had a previous course win to his credit as a novice. He was produced wide by his rider and stayed on relishing every yard of this trip. Arthur Moore intends bringing the 11-year-old to Punchestown next month and longer term he might consider theFoxhunters at Cheltenham next year."

fair play to you girl  8)