Munster Minor and U-20 Football 2019

Started by Ball Hopper, November 30, 2018, 11:05:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ball Hopper

For 2019 the competition will have two phases.

Phase 1 is a group of 4 - Clare, Limerick, Tipperary and Waterford.  3 games for each team.

Phase 2 will be a group of 3 - Cork, Kerry and the winner of Phase 1.  2 games for each team in  Phase 2.  First game will be Cork v Kerry, second game will be Cork/Kerry loser v Phase 1 winner, third game will be Cork/Kerry winner v winner of Phase 1.

Top 2 teams at the conclusion of Phase 2 contest the Munster Final.

Sounds ok to me.  Any comments?

tippabu

I can fully understand why but i dont like the fact kerry and cork are cherry picked to go straight into phase 2 based on tradition alone. I love the extra games from a tipp point of view at this level as minor, especially now its under 17, is all about development. I cant see ourselves doing anything in minor again though, next years minor and the team the following year are very very good and i would expect a good run and chance at winning a munster with them but there is no hope of that with the new format because the day of the dual player at minor is gone and we wont be able compete without the dual players. so to sum up mixed emotions on it but i certainly wouldnt be against it just unfortunate for ourselves in getting the best players now to play football

Ball Hopper

Starts next week...

Phase 1 Round 1 10 April 2019 Limerick v Clare  - Newcastlewest @ 6:45pm

Phase 1 Round 1 10 April 2019 Tipperary v Waterford - Sean Treacy Park Tipperary Town @ 6:45pm

Phase 1 Round 2 17 April 2019 Clare v Tipperary - Clare venue

Phase 1 Round 2 17 April 2019 Waterford v Limerick - Waterford venue

Phase 1 Round 3 24 April 2019 Tipperary v Limerick - Sean Treacy Park Tipperary Town

Phase 1 Round 3 24 April 2019 Waterford v Clare - Waterford venue

Phase 1 Final      07 May 2019 Venue TBC

Phase 2 Round 1 07 May 2019 Cork v Kerry - Pairc Ui Rinn

Phase 2 Round 2 15 May 2019 Phase 1 Winner v Loser of Cork/Kerry - Venue TBC

Phase 2 Round 3 23 May 2019 Winner of Cork/Kerry v Phase 1 Winner - Cork or Kerry venue

Munster Minor Final      22 June 2019 Venue TBC @ 4:45pm

tippabu

Two easy wins for tipp and Clare last night

Horse Box

Great performance from Tipp , 4 points up after 4 minutes then the Cork  ::) Ref gave frees out of sympathy to the Waterford lads , their own supporters were embarrassed ! The 3 Thurles lads were superb along with Gooch Shanahan of Roscrea and Kyle Shelly .

Ball Hopper

Phase 1, Rd 2 results:

Clare 1-10 Tipp 0-6

Waterford 1-7 Limerick 0-10

Phase 3 fixtures for 24 April:

Tipp v Limerick
Waterford v Clare

Clare in the Phase 1 final, where they will meet the Tipp/Limerick winner.

Ball Hopper

Phase 1, Rd 3 results:

Tipperary 0-10 Limerick 0-10

Waterford 2-7 Clare 1-9

Final table has Clare on 4 points, Tipperary and Waterford have 3 each and Limerick have 2 points.  Since Tipperary beat Waterford 4-13 to 0-7 in Rd 1, they meet Clare in the Phase 1 final on 7 May.

Also on 7 May is the first game of Phase 2, Cork v Kerry in Pairc Ui Rinn.

Ball Hopper

Phase 2

Streaky scoring bursts in this game. Kerry go 0-6 to 0-1 up after only 9 minutes. Cork bring it back to 0-7 apiece after 22 minutes.

Kerry get the next 4 points and Cork get a point on the stroke of half time to leave Kerry ahead 0-11 to 0-8 at the short whistle.

Second half opens with a Cork goal to level things, but Kerry have run their total to 3-18 by the time Cork get their next point with five minutes left.

Final score: Kerry 3-19 Cork 1-9

Rossfan

Oh dear the Cork demise continues....
Wicklow hit 9-20 V Kilkenny.
Time for a Minor 2nd Tier for the likes of tonight's losers :D
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Corkscrew

Quote from: Rossfan on May 07, 2019, 09:23:36 PM
Oh dear the Cork demise continues....
Wicklow hit 9-20 V Kilkenny.
Time for a Minor 2nd Tier for the likes of tonight's losers :D

We were one of the favourities to win it out along with Mayo, Dublin, Tyrone and of course Kerry. This may be our first of three meetings with them.
It would be great to get revenge in the AI Final.

Ball Hopper

Phase 1 final:  Clare 3-12 Tipperary 0-6.

Upcoming fixtures:

15 May Clare v Cork

23 May Kerry v Clare

22 June Final:  Top 2 in Phase group of 3 teams. 

If Clare beat Cork next week, the Kerry/Clare game is a dead rubber as both teams are already in the final.

Ball Hopper

Ball Hopper

Result from tonight:  Kerry 1-16 Clare 0-11 (half time 1-8 to 0-3)

Final will be Cork v Kerry

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Ball Hopper on May 23, 2019, 09:03:03 PM

A month wait to the final and then another month before the All Ireland quarter finals. Can they not schedule fixtures a little better in Munster?

Ball Hopper

Quote from: Cunny Funt on May 23, 2019, 09:33:15 PM
Quote from: Ball Hopper on May 23, 2019, 09:03:03 PM

A month wait to the final and then another month before the All Ireland quarter finals. Can they not schedule fixtures a little better in Munster?

Leaving Cert in the meantime.