The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Candyman

attheraces

Quote from: Chief Whip on June 16, 2011, 12:31:05 PM
What do ye's think of fame and glorys chances today?

Untested over the trip but so was yeats, and o'brien seems to have been aiming him towards this one

I was at Navan in April when he won over a mile and five and he was pretty impressive that day. He only won by about half a length that day but that's because he was running out of ground, I would imagine he will enjoy the step up in trip. When it comes to class there he would win hands down but the stamina has to be a question mark and at the price it is to short to me. Holberg is currently 4.4 to place on betfair and he will love the ground and it is easier to suit this distance to him rather than Fame and Glory.
I intend to live forever. So far, so good.

attheraces

I just turned on the coverage I didn't realise the ground is soft which isn't good for Holberg. Must be massive money on Fame and Glory, far too short a price with such question marks about his stamina.

boojangles

Sorry Im late with it but was told to back Fictional Account last week. Forgot to put it up earlier. Hasn't run past 2m 1f. Its about 18/1 and could end up last but the vibes are supossed to be good about it.

Chief Whip

Fame and glory class act!

Worried about him before race, but hit him hard at 2/1 thank god!  ;D

Will he go on to be as good as Yeats? certainly very impressive today; imagine quicker ground

attheraces

Quote from: Chief Whip on June 16, 2011, 03:56:13 PM
Fame and glory class act!

Worried about him before race, but hit him hard at 2/1 thank god!  ;D

Will he go on to be as good as Yeats? certainly very impressive today; imagine quicker ground

2/1 was a decent price in hindsight but he was still too short for me to back with full certainty. Fame and Glory is ten times the horse Yeats was.

Radda bout yeee

Quote from: Candyman on June 16, 2011, 03:06:00 PM
Tastahil e/w ;-)

Fancied Tastahil myself went e/w on it - looked good for a while on the pp text commentary! just ran out of steam i take it!

randomtask

whos the fancy for the next lads? I like the look of honey of a kitten

attheraces

If there was ever a lottery in horse racing the 4.25 is probably that. Honey of a Kitten is a good price on betfair, Sagramor would be the pick if I was pushed.

Chief Whip

Quote from: randomtask on June 16, 2011, 04:04:53 PM
whos the fancy for the next lads? I like the look of honey of a kitten

Nothing stands out to me; think i'll sit this one out

Bud Wiser

Lads, ye have turned this into the best thread on the board.  Duz anyone know the link to a site I was registered with before but for the life of me I cant find it again, you could enter the name of the horse and when it would be running you would get a reminder?
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Donnellys Hollow

Ah lads, ten times the horse Yeats was?

He did that fairly well but it was a shockingly poor renewal of the Gold Cup and it was a messy stop start sort of race which undoubtedly helped him given that he had the speed to win a Tatts Gold Cup at the Curragh over a mile and a quarter. Had he been chasing a proper stayer turning in like Rite Of Passage, it might have been a different story. When he's won another three Gold Cups, then we can compare him to Yeats!

Quote from: Bud Wiser on June 16, 2011, 04:20:27 PM
Lads, ye have turned this into the best thread on the board.  Duz anyone know the link to a site I was registered with before but for the life of me I cant find it again, you could enter the name of the horse and when it would be running you would get a reminder?

Try the horse tracker on irishracing.com Bud.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

attheraces

Quote from: Bud Wiser on June 16, 2011, 04:20:27 PM

A number of sites do this, some charge depending on whether it is a text or e-mail service. It might be GG.com they provide an e-mail service for free. I remember Sporting Life had a nag me section and googling it there is also a NagMe.com which having a quick look look's a good simple layout but pretty comprehensive.

Bud Wiser

The one I was subscribed to was free and you could enter all your horses, the best ever but I lost the link.

EDIT.  Think I got it......http://www.irishracing.com/v5tracker
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Bud Wiser