The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Onlooker on June 20, 2011, 10:08:30 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 20, 2011, 08:32:34 PM
Quote from: Onlooker on June 20, 2011, 08:23:19 PM
Quote from: boojangles on June 20, 2011, 01:54:50 PM
I always consider Paul Carberry and Timmy Murphy as hold-up merchants. Leaving it til the last minute to make the move. Alot of times it doesn't pay off, like yesterday.
Give me Barry Geraghty any day.
I'l be backing him on St Devote tonight at Kilbeggan. Should win.
I was lucky enough to have a share in a horse that won 2 Grade 2 hurdle races ridden by Timmy Murphy in 2006.   She led for every yard in both races and Timmy gave a super ride on both occasions.  He could ride winners from the front or from off the pace.  Top class jockey and very genuine fellow.  Maybe he is winding down as a jockey, but I would love to have him riding any horse that I was involved with.

Celestial Wave Onlooker?? Tragic what happened her in the end.

I think owners and punters look at things very differently. The last thing an owner wants is his young inexperienced horse having a bad experience in a bumper or a maiden hurdle, whereas a punter who has his hard earned on wants the same horse to get the McCoy treatment.
It was Celestial Wave all right and it was heartbreaking at the time, but some great memories all the same.

She was a fine mare. It was a pity there was no mares hurdle at Cheltenham for her at that time. I love the white bridle that Adrian uses on his horses. Really makes them stand out.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

boojangles

Quote from: beer baron on June 20, 2011, 08:33:46 PM
Carberry doing the business this evening!  :)

Carberry must read this thread and wanted revenge. :D :D

Cáthasaigh

Fair play to whomever mentioned St Devote last night as it led to me discovering Paul Carberry was on a horse called 'Casey Top'. I got 11/2 on him in Toals but after reading some of the comments in this thread decided to back him again on Betfair. I put £10 e/w on a at about 9 or 10s but only ended up getting £55 odd back on it. The way you don't get the price showing when you place a bet there is balls. An E/W bet placed at 14 or 15 could end up costing you money for a place the way some of them come in before the off. I would have lost money myself had Carberry only placed.
Demand a 32 County referendum for unity!

bridge fan

fancy hired hand in the 1st @ ballinrobe 2nte

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: bridge fan on June 21, 2011, 04:58:30 PM
fancy hired hand in the 1st @ ballinrobe 2nte

No time wasters on the thread please!!!  :P

Donnellys Hollow

As much as I like to see Charles O'Brien doing well, I have to say that Hired Hound is a wretched creature for one so beautifully bred.

I had a little e/w bet on him on his debut in a bumper at the Punchestown Festival two years ago, purely on the strength of his pedigree. He ran so wide off the bend turning in that he was nearly galloping down Naas main street. His attitude doesn't look to have improved since then.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

attheraces

Uncle Taffy to win by under 7 lengths tonight in the 7.55 is my bet. 7/4 and his 6lb penalty might make it that small bit harder for him.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

boojangles

Quote from: attheraces on June 21, 2011, 06:10:10 PM
Uncle Taffy to win by under 7 lengths tonight in the 7.55 is my bet. 7/4 and his 6lb penalty might make it that small bit harder for him.

I think Rassi Maguire might give him something to think about.

Muzz

Theres a lot of money going on this.  McLean's has taken the decision to close this market already.  Unless everyone is using your tip :-)

attheraces

They raced over at Ballinrobe last month over the same distance. Uncle Taffy won by 2 lengths to Rassi Maguire but in truth it was much easier than that and the 6 lb penalty should bring them closer together, but not enough so to oppose Uncle Taffy in my opinion. Though he probably will give him enough to think about that he doesn't break 7 lengths clear of him ;)
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

bridge fan

Quote from: boojangles on June 21, 2011, 06:30:58 PM

I think Rassi Maguire might give him something to think about.

heard a bit of word 4 rassi last night have had the last 2 winners there so only need 2 get another 100 back to break even  :)

drici

drici

drici

drici