The State Of The Roads

Started by Under Lights, April 17, 2018, 10:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: AQMP on April 17, 2018, 03:36:19 PM
Quote from: David McKeown on April 17, 2018, 03:32:22 PM
My sister in law wish boned her suspension a couple of weeks ago on an horrendous pot hole in Bangor. It was late and night and poorly lit. Thankfully she wasn't doing any speed. Don't think I've ever seen the roads as bad

I suppose it's cold comfort to know that it's just not Tyrone and Fermanagh where the roads are in a poor condition.  You may be able to undserstand minor roads being bad but the main roads in Fermanagh are in a desperate state.
The roads in Switzerland and France have also been neglected
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

johnnycool

My sister in law wish boned her suspension a couple of weeks ago on an horrendous pot hole in Bangor. It was late and night and poorly lit. Thankfully she wasn't doing any speed. Don't think I've ever seen the roads as bad

I suppose it's cold comfort to know that it's just not Tyrone and Fermanagh where the roads are in a poor condition.  You may be able to undserstand minor roads being bad but the main roads in Fermanagh are in a desperate state.

Cow shite will wreck a tar road in no time.   ;)

BennyCake

Quote from: seafoid on April 17, 2018, 03:38:29 PM

The roads in Switzerland and France have also been neglected

I thought it would have been paved with Nazi gold.

seafoid

Never mind the state of the roads
In Donegal the state of the cars is shocking (over 50% Car test failure rates in some areas)

https://www.rte.ie/news/nuacht/2018/0417/955087-rata-teip-nct-is-airde-i-ndun-na-ngall/
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

illdecide

Blame your politicians up in the big white house...I used to work for Roads Service (Transport NI) and I recently bumped into my old ex boss and he was telling me his annual budget for maintenance (pot holes & gully cleaning etc) was £700,000 that was for Lisburn area and his latest budget for the year was £70,000. That's 2 months work for his crew, they haven't even got the money for diesel to take their lorry's out in the street FFS
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Therealdonald

The roads are brutal. Too many pen pushers in that particular department. Its still seen as the handiest number you can get. Dn't believe any of this budget nonsense. They've got away with doing nothing for years and now its caught up with them.

illdecide

Quote from: Therealdonald on April 18, 2018, 12:09:58 AM
The roads are brutal. Too many pen pushers in that particular department. Its still seen as the handiest number you can get. Dn't believe any of this budget nonsense. They've got away with doing nothing for years and now its caught up with them.

Nonsense...Think about what you wrote, of course there are a few bluffers in it but if you have no money to spend you can't fix anything
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch